Ragnus Card Discussion of the Week - Defense Draw

What're your opinions on Defense Draw?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What're your opinions on Defense Draw?

• This is an excellent Card.
    • A definate must for some decks.
    • The cards good, but it's not one that i'll use.
    • I haven't decided yet.
    • I don't think the card's that good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threatening does it better than Waboku.

No.

You're saying that with Gladiator Beasts in mind' date=' aren't you, Manjoume?

Please give more elaborate reasoning.

[/quote']

Waboku is more versatile. It's only weakness is the GB deck, but who plays them?

To what I see, both of them are chainable cards that pretty much stall for 1 turn.

Waboku protects your monsters without negating attacks

Threatening prevents you from even receiving attacks.

For what I see, they are about the same except for the little downside that Waboku leaves the doors open for GBs. Who runs them? Even if almost no1 anymore, there's that one situation were Waboku looses to threatening roar. I don't see any situation were Threatening looses to Waboku if used in any case in a non-GB Deck.

Or what am I missing?...... :?

Zanji and Irou would like to say hi.

Also Ragnus, I was hated on this one forum before, I changed and adapted then they liked me. Do that and you'll get alot moar friends. Trust me. Leaving will not solve your problem.

Threatening does it better than Waboku.

No.

You're saying that with Gladiator Beasts in mind' date=' aren't you, Manjoume?

Please give more elaborate reasoning.

[/quote']

Waboku is more versatile. It's only weakness is the GB deck, but who plays them?

To what I see, both of them are chainable cards that pretty much stall for 1 turn.

Waboku protects your monsters without negating attacks

Threatening prevents you from even receiving attacks.

For what I see, they are about the same except for the little downside that Waboku leaves the doors open for GBs. Who runs them? Even if almost no1 anymore, there's that one situation were Waboku looses to threatening roar. I don't see any situation were Threatening looses to Waboku if used in any case in a non-GB Deck.

Or what am I missing?...... :?

Zanji and Irou would like to say hi.

Also Ragnus, I was hated on this one forum before, I changed and adapted then they liked me. Do that and you'll get alot moar friends. Trust me. Leaving will not solve your problem.

I guess that's an option but I don't think too highly of Six Samurais. At the level of GB more or less, I know only 1 person with Six Samurais around at school, and no GBs at all. Is there something else?

Is there something else?

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke' date=' all 3 Mystic Swordsmen, Sasuke Samurai (one of them, I forget which), Drillroid and several other monsters - we haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

[/quote']

Here's the thing; no one runs these cards(Save for me since I'm going to have to make a Mystic Swordsman deck sooner or later :)). Waboku stops the meta better than Threatening Roar does, so it will be ran over Threatening Roar.

Is there something else?

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke' date=' all 3 Mystic Swordsmen, Sasuke Samurai (one of them, I forget which), Drillroid and several other monsters - we haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

[/quote']

Here's the thing; no one runs these cards(Save for me since I'm going to have to make a Mystic Swordsman deck sooner or later :)). Waboku stops the meta better than Threatening Roar does, so it will be ran over Threatening Roar.

You never know what kind of wierd deck the opponent may be running.

Anyways, Waboku cannot prevent Honest or Kalut unless you activate it before the battle, so it ties with T-Roar in regards to the meta as well (in all other aspects, they're EXACTLY the same).

So, T-Roar seems to be better than Waboku because random stuff like what I listed exist.

Guest PikaPerson01

EDIT:

theed123:

How does it stop the meta more than Threatening?

Meta = LS + BW.

The thought process is that if you're facing a horrible duelist who decides to make it obvious they're holding Honest or Kalut in hand (IE, attacking your Stardust Dragon with whatever random monster with less attack) triggering Waboku makes them "waste" a card, either the card they've attacked with or the Honest/Kalut to keep their monster alive, in which case they're just sitting prey for your next turn.

Facepalms self* why am I arguing xD

all those just back up my statement.

Threatening > Waboku

EDIT:

theed123:

How does it stop the meta more than Threatening?

Because you can waste an opponent's Honest/Blackwing version of Honest(cannot think of the name at this time) when he/she attacks with a monster with a lower ATK then your monster. If he/she wastes an Honest to keep their monster alive, yay. If they don't, and allows the attacking monster to be destroyed, your opponent has just signaled they have Honest in their hand. Yay.

Crab is AWESOME because he doen't PITY. He doesn't PITY because he's too AWESOME to PITY. Even though Crab's AWESOME rant was AWESOME because he didn't PITY the fool, I kinda PITY Ragnus.

BOLD CAPS FOR BOOMING LOUD EMPHASIS are AWESOME!

OT: I run both Waboku and Threatening. Isn't that AWESOME? I PITY everyone who doesn't.

I use it in Glads. They attack' date=' I activate Waboku, then activate this during damage calculation. I draw a card and tag out.

[/quote']

Unless I'm forgetting some card used in Gladiator Beasts that only activates when it is drawn during the Damage Step - and I am fairly sure that such a card does not exist - that scenario makes this card unilaterally inferior to Legacy of Yata-Garasu.

So consider this to be my second to last post.

I wonder what his actual last post was...

It was an "I'M LEAVING 4EVA" thread in the General forum... which was promptly locked because those aren't allowed and there's a thread designed for annoying departures and returns. In other words, Ragnus's last post was perfectly in-character for Ragnus.

It was an "I'M LEAVING 4EVA" thread in the General forum... which was promptly locked because those aren't allowed and there's a thread designed for annoying departures and returns. In other words' date=' Ragnus's last post was perfectly in-character for Ragnus.

[/quote']

Retard, he should have stayed and changed his ways. That's what I did on another forum I was on.

It was an "I'M LEAVING 4EVA" thread in the General forum... which was promptly locked because those aren't allowed and there's a thread designed for annoying departures and returns. In other words' date=' Ragnus's last post was perfectly in-character for Ragnus.

[/quote']

Retard, he should have stayed and changed his ways. That's what I did on another forum I was on.

And I have to admit you're greatly improving on this one.

Also; Waboku > Roar when it comes to Gorz.

But in general, I consider them to be equal.

I see use in some wierd exodia deck' date=' for draw power but Upstart kinda does Drawing better...

[/quote']

Dunno...Exodia?

*gets shot*

Anyways... does anyone think there might be a possibility that the guy that did this thread comes back? I mean, I don't know that person, not even have talked once with him. But people doing "good bye" threads after feeling bad for leaving usually either come back eventually or just stay offline and keep coming.

Looking at how 1/2 the comments were about the "Waboku vs Threatening Roar" argument and the other 1/4 was about personal issues of the starter of the thread, I wouldn't say there is much more to discuss about the actual card =/

Archived