Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

Thats so impressive... I honeslty love them, I was a spriter once... I was good at splicing, but not creation... you make me want to try again and find someone way to be better than you, lol, but I doubt that'll happen... love the whirlwind thingy, very cool

Zekrom + Galvantula is pretty pro

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's been a bit, but some time ago I mentioned how I was working on a scratching tutorial. Well I finally took the time to go back to that in finish up a sort of intro. Now this isn't the finished product. Before I move onto the real meat and bones I wanted to sort of post this video and see what you guys think, a rough draft.

There's some extra fluff and added images in this intro just because I don't have anything to show off otherwise. Less padding will be in the actual learning videos since I'll have the actual sprite making to show off.

So any comments or tips will be appreciated. Hopefully the other parts won't be as difficult to edit as this one so they can get done in a timely manner.

• 3 weeks later...

Put together part 2 of the scratching tutorial. Still not up to the true meat and bones yet, but it's getting there. All useful info I feel though.

Of course any comments are appreciated. I'd rather know something is wrong with my teaching method now rather than later.

Is there anychance you do requests?

My friend has me drawing "splice" in Real Life and while I am a good splicer I'd like if someone could try to match my drawings with splices that look nearly identical if possible... so I came here to ask you... Lol

I can pm you pictures tomorrow if you would be willing to help me

I do splice requests, but typically only the Pokemon involved are requested. How they are mixed is typically something I do on my end. Copying what goes where makes it feel less like my work.

I am a little curious to see though so I'll take a look before I make my final decision.

• 2 weeks later...

New part for the Fakemon tutorial.

I promise, next video there will actually be some Fakemon creation. Yet all this side stuff is very important stuff I assure you.

Can't wait to see the actual spriting. Hope it comes soon! This should be very interesting.

• 1 month later...

More Scratch Tutorial:

In this segment we start creating our sprite. We create our shape and lines and various details. Part 5, Coloring and Shading, will hopefully be up soon. I have voice and video recorded, need to edit it together though and fix stuff up.

Also been jumping around recording software, so this video will probably seem different than the others. Feel free to let me know what you think.

There isn't much I would be able to tell you in private that I haven't done on video. I also haven't the time or the patience to be taking in students or anything at this time. Thanks to my tutorial my sprite output in general has been severely lessened.

I personally think you should devote a section of your tutorial towards textures. Many new people such as myself have troubles making things look like fire or metal or even watermelon. That would be a later video, but I'm just throwing an idea out there for you. Also, thanks for the cool Shun-Yu vid.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mega Man Legends series is one close to my heart. After 10 years of waiting for the Legends 3, I was happy to hear it was in developement. Yet now Capcom has canceled it and I want to do my part in fighting for it to come back.

So I made a little sprite image. Mega Man combined with Gurren Lagann? Surely something awesome can convince Capcom to again continue to make it!

Row row, fight the powah!

LegendsNeverDie.png?t=1312262440

Data was some scratching. Mega Man and his Giga Drill are sprite overs from the show. I was lazy with the background and just used the background from the Ace Attorney games (Think of that laziness as just a way to show my support for another Capcom screw up, not localizing Investigations 2 =P)

So if your a fan of the Legends series, Mega Man, would be awesome 3DS games, or stopping corporations from killing off great franchises, you should all join the fight! There's a Facebook group getting people. We're already past 37,000 people, and we're always growing.

Let's just say I really think this can work. I've seen smaller fan gatherings get things done. This could mean the future of Mega Man, and who doesn't love the blue bomber?

Good to know there are allies here Armadilloz.

Also Funky, your question is offensively vague. I just wish there was a clear cut reason to say "No", but I can't come up with one besides "I don't do requests for stuff that isn't splices."

Archived