In this case, Sensored version of the Art > Original version

Pot of Greed was becoming an Archtype O_o

And yet it wasn't developed right and I don't think I ever saw this card in a Deck except in random n00b Decks with 80+ cards with no protectors, near Turtle Oath, Book of Secret Arts, and Shapesnatch. OR some other standard Decks were the player threw this in just for the lulz.

If people played by Duelist Kingdom's logic, this card would be broken.

"I play Pot of Greed, so I can draw 2! And since playing it sends it from my hand to the Graveyard, I can now draw 3!"

It would be awesome.

My opinion - Just useless in Advanced. Even in Traditional' date=' i wouldn't run it[/quote']

It is possibly to build a turbo deck around this.

Just, it would be somewhat situational.

Imagine a deck based around pot of greed.

BEST. DECK. EVAR.

This is what it would look like (the nerfed version for nowadays)... probably:

[spoiler=Here:]

This card is treated as "Pot of Greed". Both players draw 1 card. If you control a "Greed" monster' date=' your opponent does not draw.

[/quote']

Once per turn' date=' you can reveal 1 "Jug of Greed" in your hand to draw 1 card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 "Jug of Greed" from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/quote']

Once per turn' date=' if your opponent would add a card(s) to their hand, you can reveal 1 "Jug of Greed" in your hand to draw 1 card instead. This card cannot be attacked if you control another monster.

[/quote']

You can discard this card to add up to 2 "Jug of Greed" in your Graveyard to your hand.

This is what it would look like... probably:

[spoiler=Here:]

This card is treated as "Pot of Greed". Both players draw 1 card. If you control a "Greed" monster' date=' your opponent does not draw.

[/quote']

Once per turn' date=' you can reveal 1 "Jug of Greed" in your hand to draw 1 card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 "Jug of Greed" from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/quote']

Once per turn' date=' if your opponent would add a card(s) to their hand, you can reveal 1 "Jug of Greed" in your hand to draw 1 card instead. This card cannot be attacked if you control another monster.

[/quote']

You can discard this card to add up to 2 "Jug of Greed" in your Graveyard to your hand.

Spirit of the jug + Jug of Greed + Greed Avatar of the Jug = A good draw system.

EDIT: You would gain 4 cards and only have to have 2. If Greed Avatar of the Jug was just you can instead of once per turn, it would be pretty amazing, as you could draw a total of 6 cards, 7 cards if you had another Jug of greed in your hand.

Archived