How old is too old for childrens' card games?

Let me do the maths...

I play Magic the Gathering since I was 9

And started to play YUgioh At 13

I'm currently 19 to 20 years...

The time when I played more was when I was in the last years of High School but people at my town stopped playing it so I found this site...

Currently I play MTG only IRL.....

So no you might just be fine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me do the maths...

The time when I played more was when I was in the last years of High School but people at my town stopped playing it so I found this site...

*reveals a sad truth* I just started learning how to play MTG D: *is 18*

Let me do the maths...

*reveals a sad truth* I just started learning how to play MTG D: *is 18*

It took me ages to leran how to play it....it took me even more to learn how to build a deck since well MTG has 16 ages making cards....and that's QUITE A LOT!

I'm 17 going on 18 currently, and thought about stopping playing a couple of hours ago. I will still play though, as there will be a sneak peek at our locals this halloween(joy). I just can't wait to see how many noobs will dress up as their favorite YuGiOh characters:lol:. You're not too old to play unless you tell yourself otherwise

One of the best guys at our locals is like 40 (best as in cool guy not best player).

True dat' date=' although his son is kind of a brat.

[/quote']

Well what do you expect he is like 11 and his dad buys him whatever cards he wants. I'd be pissed off too if I spent as much as he did and lost as much as he did... well at least it proves yugioh does require some brains to play.

One of the best guys at our locals is like 40 (best as in cool guy not best player).

[/quote']

Well what do you expect he is like 11 and his dad buys him whatever cards he wants. I'd be pissed off too if I spent as much as he did and lost as much as he did... well at least it proves yugioh does require some brains to play.

I guess that you're right. And that's a nice number of reps you have there:D.

[/quote']

@Genzo: Thou hath surpassed me in reps, thou cannot be left to live. Rise my minion, Dark Armed Zombie, RISE AND INFECT THE WORLD, PLAGUE BREATH ATTACK!!!

[align=center]

[spoiler=Member Card]

luawew

"Plaguespreader Zombie" + "Dark Armed Dragon"

Once per duel' date=' when this card would be destroyed by the effect of a card controled by your opponent, it is not. You can remove from play 2 DARK Zombie-type monster from your Graveyard to send all cards on your opponent's side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per duel, you can return 2 cards from your hand to the top of the Deck to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.[/quote']

[/align]

[/quote']

@Genzo: Thou hath surpassed me in reps, thou cannot be left to live. Rise my minion, Dark Armed Zombie, RISE AND INFECT THE WORLD, PLAGUE BREATH ATTACK!!!

[align=center]

[spoiler=Member Card]

luawew

"Plaguespreader Zombie" + "Dark Armed Dragon"

Once per duel' date=' when this card would be destroyed by the effect of a card controled by your opponent, it is not. You can remove from play 2 DARK Zombie-type monster from your Graveyard to send all cards on your opponent's side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per duel, you can return 2 cards from your hand to the top of the Deck to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.[/quote']

[/align]

Where can you check out all of the member cards made?

"Children's Card Game" is kind of misleading. In Japan at least' date=' it was made to be marketed to teens (Hence, the overly violent and astonishingly bad Season 0 of the anime). When it got to North America, the distributor evidently thought that with the newly dubbed-down 4Kids version of the Anime, that it would make more sense to market it towards a younger audience.

And for some reason, it seems to be marketed to younger and younger people with each passing season... I wonder why...

Either way, it's a game of strategy. When it comes to Strategy, there really isn't an age you'll grow out of it, unless it becomes trivially easy. Considering the shifting meta and constant addition of new cards, I doubt yugioh will hit that for a long, long time.

[/quote']

They should've never let 4Kids dub down YGO. It made the game a little more...stupid.

Yugioh is NOT a children's card game. The English Yugioh anime made it seem that way.

I'm 16 and Yugioh is a big part of my life. Not just as a game, but for educational values. Yugioh teaches Math (sorta) and strategy. It keeps your mind sharp because most of the time, you'll need to rethink your strategies on the flip of a coin or roll of a die. I actually believe that part of my success in school is partly because I play Yugioh.

People need to stop being bastards to people that play Yugioh.

My opinion: People only say Yugioh is stupid or for kids because they suck at it.....or their parents never loved them enough.

Almost 18, which is about average. There are 3 people at my locals that blow my mind. 1 is an overweight 45ish woman. One is a redneck-looking (not actually a redneck) dude that is about 40. And one is an older gentlemen, prolly around 60. And they all know how to play well, and really enjoy it. So hey. To each his(or her) own.

Yugioh is NOT a children's card game. The English Yugioh anime made it seem that way.

I'm 16 and Yugioh is a big part of my life. Not just as a game' date=' but for educational values. Yugioh teaches Math (sorta) and strategy. It keeps your mind sharp because most of the time, you'll need to rethink your strategies on the flip of a coin or roll of a die. I actually believe that part of my success in school is partly because I play Yugioh.

People need to stop being b****es to people that play Yugioh.

My opinion: People only say Yugioh is stupid or for kids because they suck at it.....or their parents never loved them enough.

[/quote']

People don't tease me because I made it popular here.

it is stupid. It's aimed at kids too poor to afford it. The generic populace that even makes the sales for yugioh cards are 16+ year olds who has jobs to buy cards. There's no way in hell most parents would spend 80 to 500 dollars on a card game for their kids, unless they're playing it too.

The most recent advert I saw for the newest starter decks blew my mind. I mean, the earlier commercials certainly insulted my intelligence, but THESE ones seemed to think that "FLASH FLASH FLASH! EPILEPTIC COLORS! KIDS KIDS KIDS! BUY BUY BUY" was the most effective way to convey their message. I think they must either honestly think their primary and most profitable demographic is 9 year old kids (Sure... because nine year old kids have money to burn on an excessively expensive card/strategy game).

So you really can't blame those who think that it's a children's game, though it isn't. Therefor? the fault lies with 4Kids/Upperdeck/whoever commissions the commercials.

I'm 13 and have grown out of it.

Having a Life beats card games.

No offence.

Aww, how cute. The 13 year old seems to think that quitting a hobby automatically earns you a life. Actually, it just makes you bored; having free time doesn't necessarily mean people want to spend it with you.

I am sick and tired of people assuming that "lolyugioh, you have no life". Yeah? And I'm sure you have other hobbies/interests. Ones that you are involved in, just as much as people are into yugioh. Just because someone enjoys something remotely nerdy it doesn't equate to not having a life. Infact, that is just idiots trying to sound cool with the whole "I have a life". Life has whatever meaning YOU PERSONALLY put on it, and to yours only. Don't try and decide the meaning of other people's lives by judging it against yours. Some people are really caught up in their jobs, sports, internetz, ygo, filmmaking, or hunting. Life is however you spend it. How would you define it? "Hanging with your friends and going to the movies and getting drunk together" sounds like YOU have no life to me <______________

Archived