New forum

I would support it if it would work.

I am not going to generalize, but new users could be divided into two groups, those who don´t want to be noobs and do actually something good and act by the rules, and those who do not give a damn about rules. Those who are no noobs will probably read the rules, those who don´t, do not read them.

I am saying, that if there was some way to make this second group read the rules and then proceed to the forums, it would work, if not, it is impossible.

So I am sorry but no support.

I would definitely support. most newbs are always spamming :x. And when we were newbs (we were all at one point) wouldn't you have liked to have all the rules in one spot? I don't think anyone is going to go around looking for ALL of the rules. Then all the newbs have to learn the rules the hard way when they get warned (which is wrong). I think more newbs would look at the rules if they were all in one forum.

Not supported.

When all of the rules are lumped together in one forum, it seems like a lot more to have to read through, and new users won't want to be bothered, or they will read them all at once and forget most of them.

As we have it now, with all the rules in their respective forums, it is much more convenient for new users. When they go to post in a forum, they see the Rules sticky and check it before posting. Therefore, what they are reading is directly relevant to the forum they want to post in.

Another idea (if it can be programmed) would be that the first time you go into a particular forum, you are taken to the rules page for that forum.

Guest JoshIcy

Bad enough I get PM's about people who don't read the rules and I have to link them as it is.

Simply, no. If you enter a forum, it's common practice and expected of you to read the rules and all stickies posted by a Moderator.

Not supported.

This seems pointless. All the rules that apply to a given forum - say, Forum A - are posted in:

1) The general site rules topic The Rules, stickied on multiple forums.

2) A sticky on Forum A itself.

Making users leave Forum A and go to Forum Q to find the rules that apply exclusively to Forum A is just stupid.

Archived