New Skin Released!

YCMaker

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a lot cooler, but the old one is more simple. But still, this is good too. :) I think I'll stick with it.

[spoiler=test]The spoilers work fine... I don't see anything wrong on the preview at least... but yeah, a border would make it look better. I'm still fine with this, however.

The original is better by far. Sorry' date=' YCMaker.

[/quote']

Under what reasoning is this? Simplicity is one thing, saying it is "better" is stupid. I create themes myself and I can definitely say that the new one is definitely "better".

I skin as well, yet I'm saying that the original was better simply because it was more suited to the layout of the forum. This isn't a heavily graphics-based forum, and the multiple colors on the new skin detract one's attention from the true content of the site, which is the writing. (Plus, all the cards in the forum looks better on a plain white background. Those are just my two center, though.)

[/quote']

Under what reasoning is this? Simplicity is one thing, saying it is "better" is stupid. I create themes myself and I can definitely say that the new one is definitely "better".

I skin as well, yet I'm saying that the original was better simply because it was more suited to the layout of the forum. This isn't a heavily graphics-based forum, and the multiple colors on the new skin detract one's attention from the true content of the site, which is the writing. (Plus, all the cards in the forum looks better on a plain white background. Those are just my two center, though.)

I'd say it was all opinionated until the end, as cards do look better on a plain white background, really. As far as coding and graphics go though, the new one is superior in both time and ability. I like your detailed opinion and reasoning though, so plus for that.

[/quote']

I have to disagree with your statement. White on White leaves no focal point for the eye. Having the dark -grey- border with a Light Blue body provides a sufficient focal point for the eye.

Your statement about it being better to read text and look at images with pure White sounds completely absurd to me, but it may indeed hold true for you.

Normally if a survey were to be held people would vote for the new layout, and not in terms of it being image heavy but because the basic fundamentals between the eye and how it works.

Archived