Brendano Harns

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You told me to comment, I'm going to comment:

[spoiler=OCG corrections]

First card:

Crystal Spider:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Rock-Type monster in your Graveyard inflict damage to your opponent equal to half ATK of the monster removed from play. During the End Phase of the turn that this card is destroyed, you can remove this card from play to Special Summon as many monsters as possible that were removed from play by this card's effect in Defense Position."

Crystal Rover:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. When this card is Summoned, gain 1000 Life Points. During your Draw Phase, before you draw, you can select 1 card from your Deck and add it to your hand, if you do, skip your Draw Phase. This card cannot be destroyed. When this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard, draw 1 card."

Crystal Revolver:

"Once per turn, you can discard a number of Rock-Type monster(s) from your hand to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded card(s), x 500. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand to inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

Crystal Rapptor:

"When you control 1 or more Rock-Type monster(s), you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to a face-up monster on you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, that monster gains 1000 ATK. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time.)"

Crystal Miner:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. If you control a Rock-Type Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, ff this card was Summoned this way, remove it from play when it is removed from the field. When this card is discarded, gain Life Points equal to the number of Rock-Type monsters in your Graveyard, x500."

Now to some opinions of mine that you will probably ignore:

Names: It pissed me off the 3rd time I read "Crystal".

Effects, Ok, except for the second card, it seems OP.

ATK DEF: I don't rate them if the effect balance them out.

Edition and Serial Number: Oh yeah, I'm totally noticing that. Lack of information make the cards less realistic.

Rarety: Some should be Ultimate Rare or at least Supers.

I will give you a 7/10

You told me to comment' date=' I'm going to comment:

[spoiler=OCG corrections']

First card:

Crystal Spider:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Rock-Type monster in your Graveyard inflict damage to your opponent equal to half ATK of the monster removed from play. During the End Phase of the turn that this card is destroyed, you can remove this card from play to Special Summon as many monsters as possible that were removed from play by this card's effect in Defense Position."

Crystal Rover:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. When this card is Summoned, gain 1000 Life Points. During your Draw Phase, before you draw, you can select 1 card from your Deck and add it to your hand, if you do, skip your Draw Phase. This card cannot be destroyed. When this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard, draw 1 card."

Crystal Revolver:

"Once per turn, you can discard a number of Rock-Type monster(s) from your hand to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded card(s), x 500. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand to inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

Crystal Rapptor:

"When you control 1 or more Rock-Type monster(s), you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to a face-up monster on you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, that monster gains 1000 ATK. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time.)"

Crystal Miner:

"This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. If you control a Rock-Type Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, ff this card was Summoned this way, remove it from play when it is removed from the field. When this card is discarded, gain Life Points equal to the number of Rock-Type monsters in your Graveyard, x500."

Now to some opinions of mine that you will probably ignore:

Names: It pissed me off the 3rd time I read "Crystal".

Effects, Ok, except for the second card, it seems OP.

ATK DEF: I don't rate them if the effect balance them out.

Edition and Serial Number: Oh yeah, I'm totally noticing that. Lack of information make the cards less realistic.

Rarety: Some should be Ultimate Rare or at least Supers.

I will give you a 7/10

@Names: More of an archetype I guess? Or maybe you just aren't good at tongue twisters? xD

@Effects: Yeah, 'cept you read part of it wrong. It isn't destroyed once per turn. Not not at all. Unless Konami is really making some poor choices as far as OCG goes.

@Rarity: Pfft. I never add rarity effects to the cards. It doesn't make it any more balanced, creative, or correct gramatically by adding rarity effects. I guess I might for the ace, but I dunno.

Also, it is "Crystal Rapport." Rapport is another word for a harmonious relationship, sort of like mutualism. That's why it's a union. ;)

And on Crystal Rover, I don't thing the OCG fix is right. I could be wrong, but...

I definately don't agree with the fix for Crystal Miner, but that's more of a sarcastic joke. XD

Eh, I'm not so sure on Crystal Spider. I think I'll just leave it the way it is. Sorreh.

Thanks for the post. Doing and individual OCG review and regular balance review takes a lot of time, and I appreciate you did that for me. Thankies. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[spoiler=Card 1]

I didn't find any OCG. Card effect in theory is a -1 which is (as I said before at DA) "slowly eating you and hurting you more than your opponent". Meaning that you activate and loose this card, also discard and loose another card. Your opponent lost the negated card only.

In this case, I'm not going to say its underpowered. Its a good choise for a good card looking at the versatility it offers. Negating any effect and being re-usable makes this card worth it. I'm not worried about the fact that it uses Rocks because I know you use a lot of better Rocks than the ones in the actual game. ;D

Its a nice control strategy and is awesome if used against key cards. Way to go ;) I don't think I had to even write something for this sinse I'm not really correcting anything xD.

[spoiler=Card 2]

Discard 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 face-up Rock-Type monster you control. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the selected monster's DEF. The selected monster cannot declare and attack during the turn this card is activated.

^that's about the only error. I am tempted to say that "to the Graveyard." is unnecesary and should be taken out' date=' but Konami even continues to put it nowadays so... nothing I can do even if it IS.

I had to peek on the rock monster even if I wanted to comment on them one on one xD. (to see the DEF).... but that doesn't really matter. Its easy enough to Synchro for DD so......., it has the discard cost and prevents you from doing battle with that monster for that turn. It sounds fair to me. As long as you don't have anything as a 4000 DEF monster in there... the discard won't justify it there...

There is a real life Rock with 4000 DEF and 0 ATK, that no1 uses. If anything, this would make it usable since its not that easy to Summon and its a burn-based card..

Sorry, its hard for me to keep track of what I'm talking about with this new appearance of the forum... xD continuing with next card..

[spoiler=Card 3']

This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster. Once per turn' date=' you can discard 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to allow this card to attack twice during the Battle Phase this effect is activated. When this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard, you can add up to 3 cards from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/quote']

^What is this? I don't even... I bet you know too.. this is overpowered. But first:

My suggestion to that OCG (the middle effect) because I can't really say its wrong but it sounds odd...

Once per turn, you can discard 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand. If you do, this card can attack twice during the Battle Phase this turn.

Now to the important part.

When this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard, you can add up to 3 cards from your Graveyard to your hand.

to be able to get any 3 cards from your Graveyard back.. that's over the line. Dark Magician of Chaos on steroids not only restricted to Spells.. but THIS... even 1 card back is debatable because its ANY.

You know one more thing?... it actually missess the timing for a lot of stuff. You can't use it with Hand Destruction, Card Destruction, nor the cost of any of your Spells. When you put a "you can" effect, you make it optional wether you want to use it or not, but at the same time there is this risk.

If a "you can" effect like the one we are discussing (or even Peten the Dark Clown) touches the Graveayard for anything (costs, effects or just eccess of hand), if there is something happening immediately afterwards, your card cannot resolve simultaneously with that other action (missing the timing and going to waste). In this case, your card doesn't have to be discarded by a card effect, but the fact that your Spells discard the Rock as a cost for activation, they immediately proceed to "activate".

The discarding of this card must be the last thing that happens in the effect for these types of effect to be able to run properly.

I now suggest you make it not optional anymore, but a must, or you won't be able to use it for what you intend to use it on ;D

and I still argue about that "any 3" stuff. I strongly beg you reduce that xD

I'm loosing track of what I'm saying again (damn not used yet)... hope this helped... I'm not sure how well I explained ^-^"

^well that should cover it (and I'm sure it quilifies as a long post more than Arceus's xD ....jk )

Archived