Data Virus Archetype - 2nd wave is now complete

Zeik

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks! ^_^

as for the effect' date=' the main strategy of these cards is to win by covering the field in these counters and when you get enough on the field at the same time and have a Data Virus monster on the field you win

[/quote']

I have to say, I love the idea behind this set. Some people here may argue against a "you win the duel" effect, but I like them. It only adds another element to the game.

Hope to see more soon!

Guest Cursed Reaction

Pi and Rho are both quite good. Future support and balanced too.

Corrupt File is overpowered though. No drawback and support makes it abusable. Maybe a slight drawback.

I would love to have the renders for your pictures like HP Doom. I might PM you for certain ones.

You don't think Corrupt File needs a draw back hmm :/ I'll change it if something comes to mind but I might just be lazy and leave it for now XD Support joy if theres one thing Ive learned from this its that I hate looking for (making) Spell/Trap pics :/

Nice new additions.

Data recovery is really OP, you can draw like 10 cards with it when you have 15 counters on the field and it isn't that had to get that amount. I suggest drawing 1 card for every 3 counters removed, still a bit on the OP side, but at least a bit weakened.

lol now I usually don't post on these forums *points to lack of a siggy and avatar*, since i'm a fan of yugioh, i make or borrow some cards here for rpgs or fanfictions but lol, i have to say this archtype was the first that inspired me to reply so, excuse me if my forum lingo isn't up to par or if the reply is long.

Personally i think this's a great set, 30 virus counters will take a few turns to build up, so your victory won't be auto, it'll take some time like destiny board or final count down and has a reasonable disadvantage by destroying cards with counters etc etc so, i think it's cool since as the card game grows more victory options'll probably be made too. Random side note lol, I like how the pics fit with the card Archtype, not sure if you're picking the pics at random or doing a bit of searching for specific ones, but I'm seeing Dot.Hack//, Persona 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. I'm a fan of all those too lol, so definitely makes me happy seeing them all work together so well.

As for the individual cards lol, since i came late to the party i won't comment on them all since it would be nothing but compliments and cheers but overall i'm very impressed lol. Hope you don't mind me checking up on this set now and again, and if you don't mind i'd like to use these cards for a character i'm making in an RPG too.

*thumbs up* 10/10 for sure

Guest Cursed Reaction

Tau has a pretty unique effect. Works very well against every deck, Blackwings are all DARK, Lightsworns are all LIGHT, in the same way, Flamvells are all FIRE and maybe just use DNA Transplant on anything else that doesn't work like this. This should help swarm a couple of counters. Pretty universal.

Sigma, it does raise its own ATK, right? That means it has 3500 ATK. I'm not sure whether that's overpowered or not. It seems fine, I think. But the part I'm thinking about is the Spell Cards thing. If they can't be destroyed. That means that is shutting off a lot of cards. Don't take this too serious. Wait for other people's opinions first.

Also, Data Recovery is a little overpowered. As with the other cards, a good swarming of counters will easily get you 4-5 cards.

Thanks Anbu ^__^

wow thanks manmodthanatos yes I like those games as well ^__^ if your using these cards for a character in an RP can I have the link it sounds interesting

Cursed thanks as always :D yes Sigma increases its own ATK as for the Spell protection it does cut off a lot of cards but theres still plenty of Trap cards and monster effects and if that fails just good old power will still work so I thinks its still balanced just one of the big cards in the set.

Data Recovery is a powerful card, but to use it you need CF on the field then you need 0 cards in your hand AND a good swarming of counters to use it, so your giving up a lot of counters to pull yourself back its really an emergency use card I could see it been limited in a deck maybe I'll sleep on that one I think

Sure thing, it's a bit small time and needs a yahoo e-mail though. my yahoo screenie's the same as the one i'm using here though. the rp just started off so people're still being recruited and things are still being worked out, friend of mine made it very recently so i've been lurking in the forums for interesting Archtypes. If you or anyone else for that matter lol are interested at all in joining to read along or try your hand at playing, i'm pasting the link below this. Rules are a little sketchy since it's a text based RPG lol, but never hurts to try something new.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Yugioh_Tides_of_Time/

if you got any questions, i'm easy to reach from the above site link in the members section.

As for the card discussion though, i have a possible suggestion lol for what it's worth to anyone anyway. If you made Sigma unable to be targetted by opponent spell cards, that way field wide magics would still work but it would still have psuedo-immunity to some of the more damaging spell cards. Just something to think about though.

wow, just wow, lovveee the originality the pics i love everything bout them, i think their fair balanced to.

originality 3/3

picture 2/2

name 1/1 (data virus, awesome)

ocg 3/3

effect 3/3

balance 3/3

useful 2/2

overall idea 3/3

Total: 20/20 (my first 20/20 well deserved, u can tell a lot of effort was put into both the pics and the effects and the concept. Really a great set congratz =D)

Crush: there are at least 5 Virus...

It's kinda OPed to me, maybe situational, but could really bring down a lot of cards. You should think it through again

The 2 new monsters are good, although with Phi your going little overboard again, but it can do. Let's see what the others will say.

Archived