Buying damaged cards

This topic was inspired by the "Repairing Trading Cards" topic.

Personally, I think it can be usefull to buy damaged cards, because they're cheaper than mint cards, and the condition of cards doesn't affect the game, does it?

But since most of the players seem to be French and Russian people who only put mint Ulti's and Ghost's in their Deck; discuss.

and the condition of cards doesn't affect the game' date=' does it?

[/quote']

It does.

How? I use damaged cards all the time. As long as you use card sleeves you're fine.

Damaged cards in your deck during tourney time can lead to many Game losses. If anything' date=' Damaged synchros are more profitable. You cant stack an extra deck. Pay less for more I say.

[/quote']

I assume that you've missed this post.

How can damaged cards lead to game losses? But I do prefer only mint cards for my collection.

The feel different from the other cards in your deck and are considered Marked. Marked cards are forbidden from tournaments.

Marked cards refer to, and are not limited to...

Bent beat and worn cards in the Main and Side deck.

Altered Sleeves in the main or side deck.

Altered card text.

Altered name (does not include misprints, or colored in name.) It means deliberately changing the name of the card.

Altered Rarity (often you have to damage the card to do so.)

and multi color/ different manufactured sleeves. An example: Mixing White Dragon shields and White player's choice.

How can damaged cards lead to game losses? But I do prefer only mint cards for my collection.

The feel different from the other cards in your deck and are considered Marked. Marked cards are forbidden from tournaments.

Marked cards refer to' date=' and are not limited to...

Bent beat and worn cards in the Main and Side deck.

Altered Sleeves in the main or side deck.

Altered card text.

Altered name (does not include misprints, or colored in name.) It means deliberately changing the name of the card.

Altered Rarity (often you have to damage the card to do so.)

and multi color/ different manufactured sleeves. An example: Mixing White Dragon shields and White player's choice.

[/quote']

Oh. Proof of how little I know of competitive YGO.

No one's ever complained about me using really really old cards...My LJM's sides feel soft...

This may be because your in an environment where nobody cares' date=' but best believe there are rule sharks out there who would try and get you penalized at every instant at a regional or Jump, or nats.

[/quote']

That's because I suck and therefore am not good enough to even get at schonen or nats.

I hate using even slightly damaged cards' date=' it just really bugs me. I take a lot of pride in my collection and won't trade for or buy anything worse than Near-Mint.

[/quote']

agreed

damage cards due affect gameplay, its not allowed in tournaments if a card is so damaged that its distinguishable by touch. meaning the moment a damage card you played manay time before reaches the top of the deck, you will know exactly what card it is based on the feel of it. This can be an unfair advantage.

My friend uses a Jinzo with a big scar crossing it in tournaments and no one complains as long as it's used inside a sleeve. Is good that no one complains about that because I can use my damaged Coelacanth (It was my first ultra! and I recently noticed the scar! I am sad!) that I will be unable to trade/sell for it's original value even if it's the only one in the country.

Archived