How old is too old for childrens' card games?

I'm sixteen and I haven't outgrown Yugioh yet. I don't watch the show or anything, but I just can't give up the cards. My dad makes fun of me all the time (in a light-hearted way). I'm thinking about going to a tournament soon, but I haven't gone to an official event since the Enemy of Justice Sneak Peek. Would I be out of place and older than most of the people there? I don't want to look creepy...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be out of place and older than most of the people there? I don't want to look creepy...

The thing is' date=' almost [i']EVERYONE[/i] at these sort of events would be your same age/possibly older.

A duelists age is un-important. Just how long he/she has ben playing the game(....and possibly bieng good at it, at the same time)

Would be out of place and older than most of the people there? I don't want to look creepy...

The thing is' date=' almost [i']EVERYONE[/i] at these sort of events would be your same age/possibly older.

A duelists age is un-important. Just how long he/she has ben playing the game(....and possibly bieng good at it, at the same time)

just don't be like the guy in my siglink. Please.

And also, i'm 18. Little kids look up to me because I won with an E-Hero Deck, and because they think "i'm wise". I only won because they were little kids. *shrug*

plz you never too old only as long and you dont mix you social life with it. because i love playing this game but, going out on friday night with mates is more of a priority, than wakking up for locals the next morning. i did try both, getting in at like half 2, and going back out at 8am, is never fun.

but i know what you mean though, theirs a couple at our locals who need to grow up. and even when peeps take it too serious (which even i used to do) i find that even childish at times, but im now more selcetive with my duels, because even though i do want fun duels. i dont want them not to be crap duelist/decks i want to need to think and have a chat, while playing.

i also find i talk more to the staff than the duelists at my locals aswell, and their is a little group of us like it.

"Children's Card Game" is kind of misleading. In Japan at least, it was made to be marketed to teens (Hence, the overly violent and astonishingly bad Season 0 of the anime). When it got to North America, the distributor evidently thought that with the newly dubbed-down 4Kids version of the Anime, that it would make more sense to market it towards a younger audience.

And for some reason, it seems to be marketed to younger and younger people with each passing season... I wonder why...

Either way, it's a game of strategy. When it comes to Strategy, there really isn't an age you'll grow out of it, unless it becomes trivially easy. Considering the shifting meta and constant addition of new cards, I doubt yugioh will hit that for a long, long time.

i'm 16, 17 in a month, but i stopped playing IRL. Just online, for fun and to try new cards, like Machiners Fortress :D

either way, i kinda think there's a bit of a limit, but it's just a strategy game associated with children.

You still see grown up people playing rated E video game and shizz, not a whole lot of difference.

im 21' date=' have a 6 months children and still playing every saturday in "the pergola", is a park

one of my friends, the older who plays this in that park has 33 xD, so no age restrictions for a children's card game

[/quote']

>im 21

>a 6 months children

Guys. I think he's legit.

I'm 22 since some weeks ago. I'm just starting playing the game now that my university mates told me where they play. I still don't have a more than a bunch of cards, but now that I have a job, my own house and car, I think I can handle spending some money in making a deck. Note: The prices of the cards are the same here than in any other country, but due to the difference of our types of money, 8 dollars are a lot more here than there.

Archived