Pop Culture Cards Rules

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

As always, if you have a problem with any of the rules you may PM me. I am fully open to any suggestions. So here I go...

General Rules

- Any attachments made by the Thread Starter, (Written Cards is allowed this if it is a YVD attachment), will cause your thread to be locked without warning.

- Any thread containing Illegal Content (such as 18+ content), will cause your thread to be locked without warning.

- Any thread without cards, will cause your thread to be locked without warning.

Misc Rules

While I may not be able to uphold these at all times. They are against the rules regardless, and will not be acted upon as consistently as the above due to personal issues or otherwise. There is no bias, simply convenience.

- No one should be allowed to post in a thread saying it is against the rules, without first reporting it.

- You are allowed to bump your thread prior to the 24hr limit, given that it is on the second page, or a 6hr span has passed.

Unique to Pop Culture

These Rules, are more like freebies you are allowed. Provided you can keep it under control and act maturely. Do not abuse these privileges, as they will be taken away if I see it so.

- You may carry out general Pop Culture discussion in your thread, provided that you regularly update your thread with cards for said discussion. And there is no limit to the length of this discussion, assuming you update it within a 3day period.

- Pop Culture Sets may be stickied if I do see that it has earned its right. And they will be taken down seemingly randomly. It all depends on my personal choice.

Also. Image Credit is only required, if a person who owns the artwork complains. But in that case, the card will be likely removed without question. So no, Image Credit is not needed.

If I missed anything. You may PM me your concerns.

Before anyone says anything, yes I did copy+paste the RC rules, but I cut out rules that would not apply to this section. And I added a new section to help make this section more fun overall.

- Pop Culture Sets may be stickied if I do see that it has earned its right. And they will be taken down seemingly randomly. It all depends on my personal choice.

I've always wondered what people do to get their threads stuck. And now I do. Although it may be very challenging...

Guest JoshIcy

Hey' date=' what about the cards that members make from other card games? Like they'll use the same name, same effect, and same picture from say MTG.

I've seen a few in Realistic, and I moved them all here. So we keep all cards like that here?

[/quote']

Move them here. Unless it's purely the name or picture.

If it's both and has a heavy MTG vibe, move it here.

question, for my red VS blue cards, I wish to use some one panel comics for the image, how ever I want to know how far I can go with Language, basically what is the limit of swearing allowed on this site, so I can avoid the banhammer so the speak.

I've always wondered what people do to get their threads stuck. And now I do. Although it may be very challenging...

For me I was just lucky, of course unless I keep my set going, I won't have it up forever. Good thing I got a very broad topic to work on

My Suggestion: Make the Pop Culture subforum a lot more flexible for the children making cards here.

You should add a rule disallowing members from simply stating "fake types are bad" or something along those lines as their rating. Most of the card makers in this subforum are children, and they do not need to have to follow extremely strict conventions that the Realistic Card subforum does follow.

This can apply to other things as well; vanilla-hating, spelling and grammar, OCG, etc.

People should not need to suffer hate from other members who do not find perfection in cards which were merely made to show how much a person likes a specific topic, anime, show, or whatever.

Guest JoshIcy

I have no control over fads lol. Our power can only go so far.

But this section is perfectly fine for subtypes and archetypes.

And the rest are rather loose by my own definition. So if you see anyone being a twat, PM me the post and I'll deal with them personally.

Guest JoshIcy

ummm Icy if someone does something thats against the rules that you said can we PM a mod about it?

Yes. But clicking the Report button is just as easy' date=' if not easier. As all related mods will see it.

This mostly applies to every CC section, but I'm tired of posts that are just "X/10".

I take this one in strides. As I've said before, it helps new members move along and get used to it. But most do in-fact, grow out of it so it's always been a sort of Motivational Tool.

I cannot just get rid of posts like that.

This mostly applies to every CC section' date=' but I'm tired of posts that are just "X/10".

[/quote']

We can't stop that. If someone says rate them, thats what you're going to get. In depth critiques are hard to come by these days. Getting 0/10 and comments like "Your ocg sucks and your pic is dreadful" will turn you into a better cardmaker eventually too, believe it or not.

This mostly applies to every CC section' date=' but I'm tired of posts that are just "X/10".

[/quote']

We can't stop that. If someone says rate them, thats what you're going to get. In depth critiques are hard to come by these days. Getting 0/10 and comments like "Your ocg sucks and your pic is dreadful" will turn you into a better cardmaker eventually too, believe it or not.

thats very true

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]

Ok hear me out' date=' I was thinking it should be against the rules to give a one star rating; sure some people deserve it but for new members who need a little push in the right direction its discouriging when they see they have one star on a card they put effort into.

[/align']

tobi agrees. how many posts/views would you set need to get stickied? I think you should say like "500+ Posts, and 1000+ views". I find that resonable. That or if they had like 200+ aswome cards

Hmm lets see .... why is my new card set been reported ? I see nothing wrong

if your card set was reported then there must have been something wrong! People do it for a reason! Then if its been reported all Mods related to that part of the forum will see it and lock it

Simple as that

P.S I was saying that for a reason and that reason was because mods do not have an easy job!

Archived