Destroying Monster/Spell & Trap Cards!!!

DarkHoleDB1-EN-SR-UE.jpgRaigekiDB1-EN-UR-UE.jpgHeavyStormGLD1-EN-GUR-LE.pngHarpie%27sFeatherDusterTP8-EN-SR-UE.jpg

Well as you can see the 4 cards above are (Raigeki=Destroy the opponent's monsters.) (Harpie's Feather Duster=Destroy the opponent's Spell and Trap Cards.) (DARK HOLE=Destroy All monsters on the field. NOT just your opponents, this means your monsters to.) & (Heavy Storm=Destroy All Spell and Trap Cards on the field.) Now, for the big Question, why is Heavy Storm which destroys all Spells and traps on the field including yours, is Limited and DARK HOLE which does the same thing but to monsters is Forbidden? Now, i do realize that destroying monsters is a bigger field & card advantage, but remember that Dark Hole is only a Normal Spell card which has a one time only effect that after that your opponent can just summon more monsters and blasts away! Anyways, DISC this card and other semi-cards like Raigeki...etc

Keep Dark Hole banned. It will destroy my facedown Swarm of Locusts/Scaraps.

We can use Ceasefire and cause more damage :3 or just Ligh of Intervention and your game is off

That depends if you get it early or else Swarm of Locusts will destroy Light of Intervention. But you probably might set two facedowns and force me to guess. There's always Trap Eater.

We can use Ceasefire and cause more damage :3 or just Ligh of Intervention and your game is off

That depends if you get it early or else Swarm of Locusts will destroy Light of Intervention. But you probably might set two facedowns and force me to guess. There's always Trap Eater.

But the monsters can still be flipped face-down while Light of Intervention is out, right?

Right, anyway, to answer the question that has been answered once and everyone else has ignored, monster in play > spell/trap in play

This is the sort of thing people would take for granted in the early game, of course, because spells/traps were to defend or augment your monsters. Although both an empty front row and backrow can be recovered from, the former is more difficult. There is the obvious restriction of 1 Normal Summon per turn, for one. Also, a monster on the field is a monster on the field - it generates field advantage just by existing. The backrow, on the other hand, is going to consist almost totally of traps and continuous cards. Most of the traps that are run (i.e. Mirror Force) can't just be chained to a Heavy Storm, though some can. But most of the spells/traps in a deck are going to be Normal Spells, which are completely unaffected by Heavy Storm. That is to say, your backrow is much less likely to contain valuable cards.

Additionally, Black Hole is very unrestrictive. Suppose you play it while you have no monsters - now you're losing no advantage. The most basic technique of Dark Hole is to play it, then perform your summons - pretty obvious, right? If Dark Hole wasn't Banned, this would make a whole slew of OTKs a hell of a lot more consistent (Cyber Dragons for example).

But the monsters can still be flipped face-down while Light of Intervention is out' date=' right?

Right, anyway, to answer the question that has been answered once and everyone else has ignored, monster in play > spell/trap in play

This is the sort of thing people would take for granted in the early game, of course, because spells/traps were to defend or augment your monsters. Although both an empty front row and backrow can be recovered from, the former is more difficult. There is the obvious restriction of 1 Normal Summon per turn, for one. Also, a monster on the field is a monster on the field - it generates field advantage just by existing. The backrow, on the other hand, is going to consist almost totally of traps and continuous cards. Most of the traps that are run (i.e. Mirror Force) can't just be chained to a Heavy Storm, though some can. But most of the spells/traps in a deck are going to be Normal Spells, which are completely unaffected by Heavy Storm. That is to say, your backrow is much less likely to contain valuable cards.

Additionally, Black Hole is very unrestrictive. Suppose you play it while you have no monsters - now you're losing no advantage. The most basic technique of Dark Hole is to play it, then perform your summons - pretty obvious, right? If Dark Hole wasn't Banned, this would make a whole slew of OTKs a hell of a lot more consistent (Cyber Dragons for example).

[/quote']

What if it was activated, you couldn't summon that turn?

Or you could only activate it after you've summoned?

Archived