The Darknuts

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Here, we discuss the Knightly Way. This consists of our own code of conduct, a reasonable philosophical worldview, combat in any form, and how we improve the limited realm on which we are able to impose our will (read: the forum). When not improving the forum, we discuss and are promoted based on prowess with words.

[spoiler=Darknuts' Code of Conduct: V1.0]

•I must preserve the normalcy and happiness of non-Darknuts' lives to the greatest possible degree.

•I must complete my tasks with maximal efficiency.

•I must pleasantly cooperate with those who would help me.

•I must not allow an unjust authority to stand without challenging it.

[spoiler=Ranking Structure]

Red Darknut*: Just joined

Discusses in hopes of being promoted to Blue Darknut; cannot be assigned to Black Darknut

Blue Darknut: Shield recommendation; Darknut Prime

Can be sent on missions; discusses

White Darknut: Two Shields and one Mighty Darknut recommendation; Darknut Prime

Can manage parts of missions; discusses

Shield Darknut: Majority vote of the Mighty Darknuts

Can manage parts of missions or cancel missions; discusses

Black Darknut: Assigned by the Mighty Darknuts at the start of an important mission

Temporary rank which exists to autonomously command important missions

Mighty Darknut: 75% vote of the Mighty Darknuts

An administrator of the guild with all the powers of a Shield Darknut

Darknut Prime: Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac

A Mighty Darknut with the power to instantly promote some ranks

[spoiler=Peacetime]

Peacetime exists whenever no mission is taking place. The Mighty Darknuts and any applicable Shields moderate discussion among Darknuts, occasionally declaring Socratic seminars when an interesting topic arises.

[spoiler=Missions]

If we find a good concept with poor execution, the Mighty Darknuts may call a mission into existence. A single Darknut is voted on by the Mighty Darknuts to be Darkened into a Black Darknut who will lead the mission, independent of the Mighty Darknuts. The Black Darknut then chooses as staff of Blue and White Darknuts to carry out the mission with him. Basically, after asking permission, they re-execute the concept for the Darknuts in a relentless attempt to fix the concept. A mission cannot be stopped until its completion, and the original executor will be expected to pick up where the mission left off.

[spoiler=Membership]

Kaden — Red Darknut

Roxas — Blue Darknut

Lucifer — Blue Darknut

Davok — Black Darknut

Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac — Darknut Prime

[spoiler=Current Mission]Mission Proposal: War of All Games

Davok is the Black Darknut for this mission.

Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac — Darknut Prime

Roxas — Blue Darknut

Lucifer — Blue Darknut

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay thee. The trouble is writing it down.

Shoulda known only people I knew would glance at this. Accepted as a Red for the moment.

On what subject is thy mythos?

Subject? Hmmm... Fantasy, if I interpreted thy post correctly. xD It is was originally created to give Lord Davok a deeper backstory, but eventually went waaaaaay more in depth. I've just finished making up the Creation myth, and yes, the problem is all writing it down. I have, also, created three "evil" factions/races in the mythos, which Davok has also encounted. The Khazzorse, the Shaggaricons and the Jakkals.

Lucifer is a Red for sure. DOP is pending while I figure out whether (s)he's banned or just screwing with the letters in his/her name.

I'm certain Dweller was banned for constant spamming and possible flaming. You know' date=' the usual. I'm joining by the way.

[/quote']

Oh yeah, the twat crap, I even tried to shut him up with that nonsense, but, well, he got it. Serves him right if you ask me.

A knightly virtue is helping everybody in need, and defending those that are in harms way, and serves their leader/king. A common virtue is a moral excellence, such as helping helping someone up when they have fallen.

<_< Is that right in a sense of what you asked?

EDIT: I am possibly barely close, right?

Basically. Now we debate what values we should eliminate, which values we should add, and how they differ from common values (and thus, how knights differ from the common).

For example, knights are often expected to be chaste, no? If everyone were a knight, we'd have something of a problem.

Basically. Now we debate what values we should eliminate' date=' which values we should add, and how they differ from common values (and thus, how knights differ from the common).

For example, knights are often expected to be chaste, no? If everyone were a knight, we'd have something of a problem.

[/quote']

Wait, so I was right? Well, if that was the case, then I shall try my best to answer your question.

For the values, it entirely depends. Some people will lie only to those he doesn't trust, such as another knight who was accused of a sin, but has been proven that he has not sinned, but you still have your suspicions. Some will do anything for honor, and to maintain it, even killing another. Some, value generosity, over selfishness, but of certain virtues.

And for the chaste part, well, in short, we'd be screwed if everybody was a knight back in olden times.

Yes, values do differ. So which do we adopt?

For example, a traditional knightly value is to be unswervingly loyal to one's master. I personally consider such blind obedience to be downright evil, and so would abolish that value myself. Seeing as we're the only ones here, I thought the rest of the Darknuts ought to offer input.

Yes, obedience can be very much a downfall, just as much as the Seven Majority Sins, you know, the works, Pride, Lust, and such.

I think Discipline would be a very good one. Without discipline, we wouldn't be able to do much now would we?

Courage, hey, we want to do something, we want to do it, with this value, you'll be able to do what you want, and knock down every obstacle in your way.

Just to name a couple.

With courage should come moderation. We should aim to minimize the destruction caused by our attempts to clear resistance, no? Respect for others and whatnot.

Also, what do you mean by "discipline?" Some might take that to mean determination; others, another word for obedience; still others, holding back when necessary.

Yes' date=' values do differ. So which do we adopt?

For example, a traditional knightly value is to be unswervingly loyal to one's master. I personally consider such blind obedience to be [b']downright evil[/b], and so would abolish that value myself. Seeing as we're the only ones here, I thought the rest of the Darknuts ought to offer input.

=D

Coooooome on, after all, Utopia Justifies the Means.

I believe that we should define the "discipline": as the determination to accomplish ones goals in the most efficient and quickest way possible. Such as, if there is an sort of La Resistance disturbing the peace we shall rush in and end the problem before any citizens get hurt. (But then, there'll always be some who'll get "Caught in the Crossfire" ehehe) We don't have to kill them, maybe just bail them out when they promise not to do it again. And if they do it again, then we kill them, in the most entertaining and amusing ways possible. :twisted:

I guess this kind of conflicts with the virtue part in "knightly virtue", but eh. I took my Cup of Evil this morning and had to let up some steam.

Both.

Determination: You just pretty much will to go after what you want, but yes. To a minimum, because earlier you want to pass a test or something. Later, you become quite intelligent, and now you will try to take money from the bank and, you're screwed.

Obedience: Sometimes, you need to listen, because it is your place and whatnot, because you probably have not enough authority to lead people. Also, with obedience, you also learn, because you know what to do and not to do.

Still. I think it's about a person's personality also that takes into consideration when considering values.

@Davok: Ooh, we're rather Machiavellian. Not that I'm complaining; utopia really does justify the means, and that's pretty much the entire point of my latest attempt at novelism.

@Lucifer: I think I get what you're saying, but we'd need to split that. We'd need to stay focused, pleasantly agree to cooperate with those who would help us, and get the job done.

@All:

So, we get things done, without doubting ourselves, as quickly as possible. Still, we must be virtuous to some degree; we are not an evil organization. A third virtue might be to preserve the normalcy and happiness of non-Darknuts as much as possible.

•I must preserve the normalcy and happiness of non-Darknuts' lives to the greatest possible degree.

Is there dissent?

Ooh' date=' we're rather Machiavellian. Not that I'm complaining; utopia really does justify the means, and that's pretty much the entire point of my latest attempt at novelism.

So, we get things done, without doubting ourselves, as quickly as possible. Still, we must be virtuous to some degree; we are [i']not[/i] an evil organization. A third virtue might be to preserve the normalcy and happiness of non-Darknuts as much as possible. Is there dissent?

I would post the LDSSCV again, but I know it'll just die. :(

Yes, preserving the normalcy and happiness of non-Darknuts is fair. I second it.

EDIT:

Er, bump.

Topics or missions, anyone?

Lucifer and Davok are Blues for early administration purposes.

Blue? So soon?

Well, we can discuss the all time favorite by curious people, most people in the world actually: What is the meaning of life?

Or we can discuss a mission that can be resolved.

Personally, I don't mind either of the two.

But the life one is old, so how about: What will happen when you die?

If we find a mission, someone needs to be able to go on it, see. You wouldn't go up that quickly normally.

That one is really only dialectically deductive; we can only isolate theories that don't work. Got one to name?

Archived