[DISC] Royal Oppression

*If you are stupid and don't know the effect, use google. kthnxbye*

This is probably the best card this format. It's in almost every good side deck and a lot of decks try to main it. I actually think that Konami will use their "restrict good cards that are used in a lot of decks DERP!* lolgic and Limit/Semi this card :D

Discuss.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banning it is part of fixing the game. Just because certain cards involving Special Summoning are criminal offenders doesn't mean Special Summoning necessarily has to be a criminal offense.

The rotten apple does spoil the whole bunch. It's sad and bad for the game, but until we have an alternate answer to stopping cards like JD, or until the cards are banned altogether, it shouldn't be touched. Although with Starlight coming, I suppose this could be at least limited...

Banning it is part of fixing the game. Just because certain cards involving Special Summoning are criminal offenders doesn't mean Special Summoning necessarily has to be a criminal offense.

The rotten apple does spoil the whole bunch. It's sad and bad for the game' date=' but until we have an alternate answer to stopping cards like JD, or until the cards are banned altogether, it shouldn't be touched. Although with Starlight coming, I suppose this could be at least limited...

[/quote']

ITT: You don't make decisions based on a "good" banlist.

Guest PikaPerson01

Slows down bannible cards = this should be banned so your meta deck can dominate withour fear?

If you think it's banworthy' date=' GTFO. [/quote']

When mentioning a card is banworthy, it implies many other cards are also worthy of being banned.

Slows down bannible cards = this should be banned so your meta deck can dominate withour fear?

If you think it's banworthy' date=' GTFO. [/quote']

When mentioning a card is banworthy, it implies many other cards are also worthy of being banned.

Yeah, so if those cards were banned doesn't mean this card should be banned, for this card is only good against good/banworthy cards mainly.

But I don't see them doing anything to this, and if they did, it seems very little.

@Polaris: You said banworthy. I say at the most, a semi. I don't see the broken side of this card. Its just mainly anti-meta material.

Every card that Special Summons is banworthy' date=' a card cannot possibly be designed to involve Special Summoning in any way without being banworthy.

[/quote']

That's what you're saying. Just because many broken cards happen to Special Summon doesn't mean that anything involving Special Summoning should be burned at the stake.

Banworthy.

No.

Yes.

/thread

...Really?

So in your eyes' date=' 'a card that stops other banworthy cards should be banned?' l'm not understanding =/ [/quote']

Its offense is generating vast amounts of advantage and/or "oppression" against Decks which rely on Special Summoning when Special Summoning doesn't necessarily have to be an offense. Basically, BURN THE TYPE KILLER.

/thread

So in your eyes' date=' 'a card that stops other banworthy cards should be banned?' l'm not understanding =/

[/quote']

Banworthy cards should be banned. This card stops not only banworthy cards but all Special Summons in general.

Toons are stopped by this card and I don't see them banworthy xD

EXAMPLE: Why is Imperial Order banned?

So in your eyes' date=' 'a card that stops other banworthy cards should be banned?' l'm not understanding =/

[/quote']

No, that's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that Royal Oppression is banworthy on its own, and that the fact that it is the best counter to Judgment Dragoon and Dark Armed Dragon and whatever other banworthy cards Konami decides to release is irrelevant because they should be banned as well, making the job of countering them irrelevant.

Ah' date=' okay.

But even still, oppression isn't exactly one-sided, and can severely cripple the user too. Plus, that essentially means it's harder to splash this card in anything not based around it. And with all the removal nowadays, it's easy for your opponent to cycle through your oppresions without any harm done.

[/quote']

Not saying I agree that Oppression should be at 0... just explaining his argument. And the result is that you have replaced the invalid argument "we need it to counter JD" with valid arguments concerning its drawbacks, which makes the discussion much better.

Ah' date=' okay.

But even still, oppression isn't exactly one-sided, and can severely cripple the user too. Plus, that essentially means it's harder to splash this card in anything not based around it.

[/quote']

Just because a card doesn't happen to be all that splashable doesn't mean it's balanced. Look at Judgment Dragon. If it would severely cripple the user, obviously it wouldn't be run. >_>

Archived