Sacrifice of Honor

SacrificeofHonorABPF-JP-R.jpg

If you have 3000 or less Life Points, activate when your opponent declares a direct attack. Negate the attack and Special Summon 2 "Sacrifice Stone Tokens" (Rock-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0), and add 1 "Earthbound Immortal" card from Deck to your hand. "Sacrifice Stone Token"s can only be Tributed for the Tribute Summon of an "Earthbound Immortal" monster, and cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters.

Discuss

You need this card' date=' a field spel [b']Not that hard[/b]l, 3000 or less Life Points not hard late-game when most of the destruction has been expended, it must survive until your opponent declares an attack see above comment and you must not be killed by other attacking monsters for it to work the 2 tokens will absorb attacks, plus there's Necro Gardna.

Yeah, too situational.

Situational? Yes. But if you have any reasonable expectation of building a Jibakushin Deck (yes, I know how fail that sounds), this card is pretty much necessary.

Sorry Dar Genma, I just can't agree. It's far too situational. Most current games don't have a "late game", 5 turns each is long. Earthbound Decks barely every actually tribute Summon, they're much more likely to use some sort of other Summon method such as Zombie World + Book of Life/Mezuki, although even then there are better options for Zombies.

In a fan-fic setting like you write, it's great, but in the actual game, this is bloody useless. It's just not worth it when you could be tributing with Treeborn + something else easy to get and avoid what is still a very situational card.

You do know that any smart player would've wiped it from the field before declaring a direct attack' date=' right?

[/quote']

Yes, because any smart player always decks 35 copies of MST.

ITT: MST is the only way to clear the backrow.

Clarification: All cards in any smart player's deck always clear the backrow.

You do know that any smart player would've wiped it from the field before declaring a direct attack' date=' right?

[/quote']

Yes, because any smart player always decks 35 copies of MST.

ITT: MST is the only way to clear the backrow.

Clarification: All cards in any smart player's deck always clear the backrow.

That's better.

;)

Jibakushin?? what's this? Eartbound Immortals?

It means "Earthbound God"' date=' which is infinitely better than "Earthbound [i']Immortal[/i]".

Sorry Dar Genma' date=' I just can't agree. In a fan-fic setting like you write, it's great, but in the actual game, this is bloody useless. It's just not worth it when you could be tributing with Treeborn + something else easy to get and avoid what is still a very situational card.

[/quote']

Just because I write fanfiction does not mean I don't know what a good card is or that you can patronize me for it. All I did was respond to what he said and state an opinion, that some people would likely run (or side) this card just in case (remember Trap Eater? Situational as F**K), because that's what some people do. I neither said I thought the card was good nor said I'd run it, or even a Jibakushin Deck for that matter.

I personally like this card for the mind games.

they think "oh sheet." right off the bat every time. because at this point in the game they have used up almost all of their destroy resources, and to make it worse, you pick the humming bird or the lizard to make sure that even if they do kill it, it takes a good chunk of them with it.

and at this point in the game, to be all set up for a comeback like this from just one card, means you have a backup plan ready and waiting.

and at the very least, it blocks 3 attacks and replaces itself with a card that would have been a dead draw, making your next draw more likely to help if it doesn't.

Archived