What if this were a rule?

Would this rule make the game better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would this rule make the game better?

• Yes it would.
    • No it wouldn't.

I know that this was brought up by Crab Helmet in a Synchro discussion, but it's a great topic to discuss:

What if, in order to Synchro Summon, not only do the Levels of the Tuner and non-Tuner monsters have to add up, but at least one of the Synchro Material has to have the same Type and/or Attribute as the Synchro Monster being summoned?

Goyo Guardian is still ridiculously easy to Synchro Summon and some Synchro monsters are unaffected (such as the Plaguespreader Zombie Synchros), but what about the other monsters whose Material are just 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters? Would Brionac be used?

Discuss how different this would make the game and the building of Extra Decks. The "Generic Extra Deck" probably wouldn't exist, for one thing.

Stardust dies?

Seriously' date=' there arent alot of WIND-Attribute monsters that give you a good benefit :/

Debris Dragon, maybe.

and Goyo should have used Jutte Fighter as the Tuner, it would have made him more balanced.

[/quote']

For Stardust, I'm thinking:

Turbo Synchron + Regenerating Rose?

*hears a loud WROOOOOOOOOOOONG!*

Oh yeah. In the OCG they have this:

SoldierofMistValleyDT01-JP-DNPR-DT.jpg

A Level 4 WIND Tuner with a cool effect.

Goyo Guardian should say this for its Synchro Material:

1 Level 2 Warrior-type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.

Remember that Trudge used Torapart to summon Goyo Guardian, too. the fact that he used Torapart was essential too because it negated Yusei's SIS.

I think that this rule would make the game better (as well as the Goyo errata), but it would also make a few of Yusei's Synchro Summons illegal. We don't want that to happen.

Stardust Dragon would be very tough to Synchro Summon, but Black Rose Dragon not necessarily. It would require the use of one of either Rose, Warrior of Revenge, Debris Dragon, or Phoenixian Seed as a non-Tuner.

Emissary of Pandemonium + Phoenixian Seed for Black Rose Dragon?

*gets shot by someone with an invisible gun*

What if this were a rule? The game would be improved. It'd be cool.

albinos would just be less playable and splashable

There's no reason to not splash or play them unless you're encumbered by Fusions, in which case I suggest a different Decktype. This wouldn't change having no reason not to splash them into every Deck you make. So yeah.

I would be annoyed.

One of the things that Morphtronic Scopen can easily do after due preparation, bringing out 3 synchros in one turn.

In fact, aren't there some tuners that would be 100% worthless after that? Either way, never gonna happen.

I was thinking that Homunculus the Alchemic Being (Level 1800 ATK Plant that changes Attribute) would see A LOT more play. This game would be more interesting with this rule. This rule still doesn't limit the power of Lightsworn, GB's, or Blackwings, though.

This rule would prevent a lot of new players from playing the game and the game would eventually die.

Bad idea.

Not really.....

Konami could have made the Synchro monsters, where they are Tuner-Specific. So they would require more skill.

Instead, we have a Summoner Monk OTK. And it only uses 3 cards >____>

In fact' date=' aren't there some tuners that would be 100% worthless after that? Either way, never gonna happen.

[/quote']

"Synchro Material" doesn't necessarily mean a Tuner.

that will destroy the game since my deck is almost 100% Dark and my synchros are from most attributes.

lol no kenta your silly that would not destroy the game it would just destroy your deck and not even cuz you'd still have dark end dragon and probably other stuff like RDA etc.

Harpie Synchro = High Tier

and thats sad

Stardust isn't exactly insta-win. It's good, but it's not even the best Synchro nowadays. DSF, Brionac, and Goyo are all cooler.

In fact' date=' aren't there some tuners that would be 100% worthless after that? Either way, never gonna happen.

[/quote']

"Synchro Material" doesn't necessarily mean a Tuner.

A Synchro Material Monster is any monster used in the Synchro Summon, not just the Tuner. Some monsters would get more use in order to allow for the use of some Synchro monsters (I can see Brionac being summoned by Deep Sea Diva and a Level 4 monster).

that will destroy the game since my deck is almost 100% Dark and my synchros are from most attributes.

lol no kenta your silly that would not destroy the game it would just destroy your deck and not even cuz you'd still have dark end dragon and probably other stuff like RDA etc.

Don't forget Dark Strike Fighter. Kenta' date=' don't say that something is bad for the game and then give a reason why it hurts YOU.

Harpie Synchro = High Tier

and thats sad

Stardust isn't exactly insta-win. It's good' date=' but it's not even the best Synchro nowadays. DSF, Brionac, and Goyo are all cooler.

[/quote']

By that logic, Mist Valley should probably be even higher in rank because they have access to Stardust and even more Synchros.

How hard would decks that focus on one Attribute be hit? Would it allow decks with many attributes of monsters (like Genex) to rise to higher tiers? Would Genex become top-tier?

Archived