Ragnus Card Discussion of the Week - Defense Draw

What're your opinions on Defense Draw?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What're your opinions on Defense Draw?

• This is an excellent Card.
    • A definate must for some decks.
    • The cards good, but it's not one that i'll use.
    • I haven't decided yet.
    • I don't think the card's that good.

This weeks card discussion is Defense Draw;

Name: Defense Draw

Type: Normal Trap

Effect: Activate only during damage calculation on your opponents turn. The battle damage you would recieve becomes 0. Draw 1 card.

Personal Opinion: I find this card to be pretty useful for just about any deck. While it doesn't prevent your monster from being destroyed, it does bring damage from that attack to 0, and it lets you draw 1 card afterwards. Making it pretty handy against direct attacks.

Up Side(s):

1. Brings damage to 0.

2. Lets you draw 1 card.

Down side(s):

1. Doesn't prevent monsters from being destroyed.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this card to be pretty useful for just about any deck.

UR DOIN IT WRONG!

As far as "Draw 1" cards go' date=' its a situational one.

It would have ben lulzy if the effect was something like:

Select 1 monster you control. During this turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle, and all battle damage to your lifepoints from battles involving that monster is 0. Draw 1 card.

Select 1 monster you control. During this turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle, and all battle damage to your lifepoints from battles involving that monster is 0. Draw 1 card.

Konami should hire Armz instead of Crab for making cards.

Technicly, Crab is better at it then I am >____>

Yesh, that's true.....

Ragnus, we already discussed why having a "RAGNUS'S OWN SPECIAL RAGNUS CARD DISCUSSION OF RAGNUS'S WEEK MADE BY RAGNUS ALSO MY NAME IS RAGNUS" topic was stupid last time you pulled this nonsense.

Do you remember that PM you sent me whining about how you're a 20-year-old guy with no friends who came to YCM in the hopes of finding friends and wants to know why everyone hates your topics and decks and whatnot? (Note to onlookers: I wish I was making that up.) I'll tell you the reason, or rather the two reasons: you don't THINK, and you don't LISTEN. (And you don't LISTEN because you don't want to THINK, and you don't THINK because then you'd have to LISTEN.)

The entire TCG section consists of virtually nothing but card discussion topics. So why, Ragnus, why would you think that a card-of-the-week discussion would have any meaning whatsoever when we already discuss many cards every week? What could possibly possess you to come to such an unbelievably idiotic conclusion? Here's why: you didn't THINK.

And what's this nonsense about naming the topic after yourself? Did you honestly think that that would make you look like anything other than an attention-seeking moron? No. No, you didn't THINK at all.

But this is nothing new. This happened last week, as well. And when it happened last week, we locked your stupid topic and explained to you in great detail why your topic was stupid and why you should never do it again. And then what happened? Now, a week later, you have come back and done exactly the same thing again. Why!? You saw that last time you tried this nonsense ended in your topic being locked. It was explained to you perfectly explicitly why you should never pull this nonsense again. But here you are, doing this again. Why? Because you don't THINK.

But you didn't even need to THINK here, since everything was explained to you so clearly that all necessary THINKing was done for you. So what went wrong? You didn't LISTEN either. You heard something you didn't like, so you squeezed your bloody eyes shut and pretended that not paying attention would make it go away. Most people have figured out that that doesn't work by the time they're five years old. You're twenty and still haven't gotten there.

The same is true with everything you do on this site. When you asked me why everyone thought you were such an idiot when you posted decks and such, I took a look through the deck topics you made to see what was going on - particularly that spellcaster/machine hybrid series of decks you made. In that series of topics, there was indeed the nonconstructive criticism that is omnipresent in Your Deck, but there was also plenty of constructive criticism as well.

You ignored all of it. Every last piece of it. If you bothered to give it a response, that response was invariably something along the lines of "you're entitled to your opinion but I'm ignoring it derp derp". You don't LISTEN. You never LISTEN. And then you made approximately five topics about what was essentially the same deck that ignored all of the criticism that was given, because you don't LISTEN. Why would you post the same deck five times when everyone says it's terrible and you're not going to LISTEN to the advice they give? What's the point of that? There is none. You don't realize that because you don't THINK.

Oh, but it doesn't end there. Your complete explanation of the logic behind everything was that you had faith in your deck. Seriously? I'll allow faith for things like the afterlife and whatnot, but this is nothing metaphysical; this is a card game marketed toward children. Having some sort of nonsensical "faith" in this scenario is utter nonsense, but it is much more than that: it is a complete embodiment of your refusal to THINK or LISTEN. Why bother to actually THINK when making a deck when you can always just pray to the god of printed cardboard or whatever else your faith entails? Why bother to actually LISTEN to any sort of advice when you can just shut your eyes and pretend that your thoughts will magically make everything perfect?

In the end, this is why everything you do is terrible. You are too lazy to THINK about anything and too self-centered to LISTEN to anyone else, so in the end you spend your time stumbling blindly around in a pool of your own stupidity because you think that sticking your fingers in your ears and believing really hard will make everything perfect. This isn't just why you're such a fool on YCM, either. This is why, in real life as well, you're a twenty-year-old man who has no friends and is so pathetic that he turns to a children's card game forum to try to find solidarity. I can guarantee that your problem there, too, is that you never bother to THINK about what you're doing and refuse to even LISTEN when people try to talk to you, so in the end you isolate yourself and make everyone refuse to associate with someone as utterly pathetic as yourself.

Here's your choice: start to actually use your brain and take your fingers out of your ears. Alternately, die blind, clueless, and alone. I don't particularly care which option you choose, but sooner or later you are going to need to pick one or the other.

I dunno, card making isn't really my thing.

How about this: you make the cards, and I make the banlists?

Alternate solution: Have Atem do everything.

I don't really know the guy that posted this topic, but Crab's post was very entertaining.

I want to see the outcome of this when Ragnus logs in xD

OT:

Scatching that "card of the week" stuff, we are discussing Defense Draw.

-Doesn't even negate the attack correctly.

-You want to negate damage? Waboku does it better, for all the turn and protects monsters. Also, Threatening does it better than Waboku.

-If you want to draw, Jar of Greed wants to say hi, and that's sad.

If you have enough situations were you are able to use this despite its un-chainability, use Mirror Force, or anything that represent a slight threat to the opponent instead.

I don't really know the guy that posted this topic' date=' but Crab's post was very entertaining.

I want to see the outcome of this when Ragnus logs in xD

OT:

Scatching that "card of the week" stuff, we are discussing Defense Draw.

-Doesn't even negate the attack correctly.

-You want to negate damage? Waboku does it better, for all the turn and protects monsters. Also, Threatening does it better than Waboku.

-If you want to draw, Jar of Greed wants to say hi, and that's sad.

If you have enough situations were you are able to use this despite its un-chainability, use Mirror Force, or anything that represent a slight threat to the opponent instead.

[/quote']

This.

*hugz Sleepy*

Glad to see everyone has their own opinion.

And if it'll make you guys feel better, then perhaps I should just leave. It's clearly obvious that no one here likes me, the topics I start, or any of the other conversations I have with the people on these forums. Even my Parents give me better respect than this. (And trust me, the respect they give me is pathetic.)

But so be it, if you guys don't believe that I "listen" or "Think" anything appropriate to this website, then fine i'll just leave. Only a handful of people on these forums give me respect anyways. So consider this to be my second to last post.

I hope you all live good lives and have fun making good decks.

Glad to see everyone has their own opinion.

And if it'll make you guys feel better' date=' then perhaps I should just leave. It's clearly obvious that no one here likes me, the topics I start, or any of the other conversations I have with the people on these forums. Even my Parents give me better respect than this. (And trust me, the respect they give me is pathetic.)

But so be it, if you guys don't believe that I "listen" or "Think" anything appropriate to this website, then fine i'll just leave. Only a handful of people on these forums give me respect anyways. So consider this to be my second to last post.

I hope you all live good lives and have fun making good decks.

[/quote']

Of course, of course. Having been presented with a problem, your first instinct is to whine about how everyone hates you and to run away. That's because that's the "solution" that requires neither thought than listening. As expected of Ragnus.

Threatening does it better than Waboku.

No.

You're saying that with Gladiator Beasts in mind' date=' aren't you, Manjoume?

Please give more elaborate reasoning.

[/quote']

Waboku is more versatile. It's only weakness is the GB deck, but who plays them?

To what I see, both of them are chainable cards that pretty much stall for 1 turn.

Waboku protects your monsters without negating attacks

Threatening prevents you from even receiving attacks.

For what I see, they are about the same except for the little downside that Waboku leaves the doors open for GBs. Who runs them? Even if almost no1 anymore, there's that one situation were Waboku looses to threatening roar. I don't see any situation were Threatening looses to Waboku if used in any case in a non-GB Deck.

Or what am I missing?...... :?

Archived