Your "Yugi" moment

Iv'e seen threads similar to this one, but I had a story to tell about my locals the other day, and at the same time, wanted to know some of your epic plays.

I came in 2nd out of 29 people on saturday, in the 4th of 5 rounds I had the most epic game 3rd game turn-around I have ever pulled out of my butt. Let me tell you the story...

[spoiler=The Play]I am running Vayu-sworn, He is running Dark Simorgh. Me and this person have a track record of playing close to finals at this particular store, and he beats me almost every single time.

Game 1. I pull out a win near the end with a DAD + Armed wing swarms that punish his Life points.

Game 2. He gets me with Light-Imprisoning really early and I am unable to retalite and save myself.

Game 3. Early game I think I have him, but he sets up with a Summoner Monk into MistValley, Synch for Stardust. SS Dark Simorgh. a couple turns later He Morphing Jars our hands, Card Destruction, and sets up a second Simorgh. He Brain Controls My face-up Lyla, and I Necro My way into having one more turn. I have one card left in my deck, and he ends giving me Lyla.

He flips up Anti-Spell Fragerence, and Light-Imprisoning. He has 2 Backrows, 2 Simorghs, and Stardust.

Life: Me: 2400

him: 3000

At this point, everyone else is done their match, and there are a lot of people crowded around me and the other player. Lots of eyes are looking around, wondering whats in my grave. Situation looks dim, and I felt like scooping, but I drew anyway.

I drew Plague, and had 6 cards in hand. I thought for a minute. and summoned Plague. He checks his back-field. I Synch for Tempest Magician. As the guy behind me counts "5, 10, 15, 20" I shakily ask, have anything? He looks around, witha gawking face,...

I pitch 5 cards for 5 more counters, having 6 and dump them all for 3000 damage. expecting a Solemn, he slams the table and yells what!?! The room goes into an uproar of "OH MY GOD ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!???"

I felt happy =3 I sacked for plague ftw.

tl;dr, post your most epic/favorite plays

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will probably be locked, but anyways:

Me: 100 LP, One for One, Monster Gate & 2 Machine Duplication in hand, empty field.

Opponent: 8000 LP, 5 cards in hand, empty field.

After a LP count argument, I start my turn. I topdeck Morphtronic Boomboxen. Still level-headed, I remember the One for One I still had in hand. I get Valley and use dupe on it, RFPing the new ones to draw two. I get Brain Control and Morphtronic Accelerator. At that point, I leave the game to luck. Knowing that this particular opponent would be able to easily get around Valley, I activate Monster Gate. Tributing Valley, I get Celfon of all things. This is where it gets fun. I know that my opponent will win next turn if I don't full this one off, so I use my second dupe for 3x Celfon. The first one rolls a 6 and fails, the second one rolls a 4 and gets Radion. The game is left to my final roll. It comes as a 1. I need to get my last Radion to win, as everything else I could topdeck that could win is gone, all that remains is my 3rd Radion. I pick up my last card, and behold, Radion #3. My 3 Celfon and 2 Radion attack for game. (1700x3) + (2600x2) = 10300

This will probably be locked' date=' but anyways:

Me: 100 LP, One for One, Monster Gate & 2 Machine Duplication in hand, empty field.

Opponent: 8000 LP, 5 cards in hand, empty field.

After a LP count argument, I start my turn. I topdeck Morphtronic Boomboxen. Still level-headed, I remember the One for One I still had in hand. I get Valley and use dupe on it, RFPing the new ones to draw two. I get Brain Control and Morphtronic Accelerator. At that point, I leave the game to luck. Knowing that this particular opponent would be able to easily get around Valley, I activate Monster Gate. Tributing Valley, I get Celfon of all things. This is where it gets fun. I know that my opponent will win next turn if I don't full this one off, so I use my second dupe for 3x Celfon. The first one rolls a 6 and fails, the second one rolls a 4 and gets Radion. The game is left to my final roll. It comes as a 1. I need to get my last Radion to win, as everything else I could topdeck that could win is gone, all that remains is my 3rd Radion. I pick up my last card, and behold, Radion #3. My 3 Celfon and 2 Radion attack for game. (1700x3) + (2600x2) = 10300

[/quote']

That's pretty epic XD actually it's pretty epic in general when some "pro" player gets pwned by Morphys.

I hope this doesn't get banned, I didn't break rules did I? =( maybe I'll put my story ina spoiler tag.

That's pretty epic XD actually it's pretty epic in general when some "pro" player gets pwned by Morphys.

I hope this doesn't get banned' date=' I didn't break rules did I? =( maybe I'll put my story ina spoiler tag.

[/quote']

I know. :P I do random Morph OTKs all the time, and it always shocks people.

I think stuff like this gets locked for being too spammy or something like that, IIRC. I could be wrong.

this doesn't spammy to me.

I don't have any "yugi" moments. my real life deck I dueled with was very, very weak and only won like 1 out of 20 duels. the only duel I remember winning was something like me having chain energy and a monster on the field, and my opponent had 2 face-down spell or traps. he also only had 500 life points. not exactly a "yugi" moment is it?

Well this did not really happen for me but at the last tournament I was at It was in the finals. I was playing against my friends Lightsworn Deck. This is near the end of the duel and the life points were Me (7000) My Opponent (1200) On his turn he has one card in his hand. He draws, and activates Pot of Avarice. Special Summons Judgment Dragon pays 1000 to wipe the field. Special Summons another Judgment Dragon. Normal summons Honest and hits me for (7100) direct. I thought It was pretty awesome even if it was against me. I still ended up winning the match though. haha

I played The Seal of Orichalcos that was given to me by my opponent via Exchange, and I lost the duel to a Guardian Eatos on crack. Fairly, enough my opponent's name was Rafael... Rafael Nadal, who is not only good in dueling, but good in tennis too...

So this one time I was on 900 life and I topped brain control.

Another time I was on 1100 and topped JD.

Another time I was on 2100 and topped dimension fusion.

Another time I stacked my deck so I open handed exodia. I was playing GB and it was the last game of the tourny, sided 5 exodia pieces cause I had 5 spots free and thought it would be funny if I topped exodia to win the whole tournament.

Alright.

It was the Final Round at a local tourney (Which made it 10x more epic than normal). I was running my Batteryman OTK Vs. a guy who ran a twilight deck. He was at 6000, I was at 1200. He had 1 face-down, DAD, and Judgement Dragon on the field. I had nothing on the field, and 2 cards in my hand (Battery Charger, and I.R.S). It was my turn, I drew Short Circuit. I activated B.C (Which reduced my life points to 700) to summon one of my Batterymen AA from the graveyard, then I used I.R.S to summon the rest out of the graveyard. I then used Short Circuit to destroy all of his cards. I then attacked with my batterymen and won.

The first 3 seconds after I won it was really silent, then it got loud. IT WAS SO COOL!

me: 300

Opponent: 200

i have no cards in my hand' date=' opponent swarms me with blackwings, i use mirror force, kills the blackwings. my turn, draw rescue cat, attacks for game (stupid win...)

[/quote']

pretty stupid on his part, if he just used one blackwing (or didnt wast his summon) he would have been safer. 300lp and a facedown does not = swarm. XD your opponent deserved to lose that one.

it doesn't matter whether it's one or a swarm does it? either way you can activate mirror force

but he swarmed into an unknown card, that's losing 3+ cards versus losing one blackwing. You really should try to take care of the backrow before risking anything. if he had a monster he should have not used his summon until after the battle phase. OR if he had the capability to swarm, why not synch for something like Stardust? And in this case specifically, if you only need one to win, why overexert with 3+ blackwings? It just sets you up to lose if there is a chance you could.

I don't know the exact field, and blackwing probably would have lost anyway. I'm just saying the concept of swarming when you

A) have no idea about the backfield or

B) don't need too to win

is just stupid.

opp on 2000' date=' top deck JD

opp on 1300, top deck JD

opp on 3100, top deck JD, remove Mezuki for Plague

lesson?

JD needs a ban, or a limit.

[/quote']

He'll see a limit. Konami loves their little death-puppy too much to ban him before getting at least another 6 months of buying and selling. he WAS just reprinted in japan again so... if they did ban it they'd lose alot of Gold series 2 sales over there.

Guest PikaPerson01

I hope this doesn't get banned' date=' I didn't break rules did I? =([/quote']

Meh, topics like this are usually just seen as spammy. It's the discussion section, and the idea is if a decent discussion can't be generated the topic is locked.

As much as some would like to argue...

"He summoned three blue eyes white dragon in one turn by screwing the rules, then I drew into the fifth piece of Exodia!"

"ZOMG! ****ING EPIC!"

"She had a bunch of Harpy Ladies on the field, and then I used Time Wizard and Baby Dragon."

"ZOMG! HAX!"

It's not exactly the most stimulating conversation.

On-topic though:

Opponent: 5000-ish LP

Me: 100 LP

My field: Celestia, Lumina

JD in hand, nothing else. Garoth and Jain in grave.

Opponents field: Nothing.

Opponent's turn: Sac Celestia and Lumina for Lava Golem. End with a smug look.

My turn: Draw phase, Book of Moon. Play it immediately. Dodge standby phase burn. MP1, SS JD. Flip Lava Golem. Swing for game.

... Not exactly a "Yugi moment" when I'm running LS though...

On-topic though:

Opponent: 5000-ish LP

Me: 100 LP

My field: Celestia' date=' Lumina

JD in hand, nothing else. Garoth and Jain in grave.

Opponents field: Nothing.

Opponent's turn: Sac Celestia and Lumina for Lava Golem. End with a smug look.

My turn: Draw phase, Book of Moon. Play it immediately. Dodge standby phase burn. MP1, SS JD. Flip Lava Golem. Swing for game.

... Not exactly a "Yugi moment" when I'm running LS though...

[/quote']

I would call the dodging a Lava Golem Burn "yugi-like" enough. the 3000 ATK you provided could have been substituted for alot of different cards/combos. the other 3000 was your smug opponent's much like that "smug villian"

LS or not thats still pretty epic =D

I did a sudden death at a tourney once.

And it's not exactly fun when you play Countdown.

He played Aliens, and tried do attack me directly several times with one of his monsters that could do that, but I kept blocking that.

I ran out of Stall eventually, and at that mpoment, he said:

"funk this, I'm going for your monsters now!"

And he ran into Marshmallon.

Another guy, a French one this time, played DAD against me in the time he was still used.

He Solemns.

He Solemns.

He Instants Fuses.

His field exists of 2 SDD, 1 RDD and some generic beatstick that I don't remember.

He runs into Marshmallon.

Archived