NO MORE ASKING, NO MORE BS

SushiTheLegend

Haha' date=' this point was so pathetic. Going into the Admin CP requires little to no work at all, and it is barely different to standard moderating to someone like me. Don't try to bs.

[/quote']

Way to be an a******. You've not been in the YCM ACP. And it requires a lot of menial clicking, preventing one from multitasking. Nor does it allow me to view the board while in the ACP in the same window, as so many good forums let you.

Eh, I'm fairly sure SAW and YCM have the same or at least a very similar ACP being MyBB-based, but w/e it's not an area of much background knowledge for me so I'll stay out. ^_^

They're exactly the same, except very minor differences from installed Plugins. Icy doesn't like doing it because it involves focusing on one thing, which is changing the name, rather then focusing on a number of things at once like he normally does.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the point of this thread was aimed more at randomly PMing a Moderator who can't even do it.

@ Primal: I've had for at least a month a message in my signature that said I can't. And I'm not sick of it per say, it's everyone else although it does annoy me. And why can people not get off thier ass and just look at the forum team, or better yet pick a name they will stick with?

I agree with this threat, but I also disagree.

I say there should be a place in the rules or something that allows members to see who the Supers are, and no, the link at the bottom of the Forum doesn't count because most people don't even look at them. I'm not speaking for the members who have been here for a while and they know, I'm talking about the newer members.

Sushi I think personally, that you should just reply, Sorry I can't do that, you have to Pm a Super. Then give them a Super's name.

But i understand that it can get annoy some but that's all in the job of moderating is it not?

I think members should be 2starred members or higher to change their name (unless thats not already in effect) and I think we should reopen the name change thread but maybe 3 super mods could watch over it and approve and disapprove names(this is only a suggestion so it dosnt have to take effect)

Actually the point of this thread was aimed more at randomly PMing a Moderator who can't even do it.

@ Primal: I've had for at least a month a message in my signature that said I can't. And I'm not sick of it per say' date=' it's everyone else although it does annoy me. And why can people not get off thier ass and just look at the forum team, or better yet pick a name they will stick with?

[/quote']

The forum team does not tell you that a Super-mod or an admin are the only ones that can change names. Their for telling a member to look their is useless unless they have all the information needed on the subject. This is why I stated their should be a rule or at least bring back the name change thread. I do agree that people should pick a name they wanna stick with but sometimes you like a change or are just sick of the name. My first one was something I used constantly on every forum so it got old quick, my second one is a Name that I use to roleplay with so I use it constantly and its hard to distinguish when in a rp someone was talking to me or about my character. So I decided to switch it to this one. Not to mention you yourself change your name a lot. Think about it why do you change your name? With that answer you should be able to see why people want name changes, just open the Name Change Thread and be done with the fighting over it.

@Muluck: I'm afraid you misunderstood the purpose of this thread. xD

No' date=' I don't think I did.

This Moderator is clearly upset that members keep Private Messaging him for name changes, when in fact he has no power to give them out. But like I stated in my post it is not against the rules for a member to Private Message a Moderator to ask a question about the Forum.

If it is hard work to open and close a Private Message then maybe the Moderator should find a solace in a different line of work?

The fact remains that people continue to Private Message the wrong Moderator in everyday situations because the members aren't clearly informed of which Moderator goes where, and what their powers are.

The only viable way to fix this Moderators problem, is to fix the problem with clarification.

[/quote']

You are saying that the mods are to lazy?

I say that everyone who has there name changed at least every few months is fickle anyways.

I really think that you should only be allowed 3 name changes per year. Maybe five.

Yeah' date=' I agree. However, the current only active Super's are Umbra and Crab Helmet. Browarod is much to busy with work and college, Icy is "done with YCM" and no-one else can change names.

[/quote']

Then there should be more supers (like normal mods who have earned it) and the name change every 3 months should be put back into place. That might help

@Muluck: I'm afraid you misunderstood the purpose of this thread. xD

No' date=' I don't think I did.

This Moderator is clearly upset that members keep Private Messaging him for name changes, when in fact he has no power to give them out. But like I stated in my post it is not against the rules for a member to Private Message a Moderator to ask a question about the Forum.

If it is hard work to open and close a Private Message then maybe the Moderator should find a solace in a different line of work?

The fact remains that people continue to Private Message the wrong Moderator in everyday situations because the members aren't clearly informed of which Moderator goes where, and what their powers are.

The only viable way to fix this Moderators problem, is to fix the problem with clarification.

[/quote']

You are saying that the mods are to lazy?

I say that everyone who has there name changed at least every few months is fickle anyways.

I really think that you should only be allowed 3 name changes per year. Maybe five.

I read through my post several times, and each time I have deduced the meaning of my post down to:

"Make the clarification of who has power more representable to the members."

You seem to think this topic is about the name change system, when it is clear that the author of this thread is complaining about being mis-represented as a Super Moderator, someone who has power to change names.

Well no not really' date=' because you shouldn't really need to change your name. I know I change my name a lot but still.

[/quote']

This post says it all. What Moderator would that selfish? This clearly has to be about the unjust verification of his power.

*skims topic*

Well no not really' date=' because you shouldn't really need to change your name. I know I change my name a lot but still.

[/quote']

This post says it all. What Moderator would that selfish? This clearly has to be about the unjust verification of his power.

Sushi isn't a Super Mod. He changes his name by requesting name changes, not by changing it himself. It can't be any sort of unjust - verification? Is "verification" really the word you were looking for here? That really does not make any sense in context. Anyhow, it can;t be any sort of abuse of power because Sushi doesn't have any relevant powers to abuse. Accusing Sushi of verifying abusing powers through name-changes is like accusing a secretary at city hall of abusing his power to arrest people - it doesn't make any sense.

But Sushi can change his own name. Or at least' date=' he used to be able to when he used to change it like once a week. =P

[/quote']

Eh, he can? He's not a Super, so how does that work?

*skims topic*

[/quote']

Sushi isn't a Super Mod. He changes his name by requesting name changes, not by changing it himself. It can't be any sort of unjust - verification? Is "verification" really the word you were looking for here? That really does not make any sense in context. Anyhow, it can;t be any sort of abuse of power because Sushi doesn't have any relevant powers to abuse. Accusing Sushi of verifying abusing powers through name-changes is like accusing a secretary at city hall of abusing his power to arrest people - it doesn't make any sense.

Everyone seems to be interpreting my statements the wrong way, with or without sarcasm.

What I was saying, again, was that Sushi is mad that members keep Private Messaging him thinking he has the power to change other peoples names.

The bit about "unjust verification" was to be sarcastic and make no sense, because I cannot put it in a better explanation than my post prior to that, so I gave up and decided to throw out some half constructed thought.

But Sushi can change his own name. Or at least' date=' he used to be able to when he used to change it like once a week. =P

[/quote']

User CP > Change Username.

... >_>

Ah, Locals can change their own names but nobody else's?

At any rate, it hardly matters. Sushi has the power to change his own name but nobody else's, so there's no reason for him to not change his own name just because he can't change anybody else's, in the same way that it's fine for me to eat chicken if I can't give chicken to anyone else (note to self: make less terrible analogies).

Note also that changing his own name does not inconvenience anyone else in any way, so there is no additional cost to anyone else of Sushi changing his name. The same is not true of those who cannot change their own names because they need someone else to do it for them; hence, the name change ceases to be free.

[/quote']

User CP > Change Username.

... >_>

Ah, Locals can change their own names but nobody else's?

At any rate, it hardly matters. Sushi has the power to change his own name but nobody else's, so there's no reason for him to not change his own name just because he can't change anybody else's, in the same way that it's fine for me to eat chicken if I can't give chicken to anyone else (note to self: make less terrible analogies).

Note also that changing his own name does not inconvenience anyone else in any way, so there is no additional cost to anyone else of Sushi changing his name. The same is not true of those who cannot change their own names because they need someone else to do it for them; hence, the name change ceases to be free.

I can understand putting a damper on how often a name can be changed, but to charge people for it? You can't possibly be charging for man labor, a couple clicks and your done. In fact what I really think your charging for, is the fact that you want to force people in thinking the way you do. Maybe for the fact that you think name changes are stupid, or for the fact that you actually have to do something every now and then.

Note: I used the term "you" in generalization, because what it really all comes down to is having someone willing to do name changes during the allotted time. Which is why I am assuming the name change thread is closed, because everyone is too lazy.

Archived