Dark Hole

It's banned mainly because it doesn't have a cost or requirement and it's just a basic duelist's way of getting out of things. Amateurs could use this card

Amateurs can use smashing ground.

There are many different point of wiew to this. If you think monsters are equal to spells and traps and that you should be able to win without monsters with cards like wave-motion cannon and final countdown or even destiny board someone could argue that this could be legal in limited amount (let's say 1 like heavy storm) since if you lose more than one card with this it's because you are willing to. The only problem is that you can attack the turn you use this, so any deck running monsters could use this to inflict easy damage. Something I'd be willing to put at 3 for mass monster removal would be : "Destroy all monster and you can't declare an attack this turn."

MTG has wrath of god but you can't cast it before having access to 4 mana and with summoning sickness even if you can cast a creature after playing it you need the ability haste to attack.

should stay banned. Heavy storm punished overextension and makes players thinks and plan

moves, according to "will I be dvastated if they played storm? stick with 1 set?" etc

this is just OP, doesn't encourage risks or cautious playing. It's just "blow up all monsters",

ridding yourself of problems and maybe making some combos w/ your own monsters

(i dunno what, Yubel?) anyway, I know it won't be back.

There are many different point of wiew to this. If you think monsters are equal to spells and traps and that you should be able to win without monsters with cards like wave-motion cannon and final countdown or even destiny board someone could argue that this could be legal in limited amount (let's say 1 like heavy storm) since if you lose more than one card with this it's because you are willing to.

That just leads to "Run finalcountdown.dek or lose!" becoming the standard' date=' which is ludicrous.

Not to mention that if you think monsters are equal to spells and traps then you should think again.

MTG has wrath of god but you can't cast it before having access to 4 mana and with summoning sickness even if you can cast a creature after playing it you need the ability haste to attack.

Not to mention that Wrath of God requires, what, two of the mana to be White? That makes it impossible to just splash into every deck under the sun.

Not to mention that Wrath of God requires' date=' what, two of the mana to be White? That makes it impossible to just splash into every deck under the sun.

[/quote']

Damnation. Chances are, you can splash Black if White's stupid to splash in.

Anyways, Dark Hole just ruins everything. It's on roughly equal level to Raigeki, I think.

Archived