Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

I do take requests. I of course have the right to deny any request I don't like, but I take them. I mean most of the splices I've done over time have been requests.

Hard to update when no project of mine has seen a nice full update. I've been tweaking and messing around in each of the different things I do, but never enough to finish something completely. The next splice sheet is a little over half done. SPW I have one chunk left, but I've been avoiding it. Fakemon I'm holding off on. Random contests I've been entering are taking up most of my spriting will. Then I have a bunch of half done random stuff I've been working on in my spare time. So basically something will happen soon I think, I just don't know what =P

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm sure a good number of you know about the Generation 5 reveal. Pokemon has given us a silhouette of a new Pokemon to be featured in the upcoming movie in Japan. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, but I've decided to do a little pixel-overing with the silhouette. I've created a Pokemon I feel could be the Pokemon. Of course the chances of me being right are pretty far off. I've also done my absolute best to avoid looking at anyone else who might have already done this. So basically I've seen no one else do this, even though I'm sure there have been people who have. There is a chance that perhaps our ideas will overlap, and I apologize if that may be the case. I assure you though I did not attend to use anyone elses ideas.

ZenrirV1.png

Zenrir!

This is the first one I made. My basic idea is that it's wolf like. It's fluffy and has a Ponytail. This one in particular I see as a Dark/Fighting. I think it could be fighting due to it's leg structure and extra large arms. They just feel like features you see on a fighting type. I'm thinking dark due to the movie. If you've seen the trailer for it, you know that Ash meets some weird evil body double of himself. So if this Pokemon who is the "Z" in the movie, there's a chance he is the cause of the dark double self. Also for those that know their Norse Mythology, you know of the demon dog Fenrir. The dog being a child of Loki, the trickster god, probably could have similar shape shifting powers as it's father.

ZenrirV2.png

This is my second version. Going off of the Fenrir idea, I go with an icy look. Nordic folk are icy people, and Loki is half frost-giant. I think this one makes a good Ice or Ice/Fighting type. I think Icy/Fight would be totally awesome. I also in general like the colors I used for this one.

ZenrirVLucario.png

This one is more of a joke than anything. My friend and I couldn't help but notice there were a few slight similarities with the Lucario evolution line. I don't think Lucario needs and evolution. Also people who know me, know that I don't even like Lucario, so it is obvious that I don't want to see this to be what actually happens =P. The funny thing is though that since Fenrir is sort of a demon dog, and has a half sister or is the goddess of the dead, it isn't too far off from the whole Anubis thing either...

• 2 weeks later...

New splice sheet finally. A bunch of different things this time around. A good number made for contests actually, something that had been motivating my splicing and junk for awhile. I'm probably going to settle down a bit and return to my various projects hopefully. The trainer is actually probably going to be my top of E4 for my region.

SpliceSheet50.png

Oh also for those who care. I'm again going to take a break from CnC'ing and junk. I might jump in occasionally when I have the want to, but I don't feel like attending to every sprite I see. However soon I might just be starting a video critique type thing. I'm going to have a pilot episode up soon. Honestly if it goes how I plan, it will be better than any type of written critique I'll do, as I will actually talk stuff out and fix it while the camera is rolling.

for your last sheet, i like all of the splices/sprites exept the last two.

im not quite sure why i dont like th second-to-last one.

but for the last one(arcinine and lugia) i dont like how the necks been done.

as the lower blue part is smooth yet the higher white part seems furry and is going ove the smooth peice making it seem odd.

Awhile back I mentioned that I'd be doing video critique, well I've finished the pilot episode. I take a sprite by an anonymous person and alter it. Being a pilot, I've yet to quite get it all right. As you'll see, I end up running out of time and have to use a fast forwarding method. I wanted to get everything in 10 minutes, but I have a nasty habit of taking too long to explain some stuff. Depending on what people think, I'll either make future episodes shorter, or keep them being longer. Since it is for the sake of critique, I may leave that to the original artists of the sprites I use.

Speaking of that, anyone is free to ask me to part of this. As explained in the video, just send me a private message. I'll only do something I want to do, or stuff I feel I can teach off of possibly. Of course be ready for me to possibly mock it in some way, but choosing to be anonymous is optional. The mocking will be of course merely for comedic value, and not serious. The overall purpose of this is to teach. If you're hard pressed to figure out how to improve, I think this will be able to help you.

Link to the first part of the pilot episode:

Well a good chunk of videos lately. However plenty of sprite creation tied into it too I feel.

Episode 1 now exists for my CnC stuff.

A contest gave me inspiration to fix up that Ice/Fighting Snowman of mine:

Snowman.png

A person by the name of Icyblue created a drawing of a critter. He asked if I would sprite it, and I figured he was a cool enough guy. So here is the result:

IcysFakemonthing.png

This is the a link to the original image:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6369/vqm880.jpg

And a video of me actually spriting it. Basically Fakemon Demo 2:

Finally I also have an update to Super Poke World. Raichu is more completed, a couple of different enemies, and a special surprise at the end:

• 2 weeks later...

Another bored day in class, another random sprite. This time around I try Paper Mario style and made an Octorok. I'll probably make a couple more things in this style, but probably will only bother while in class, cause actually school work is lame.

PaperOctorok.png

Also have Episodes 2 and 3 uploaded now of my critique thing.

Here I am again making Fakemon that aren't my own. I need to learn to work on my own things once and awhile =P

The first one has two sizes because I wasn't sure which I liked better. Probably an inbetween would be best, but I think those two work fine. I can claim one is 3rd gen and the other is 4th gen =P

Nikkiboysfakemon.png

Based on the designs of Nikkiboy029:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/123456M1/blitzby_edited-3.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/123456M1/armarout.png

Now as some of you know I don't take requests. However this guy was awesome enough to make this for me:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/123456M1/blitzby_edited-2.png

so I couldn't help but offer up a gift for him in return. I may do the 3rd evolution of his grass starter line if I get the time. I may even upload the video of me making the 2nd form eventually too.

Seriously though. When I first stumbled onto the thread with my little Blitzby all drawn up I was freaking. I never before have received free art like this, so randomly. Every other time I've either art traded or it was between friends. This is in a way like fan art, and that just flattered me beyond belief. So as a spriter, I feel I've in some way have crossed a milestone. I have now had something I made been so well liked someone wanted to draw it themselves.

A small, but at the same time new splice sheet. This time around I have just a few things I felt like doing. Lt. Raichu was for a contest, tied for 2nd =D Ash from Evil Dead was a request from a friend of mine. The others were just things I made. The lack of requests does seem to shrink the size of my sheets by the seems of it too =P

Oh also I love my grass dragon. I consider it one of my personal bests =D

SpliceSheet51.png

This is just something I did while bored. No real purpose, just felt like spriting something, and the thing that came to my mind was a porcupine, although the quills are a bit short so some might see it more of a hedgehog. I honestly don't care.

Porcupine.png

I now understand how to splice... So I tried it out of course! Not too bad for my first try I think.

Arceus+Zapdos+Dialga+Lugia. Left was inlarged by oh Idk....10k? so you could see it, so it's kinda blurry. Middle is the original and very small, but least blurry. Right is medium. Take your pick on which to view.

That was Update # Oh IDK... 10? That I finally got it right! -_-

Archived