Do your parents like the music you listen to?

Dismal Euphony

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad makes fun of it most of the time. So not really' date=' we do like the odd group or song the same, that's about it.

[/quote']

Don't feel bad. My parents make fun of my music as well. :-(

They don't think it's music... They think it's more along the lines of noise. :-(

I guess here's where most of us are the same.

Uh...

I like Marilyn Manson, they like Elvis.

I like Disturbed, they like Mommas and Papas.

Need I say more?

I tend not to let them listen to my songs, they usually just poke fun at it, saying that music has turned into crap in the time they have lived. -.-"

Uh...

I like Marilyn Manson' date=' they like Elvis.

Need I say more?

I tend not to let them listen to my songs, they usually just poke fun at it, saying that music has turned into crap in the time they have lived. -.-"

[/quote']You like Disturbed? I love Disturbed. Anyway, the closest either of my parents comes to listening to the stuff I listen to is pop rock or soft rock, and that's a ways off.

Hardly =D

So I turned it up teh soundz, turn the other screen on, and hell, even headbang to it! =D

I'm probably the only Atheist/Agnostic out of my entire, I mean, entire, family. Sometimes I even scare them, which I think is contagious because everybody that knows my, or knows very little about, but knows what I listen to, knows the basic stuff about me, all of them think I am either Satanist, am Satan, reincarnation of Satan, or Possessed. It's quite funny when you actually look at it =D

But no, nobody in my family listens to my music. Except for my dad, who has a couple of good songs that are Black/Death/Heavy. So I guess 1/?? of my family listens to what I listen. <_<

So yeah, my dad is pretty awesome in that perspective.

Otherwise, no. My parents actually considered getting a priest one time.

Uh...

Need I say more?

[/quote']You like Disturbed? I love Disturbed. Anyway, the closest either of my parents comes to listening to the stuff I listen to is pop rock or soft rock, and that's a ways off.

Ya. Disturbed owns. Wait...Do you like new Disturbed or Old Disturbed?

Uh...

Need I say more?

Ya. Disturbed owns. Wait...Do you like new Disturbed or Old Disturbed?

Both are fine, but I prefer the old.

• 4 weeks later...

Their not too fond of Tech Death, Grindcore, Crustgrind, Deathgrind, Deathcore, Folk Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Black Metal, or hell, anything heavy. And most punk rock too, Even though they listened too it when they were teenagers, well the old punk anyways. The only thing we connect on is the indie/alt. Or classical. Luv classical.

Archived