[Broken Card X] should not be banned because...

1) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it is the best counter to [Broken Card J].

2) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because [Decktype L] is too weak without it.

3) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it has a high monetary cost.

4) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it can be countered by [Card S].

5) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it is my favourite card.

6) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it is not as broken as [Legal Broken Card D].

7) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it is not as broken as [Banned Card C].

8) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it will not be drawn very often if it is Limited.

9) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because both players can run it.

10) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because if you ban it then you may as well ban everything until [Terrible Card T] becomes the meta and then the game will suck and you've ruined everything.

11) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it isn't banned now, and Konami is always right.

12) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because it isn't banned now, so stop whining.

13) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because you only want it banned because you lost to it.

Gentlemen, these counterarguments are all awful. Stop using them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logic is easily the best one[/sarcasm]

I've seen it used a frankly disturbing number of times. I think the most recent might have been VK talking about Yata or Chaos or JD or DAD or some other nonsense.

Also' date=' the "[i']L[/i]" in "[Decktype L]" most definitely does not stand for anything in particular. Nope. In fact, none of the letters do.

Oh. I asumed it meant Lightsworn and [Card S] meant Solemn Judgment....

NOPE NOPE ALL THE LETTERS WERE TOTALLY RANDOM

TOTALLY

It's valid regardless of what card/deck/whatever you substitute for the variable. The letters were certainly not chosen based on the most obvious value of that variable, and I am appalled that you are even suggesting that I would do that.

I understand the concept, but the game has to be balanced. Whenever Konami creates a broken card and refuses to ban it(for whatever reason they may have), a counterpart has to be made that takes care of the problem, or the game would be out of balance. Granted, the most obvious solution would be to ban the broken card in question, not create another broken card to counter it. But broken cards cannot be left unchecked; it would make the game almost unbearable.

Also' date=' the "[i']L[/i]" in "[Decktype L]" most definitely does not stand for anything in particular. Nope. In fact, none of the letters do.

*facepalm* Yes, but it was suppose to be implyed though I'm not sure what [Terrible Card T] means...

I understand the concept' date=' but the game has to be balanced. Whenever Konami creates a broken card and refuses to ban it(for whatever reason they may have), a counterpart has to be made that takes care of the problem, or the game would be out of balance. Granted, the most obvious solution would be to ban the broken card in question, not create another broken card to counter it. But broken cards cannot be left unchecked; it would make the game almost unbearable.

[/quote']

OR you could just ban all the broken cards. You can hardly say "[Broken Card X] should not be banned because it is the best counter to [Broken Card J]" when there exists the obvious solution of banning both [Broken Card X] AND [Broken Card J]. There's no need to treat this as a Nash-style lockdown in which we can't make any changes because any individual change on its own might be negative when the sum of the changes together is clearly positive.

9) [Broken Card X] should not be banned because both players can run it.

I've seen this logic used most often with the entire Traditional Format.

Eh, Traditional is fine presented as an alternative for people who want to be able to throw broken nukes at each other all day; after all, its whole purpose is to be loaded with problems. The problem is when the main format that is ostensibly geared to have its problems removed becomes a place where people are able to throw broken nukes at each other all day as well.

*facepalm* Yes, but it was suppose to be implied though I'm not sure what [Terrible Card T] means...

I don't know what Terrible Card T is supposed to be either, but I think the cards/decktypes in the passage are implied to be Lightsworn, Judgment Dragon, either Solemn Judgment or Stardust Dragon (though any negation card fits in that spot, since that's how the arguments usually go), either DAD or Demise (most likely DAD), and Chaos Emperor Dragon. Note that they may not be in the same order as the passage.

That, and

*supports*

So. Exactly what are we supposed to say without sounding awful to you?

Well i'm going to say this anyway:

The way l see it, you just want everyone to agree. However, instead of complaing l think everyone should be trying to look for counters.

You hate JD? Opression.

Honest/Kalut? Divine wrath.

Zombies? Macro Cosmos.

This is a universal game, every great card has a weakness.

(I'm expecting there will be pissed people but this is the way l feel. Just saying.)

This logic is easily the best one[/sarcasm]

I've seen it used a frankly disturbing number of times. I think the most recent might have been VK talking about Yata or Chaos or JD or DAD or some other nonsense.

NOPE NOPE ALL THE LETTERS WERE TOTALLY RANDOM

TOTALLY

It's valid regardless of what card/deck/whatever you substitute for the variable. The letters were certainly not chosen based on the most obvious value of that variable, and I am appalled that you are even suggesting that I would do that.

Actually, I perfer to keep both Yata and CED banned. If the CEOs of Konami got drunk and high, then brain washed into making Yata limited, I'll kill them. Second, I don't recall saying CED or Yata shouldn't be banned because of them being my fav. But none the less, I probaly did. Plus, #10 is the one that makes me wanna kill someone for some reason.

So. Exactly what are we supposed to say without sounding awful to you?

Well i'm going to say this anyway:

The way l see it' date=' you just want everyone to agree. However, instead of complaing l think everyone should be trying to look for counters.

You hate JD? Opression.

Honest/Kalut? Divine wrath.

Zombies? Macro Cosmos.

This is a universal game, every great card has a weakness.

(I'm expecting there will be pissed people but this is the way l feel. Just saying.)

[/quote']

Right, right. I forgot it was physically impossible to both find counters for a card while also saying that it is banworthy.

Two more added to the list.

Archived