Most butchered archetype?

I'm sure anyone who has looked in the deck section enough can tell there are certain decktypes noobs have a compulsive urge to try to build, but always fail horribly.

We all know the classic example: sixty card e-hero decks with hero barrier and avian.

CB users may find themselves overwhelmed with horrible CB decks running rainbow dragon, cobalt eagle, and other awful choices.

What other decks are there that seem to be an irresistible magnet that attracts noobs who have no clue what they're doing?

my deck.dek

Seriously, I have never opened a topic titled "my deck" that had anything decent inside.

There's also the Traditional section. I mean it's been a while since I've read anything interesting there. You'd thought that with the incredible release we got last year there would be something new in traditional abusing DSF, 1 for 1 or any other exploitable card that was recently printed but no.

Actually, many new people look at "Earthbound Immortals" because they are strong IN THE ANIME. IN REAL LIFE THEY ARE HARD TO RUN UNLESS YOU ARE VERY GOOD AT CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES.

Once, one of my "new" YGO friends used an Earthbound deck. His richness led to him getting 3 Urus in a matter of several days. But I overwhelmed it using my deck easily as THEY HAD ONLY RANDOM CARDS LIKE LEGENDARY OCEAN WHEN THERE WERE NO WATER IN THE DECK.

Same with many others. Like the Slash Busters (i forgot the english name) and the upcoming Sins.

The wall against pros and newbies-Whether meaningless cards are in there or not.

anime decks based on the characters in the show.

Yes.

I made a Charmers deck' date=' and to my surprise it actually won against a Crystal Beast deck that summoned Hamon x.o; Managed to steal Hamon with Aussa and a Scroll of Bewitchment, turning Hamon into an Earth type ><

[/quote']

I'm so ashamed of peoples running horrible Crystal Beast decks. I've been using them ever since they came out and I've always had several builds for it built. If you were facing anyone that's experienced with Crystal Beasts, they would have stomped you flat with Crystal Abundance and not have summoned Hamon.

Off-topic: I learned how to run Earthbound Immortals and Crystal Beasts in the same deck for fun duels. (Still have an intact SuperAbundance deck I use for competetive play, though.)

Hey, Axy...you wanna PM me that build?

OT: "Beatdown" and "burn" decks. While not an archetype, it's still a decktype that's common. Sometimes I've seen counterarguments to the standard "pick a theme" comments in the Deck section by saying "it has a theme. Summon monsters and kill the opponent" or something to that effect.

anime decks based on the characters in the show.

Yes.

I made a Charmers deck' date=' and to my surprise it actually won against a Crystal Beast deck that summoned Hamon x.o; Managed to steal Hamon with Aussa and a Scroll of Bewitchment, turning Hamon into an Earth type ><

[/quote']

I'm so ashamed of peoples running horrible Crystal Beast decks. I've been using them ever since they came out and I've always had several builds for it built. If you were facing anyone that's experienced with Crystal Beasts, they would have stomped you flat with Crystal Abundance and not have summoned Hamon.

Off-topic: I learned how to run Earthbound Immortals and Crystal Beasts in the same deck for fun duels. (Still have an intact SuperAbundance deck I use for competetive play, though.)

It was a Charmers' deck x.o I expected to lose, with or without Crystal Abundance, i just wanted to see how it would fare. I wish Charmers could get better somehow, and they have several cards already, but they feel so... clunky... bulky... playing them doesn't flow at all sadly. Also, Of course, when someone successfully activates Crystal Abundance, its usually death in most cases. You didn't have to spell it out :D

Sometimes I've seen counterarguments to the standard "pick a theme" comments in the Deck section by saying "it has a theme. Summon monsters and kill the opponent" or something to that effect.

Same here. Mostly its those decks that run Dark Blade, Man-Eater Bug, and BEWD in the SAME DECK.

Speaking of BEWD, I have never seen a 1 or 2 star member make a decent dragon deck. I once saw something that had Armed Dragon/Horus/Red-Eyes/BEWD all at the same time. Spellcaster decks are another one. I've seen Dark Magician mixed with Endymion so many times...

Another thing. Why do noobs like this feel the need to run every card at 1?

There's nothing wrong with running a fusion based E-Hero deck but don't expect it to be competable on a higher level. The biggest issue with E-Hero decks is that newbs want to run E-Hero, Neo Spacian, Evil Hero, and D-Hero all in one deck. Hell, running E-Hero and Neo Spacian in one deck is a bad idea.

I think E-Heroes are the most common deck that gets butchered followed by people who want to copy anime builds like Yugi's deck cause clearly Normal Monsters and equip spells are going to be competable in this format. /sarc

Archived