Reasoning + Monster Gate

[align=center]ReasoningPGD-EN-C.jpgMonsterGateDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg

As we all know, they are great cards. But in today's meta, where do we place these on the list? Should they stay Limited, where they are barely useable, or keep them at 3 to return some Turbo to the game?

Discuss[/align]

Their is no reason the 2 shouldn't be at 3 on a good list.

Reasoning has a small chance that you won't get a monster and your opponent has some controle over what monster you do get, or won't get. Monster Gate comes at the cost of a monster so the monster you simply a replacement. Plus in both the monster you get is random and it will more often then not will not be that big of a help to you.

Then the major fact is that on a good list any problem monster you could end up summoning will be banned.

While keeping them at 1 makes them impossible to actually depend on or really use efficiently anymore since last time I checked outside of Gold Sarcophagus it was essentially impossible to search for spells, I believe that running them at 3 would allow for too much abuse in this day and age where self-milling and grave manipulation are key aspects of the game. I'm not really sure where I feel about these two but for now I'm going to say Semi-Limited so they're usable but not utterly abuseable as if they were Unlimited.

These two are a bit trickier to find a place for than some other cards in the game truth be told.

The main problem I see with these is the "send the remaining cards that were picked up to the graveyard". It could make monsters like Evil Hero Dark Gaia and even something like Megarock Dragon or Uria a problem. It becomes fairly easy to get these to reach very high atk points. Then again on a good list most of these would probably be banned but nonetheless being able to send many cards from your deck to the graveyard is questionable. We have many interactions possible like warriors with divine sword phoenix blade and RFP recursion with D.D.R. I'm really unsure of what I'd do with these.

On a personal note I really enjoyed them in DDT even if I must admit it was broken as hell (remember costa mesa).

last time I checked outside of Gold Sarcophagus it was essentially impossible to search for spells

Ancient Gear Drill is so very deppressed he's threatening this topic with an army of trolls...

I also have mixed feelings about these cards although not as much for monster gate...I think it should be atleast at 2 maybe 3, still not to sure about reasoning as even with a risk of nothing gained it's still a free special summon...

Also I'll laugh till death if anyone dares to ban or limit Megarock Dragon

EvilHeroDarkGaiaDP06-EN-C.png

He's the only REAL threat with this card. Point out another powerful threat if I'm wrong. This should probably be banned and let the other two off the Limit hook, probably 2 of each.

Since when was Megarock Dragon a huge threat?

EvilHeroDarkGaiaDP06-EN-C.png

He's the only REAL threat with this card. Point out another powerful threat if I'm wrong. This should probably be banned and let the other two off the Limit hook' date=' probably 2 of each.

Since when was Megarock Dragon a huge threat?

[/quote']

Uria OTK?

*gets shot*

Both are good at three. Either way, you get a free summon, but there's a high risk of losing good cards, namely Spells, Traps, and possible Nomis. Reasoning is a lot more risky than Monster Gate, and Monster Gate hardly deserves to be on the banlist. Like Flame Dragon said, ban the cards that are problems with either of these two.

Both are good at three. Either way' date=' you get a free summon, but there's a high risk of losing good cards, namely Spells, Traps, and possible Nomis. Reasoning is a lot more risky than Monster Gate, and Monster Gate hardly deserves to be on the banlist. Like Flame Dragon said, ban the cards that are problems with either of these two.

[/quote']

I say we start with Chimeratech. XD

Guest Star

There's no reason for Monster Gate and Reasoning to be at anything but three. As said previously, the only problem with them is the fact that they combo with other banworthy cards, such as Chimeratech, Dark Gaia, and I'm sure there are a couple of other cards I'm missing at the moment.

That being said, just ban the cards they combo with and put these back at three.

I love these cards, I really do, but there are so many things that they work in a broken way with: chimeratech, dark gaia blablabla we already said those. But even something like Rainbow Dark Dragon OTK. Really I'm not sure which would be healthier for the game, limiting these or absolutely banning every card these are used in a broken way with. Maybe if I saw a list of everything these abuse. Because some are obvious, like Chimeratech and Dark Gaia, ban them in a heartbeat, but is Rainbow Dark Dragon really banworthy?

The only realistic way to use these cards in a deck that could sweep the higher levels of play would be with Explosion.

The Tier decks, as they are right now, could use some competition; if LS can mill endlessly and blow up the field, why shouldn't Explosion mill endlessly and burn?

Both should be at three. It is important to note that ideally, Explosion and Dupe (Along with a lot of other cards) would be banned, and these cards would be even fairer at 3.

Archived