Do your parents like the music you listen to?

Dismal Euphony

Just curious because my parents aren't too fond of the music I listen to. They're not really black/death metal type people. So usually when I listen to it, my mom yells "YOU CALL THAT NOISE MUSIC?!?!?!?" And then I rightfully respond "YES I DO! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!" and run into my room and slam the door dramatically.

Anyway... What do your parents think of the music you listen to?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom hates it (even though she listened to it when she was a teenager. >.>)

My step dad listens to the same things as me.

My real dad listens to the same things as me

My Grandpa listens to the same things as me...but a little bit softer.....doesnt like the "Satanic" Messages >>

Of course i listen to any form of metal......

So usually when I listen to it' date=' my mom yells "YOU CALL THAT NOISE MUSIC?!?!?!?" And then I rightfully respond "YES I DO! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!" and run into my room and slam the door dramatically.

[/quote']

I lol'ed.xD

Drama mode on!

Actually my parents don't really mind.

They even started liking some of the New Age and instrumental stuff I'm listening to. But the Metal part... depends.

So usually when I listen to it' date=' my mom yells "YOU CALL THAT NOISE MUSIC?!?!?!?" And then I rightfully respond "YES I DO! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!" and run into my room and slam the door dramatically.

[/quote']

I lol'ed.xD

Drama mode on!

Actually my parents don't really mind.

They even started liking some of the New Age and instrumental stuff I'm listening to. But the Metal part... depends.

Lucky. I actually think my parents think I worship Satan.

D:

My mom and the old people like Grandpa and Grandma despise what I listen too, and my aunts.

The list of people who liek mudkipz the music I listen to:

Uncle

Sister

Brother (partial =P)

Dad (Never met him, but mom said he liked Metal and Rock)

And that's it. The others listen to people like Lionel Richie. >_<

So, my parents are 50/50.

The only thing me and my mom have in common is our love for the B-52's

Me my step that pretty much like the same thing (not everything though), like Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, and everything else along those lands. but I hate Toby Keith with a passion and he hates David Bowie and Lou Reed.

Pops: Grew up listening to Ozzy, Metallica, Kiss and the like.

Mom: is tolerant of Metallica, Disturbed, Ozzy, and Guns 'N Roses.

Me: System of a Down, Disturbed, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Lacuna Coil, Korn, Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Linkin Park, RED, Evanecense, Three Days Grace, Rob Zombie, Spineshank, Killswitch Engage......

You get the idea...

My mom likes most of the technical death metal I listen too, besides Brain Drill and Psychroptic, and she also likes Rammstein, Tool, and Mastodon.

My brother basically listens to everything I listen to except for Mumakil and any deathcore.

My dad has similar musical taste' date=' he likes Thrash Metal and I even introduced him to Symphonic Black Metal.

My mom and step dad don't like it but they don't care if I listen to it.

[/quote']

Your dad has awesome music taste. My dad only listens to oldies and whatever is on the radio. :-(

My dad has similar musical taste' date=' he likes Thrash Metal and I even introduced him to Symphonic Black Metal.

My mom and step dad don't like it but they don't care if I listen to it.

[/quote']

Your dad has awesome music taste. My dad only listens to oldies and whatever is on the radio. :-(

That has to suck. All my mom and step dad listen to is sports talk radio garbage and country (some country is okay but i'm more of a bluegrass person myself).

Archived