Discussion: Black Whirlwind

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"DERP!! BREAKER AND HEAVY AND MST AND DUST TORNADO AND FAIRY WIND AND DASHER AND DANCER AND PRANCER AND VIXEN AND DONNER AND CUPID AND COMET AND BLITZEN!!"

=/

AND YET YOU DON'T SEEM TO RECALL THE MOST FAMOUS REIGNDEER OF ALL.

RUDOLPH IS FORBIDDEN IN YUGIMANZ BECAUSE HE'S SONG PROMOTES BULLYING HUHUHUHUHUH

Whirlwind is perfectly balanced. We have MST' date=' Dust, Bottomless, Thunderking, Trap Hole, book of moon, Mind Crush, etc... to combat it.

[/quote']

"DERP!! BREAKER AND HEAVY AND MST AND DUST TORNADO AND FAIRY WIND AND DASHER AND DANCER AND PRANCER AND VIXEN AND DONNER AND CUPID AND COMET AND BLITZEN!!"

Just because a card can be countered doesn't mean it should be unlimited.

Since I don't think your joking and i think you missed it.

I agree (0). This is better then most draw engines' date=' and comes without a cost like most of them do.

On a side note, Gale should stay at 1, even though there aren't any good level 7 tuners.

[/quote']

You mean Synchros?

If that is the case, then you forgot about Black Rose Dragon, and Blackwing Armor Master. >___>

Whirlwind is perfectly balanced. We have MST' date=' Dust, Bottomless, Thunderking, Trap Hole, book of moon, Mind Crush, etc... to combat it.

[/quote']

This.

*starts to wonder if Fraz is a Konami made Yes man/ Spy sent to YCM to see what we're doing*

True' date=' but since MST and Heavy are limited, Magic Drain is hardly run, Dust would be already destroyed, and the rest easily countered, we'll be needing it to be limited or banned.

[/quote']

Fraz is pretty smart.

This card is perfectly fine at 1.

It is a needed evil, to be honest. Without Black Whirlwind, the whole Blackwing archetype can barely function. Allowing searching with a normal summon is perfectly fine, considering the numerous outs there are.

Before you go saying "omg ur a nub, counters don't matter, this is still broken" listen to my reasoning.

A deck contains at least 40 cards. Each deck has a certain plan, utilizing each card in the deck. Lets say, 30-35 cards are used to make the deck function properly. This allows a player 5-10 cards to use to stop other decks. Depending on what the deck fears, those 5-10 cards will help the deck stop the other decks.

On another layer, each deck will have to prepare to counter the other cards other decks will use. This is crucial, because a skilled player will use each one of the 40 slots to maximize the strength of his/her deck, while minimizing the damage other decks can do or his/her weaknesses.

Hmmmm.

1) Your logic makes sense, I had many decks with 1 single card as the main focus. I'm now (puts on riot gear) seeing Whirlwind as a sort of Toon World or a Boss Rush for BW. Toon world is critical for Toons to stay alive, while Boss Rush allows swarming powers. I know this because I had a Toon deck and a Boss Rush deck.

2) So your saying Fraz is a basically a human supercomputer?

Alright ~Fraz~. If that's your real serial code.

Is that why you always stand up for meta?

*pulls out chaff grenade*

Now ~Fraz~, we can have a intelligent conversation, or we can have me using this nade to knock you out, then find out what makes you tick.

On Topic: So, Black Whirlwind is still kinda OPed. But if it's at one, it'll be okay.

I have this card in spanish. The name is not the same that appears in Wikia. Reminds me when I saw there a name that can be translated as "Shinato' date=' King of a Higher Airplane".

I think 1 is enough for this card.

[/quote']

I would love a Spanish Black Whirlwind. Limited is definitely the proper place for this card.

It is a needed evil' date=' to be honest. Without Black Whirlwind, the whole Blackwing archetype can barely function. Allowing searching with a normal summon is perfectly fine, considering the numerous outs there are.

[/quote']

Blackwings can do fine with out this. And if they can't so be it. If a deck can only be good because of a broken card, does that mean we keep the broken card around just to save the deck? The very simple answer is no.

A deck contains at least 40 cards. Each deck has a certain plan' date=' utilizing each card in the deck. Lets say, 30-35 cards are used to make the deck function properly. This allows a player 5-10 cards to use to stop other decks. Depending on what the deck fears, those 5-10 cards will help the deck stop the other decks.

On another layer, each deck will have to prepare to counter the other cards other decks will use. This is crucial, because a skilled player will use each one of the 40 slots to maximize the strength of his/her deck, while minimizing the damage other decks can do or his/her weaknesses.

[/quote']

Assuming the max number of cards you can add you still only have 25% chance at drawing them at the very start. And even by the time you have 30 cards left you'll only have a 33% chance, which still isn't good. And this is assuming the max. If anything, in a good format, the average deck will run about 5-7 cards to remove spells and traps. So, assuming this number, even by the time you have 20 cards left to draw from, you only have a 25%-35% chance of drawing something to get rid of this. And if you can't remove it you are very likely to loss.

Guest PikaPerson01

It's not meta I'm stnding up for' date=' it's archetype.[/quote']

So when the Chaos Deck of years past was winning tournaments, you'd standby and allow the Envoys to wreck games?

It's not meta I'm stnding up for' date=' it's archetype.[/quote']

Absurd. If a card or deck is a problem or bad for the game, then it shouldn't remain just because it supports an archetype. Better one archetype lose a helpful card than the game be destroyed.

I agree with that. Why should only 1 archtype prevail and ruin the game, forcing people to run only 1 archtype just to win?

Archived