Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

ezimba15600992263000.gif

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

1zpn0iq.png

• 2 weeks later...

I used to post elsewhere Stoned Hina, but that was at a different time. Now all I do is working on my spriting, and this is pretty much the only place for it.

Thanks Slicer, glad you're enjoying the new stuff.

Ray is both a white mage and black mage. She specializes in single target spells. She is devoted to her religion. She is confident in battle, not being the type to hurt overs, but when she needs to, she can hold her own.

RayGif.gif?t=1399597643

That's actually what these battle sprites are for, a game (specifically an RPG). Also my PokeWorld stuff is planned to be stuff I'll just let people use. The Fakemon might be a tough sell, so few people actually end up finishing a project like that.

So a number of my sprites do have a purpose, though it'll probably be quite some time till it's fully realized.

• 1 month later...

The famed mimic Vargas joins the team! A mysterious man with the ability to copy the moves of foes and allies! Here, he's performing his basic sword attack...

Or rather, the basic frames I'm planning. Going to need some inbetweens, and you know... details. Yet it's the basic plan so far.

VargasStill.pngezimba15600912513700.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I've gotten the gist of Vargas done now. A few detailing work needs to be done, but that can be for another time I'm thinking. However the frames and such should be good. I also have a flamey sword variant due to the request of the characters creator. Chances are, the flaming version will be for certain skills and not basic attacks, but who knows.

Vargas-1.gif?t=1407036092VargasFlame.gif?t=1407036097

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks.

Well, I'm not dead, which is good.

My usual spriting time was taken from me, and so many things have kept me busy (Oh Smash Bros, you're so wonderful). However with school, I actually have a few new oppurtunities to sprite thanks to a class being in a computer lab. So, here's a new member of the team, Professor Anouto!

Proffessorexample.png

A scientist who will act as a black mage, though instead of spells, he'll use his inventions. Flamethrowers, freeze rays, and typhoon missiles will be his way of attacking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

myobu%20attack%20final.gif

Well I got to some of the bits of critique. Faster, some work on hands, adding in the extra details, and some upped contrast. If this is good, then I have a form of battle animation for all the characters (alternate animations, like idles, or other kind of attacks, would be next then). Of course also tinkering with previous ones too.

• 2 months later...

Archived