Can you repair Trading Cards?

I search this, and didn't find squat. Well I did find soaking cards to improve their appearance and stuff. But I'm talking about repairing minor bends or corners of a card.

I got this Jinzo and I want to repair the corners of the card. I can split open the corners a bit. I'm thinking to place a tiny amount of glue (what type I don't have a clue) using a needle and then press the corners down with a book or something. I'm just worried the corners might get petrified or harden and no longer feel like a real card any more.

Anyone got some kind of knowledge of trading card repair? If even a thing exist.

Well, if a card has become "Banana'D", then heavy pressure via a few dictonarys + about 1 hour should fix that[/obveious]

But about a bent side? I'm not sure if you can fix that.

.........And how would adding water to the card improve the image? Wouldnt that ruin it?

Also, if a card corner "tears" and becomes split in 2, then I'm not sure if you can fix that. Since anything you do, might make it worse :/

And isnt this why we use card sleeves? To avoid situations like this?

If it is minor peeling (small enough that the end of a toothpick is necessary to apply glue), I would just leave it alone. Messing with it will probably make it worse. Just play with care.

If it is moderate to major, it is irreversible, no matter what you do. If you can use a Q-Tip comfortably to seal it, the card is doomed. You may as well laminate it and/or put it in a case.

Interestingly enough, I do not use sleeves, and my cards that I do not get from others are in perfect condition, including my Jinzo that has been used more often than I can remember. Exception: A Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician of mine on two separate occasions that I forgot were in my pocket when I sat down. But those were a long time ago.

it was a used jinzo, the corners were like that. i still feel like i could use a needle and dip it in glue then gently apply the needle into the opening of the edge and then put pressure. the problems is knowing if this fixes a bended corner as well.

I hate when a card starts to separate from itself (usually from a corner edge). I would throw away the card if it weren't a jinzo.

Archived