Moth Monster Set(Self Drawn)(19/47)NEW Spiritless Moth Dread

Nikkiboy029

Pretty interesting set :) The machine one will fill your field (actually' date=' not in the fanfic because I doubt there will be more copies of it in the Deck, or will it? :D )

False Light Special Summons to Summon Butterfly Sonya, then Angered to destroy face-down monsters, then the machine, which would activate its effect and Special Summon another Machine (maybe a one of those 3000 ATK gadget Dragons or another copy of itself so that the second one brings the 3000 ATK machine ;) )

I must add, I'm not saying its overpowered, you need to have the set-up in the Graveyard to do it and that balances it. If you were to do that, technically only 3 of them where Special Summoned by fake Light so... xD

Nice Set, and the other monsters that aren't part of the Moths are also interesting.

The drawings are impressing, mines are full of line paper lately lol.

One more thing, sorry for Necrobumping if I did so ^-^"

[/quote']

well i hope it's not overpowered yet cause these are the weaker cards ^^;

thanks, and no you didn't necrobump :D

3 New Spells cards

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swift Slice's effect is WAY too bland and too OPed. It needs another drawback to it right away

Steel Wing Provision's effect is better' date=' but it still needs a slight drawback, like you can't activate Swift Slice on that same turn

8/10

[/quote']

It looks pretty decent to me =/

Your monster gains 300 (okay), you search for a card so its a +1 because you'll still have this card around, but its only +300 ATK for insects so its almost nothing really, you could as well say the searching effect is the only one to take into account (competitively speaking).

The card you searched for will destroy any Set card at the cost of a discard (still ok). There is an already existing card the destroys a face-down card by discarding a card too, without being quick-play. But the reason this card is still nice and different is:

-The other card does the discarding afterwards, making it an effect instead of a cost, making Dark World monsters benefit from it and also making cards don't loose the timing of card effects due to being the last action. This card discards before as a cost for activation, even being a free search, it only makes up for it with the discard and to make it still be good, its a quick play ;)

-This as a fan-fic card, will probably not be in the Deck more than once (one copy I mean), so there is always an error in concistency due to the posibility of drawing the second card first, making the Equip into a +300 boost effect only in case you get to draw it. That is equivalent to a card effect from about 10 years ago.

Oh god, describing a card combo for this game by discussing balance and card advantage at a competitive level or any level for the matter is almost a science now xD LMAO.

It does seem to be turning into a field of study, doesn't it sleepy? XD

Swift Slice's effect is WAY too bland and too OPed. It needs another drawback to it right away

Steel Wing Provision's effect is better' date=' but it still needs a slight drawback, like you can't activate Swift Slice on that same turn

8/10

[/quote']

It looks pretty decent to me =/

Your monster gains 300 (okay), you search for a card so its a +1 because you'll still have this card around, but its only +300 ATK for insects so its almost nothing really, you could as well say the searching effect is the only one to take into account (competitively speaking).

The card you searched for will destroy any Set card at the cost of a discard (still ok). There is an already existing card the destroys a face-down card by discarding a card too, without being quick-play. But the reason this card is still nice and different is:

-The other card does the discarding afterwards, making it an effect instead of a cost, making Dark World monsters benefit from it and also making cards don't loose the timing of card effects due to being the last action. This card discards before as a cost for activation, even being a free search, it only makes up for it with the discard and to make it still be good, its a quick play ;)

-This as a fan-fic card, will probably not be in the Deck more than once (one copy I mean), so there is always an error in concistency due to the posibility of drawing the second card first, making the Equip into a +300 boost effect only in case you get to draw it. That is equivalent to a card effect from about 10 years ago.

Oh god, describing a card combo for this game by discussing balance and card advantage at a competitive level or any level for the matter is almost a science now xD LMAO.

It does seem to be turning into a field of study, doesn't it sleepy? XD

for the last effect you forgot to say if you can't remove a card from your hand' date=' destroy this card

Also, immunity to ALL card effects makes it WAY OPed

I'd just make it immune to spells

7.7/10

[/quote']

Referring to this, you could have to discard a card or pay 500 LP to make it immune to a card effect for a turn. :)

Lets see, it can attack directly but with only 1000 damage done regardless of the ATK. ;D

Its unnafected by Card Effects : (

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In real life, its overpowered. You run this 3 times in an insect Deck along with 2 or 3 Trade-Ins(spell that discards a Level 8 to draw 2 cards) to give speed to it. Then something like Gigaplant (2400 ATK Level 6 Gemeni monster that Special Summons a Plant or Insect from your hand or Graveyard each turn) to get it fast with no Tributes. The only way to kill it is by battle and it has huge 3000, even if it dies, Gigaplants will probably be able to get 3 copies of this card to the field in no time, again, again and again.

So yeah, the "unaffected" part sort of makes it overpowered xD

I suggest something like adding any of the following:

You can only control 1 "Spiritless Moth Dread" at a time.

This card can only be Summoned while you control another Insect-Type monster.

If this card is attacked' date=' it looses 1000 ATK during the Damage Step only.

[/quote']

or you could not use any of these ;)

personally, I think your card is fine for the fan fic. Only if you want to prevent possible abuse in real life duels lol.

Nice ^-^

Archived