Kooley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate to join these types of conversations, there's a number of things I feel inclined to address.

1- Equip decks are not considered strong in the present. There is S/T removal everywhere and monster removal everywhere. Thus, the deck's principle relies on two vulnerable targets in one "threat". Remove the monster nukes all the equips attached, thus setting the opponent back several cards, and removing equips weakens the threat, often to the point of quickly running over it.

2- The deck you said your deck beat sounds like a noobish deck, and Blue Eyes Ultimate...has ceased to be a genuine threat since CyberStein was banned, and in the TCG, Cyber End and Twin were the Cyberstein targets to fear, meaning BEUD was NEVER a threat.

3- Your attitude is quite reminiscient of most people's. They come here, thinking they understand the game well or that they're good deckbuilders, but then it turns out they're nowhere near as good as they thought, but they're unwilling to admit it. I'm not condescending, I was that way too. I've spent enough time here that I can safely declare myself at least COMPETENT in deckbuilding and understanding the game.

4) I don't demand respect and neither should you. This is a forum on the internet. The only way you get respect is by respecting others, and thus far you have not done that. You instead have gotten defensive at every remark that sounded remotely critical, and refuse to listen to what others, in this case Blazinghydra (who actually is a respectful AND respectable member) have had to say. His statements are valid, even if you want to linger in the past metas with the vain desire to justify your lack of progression or whatever. I dont know anything about you, but I can say the state of the game is changing constantly. What worked in the past may now be obsolete, and even if you get it to work, they lack the same power, speed, and consistency that decks in the present do.

As much as I hate to join these types of conversations, there's a number of things I feel inclined to address.

1- Equip decks are not considered strong in the present. There is S/T removal everywhere and monster removal everywhere. Thus, the deck's principle relies on two vulnerable targets in one "threat". Remove the monster nukes all the equips attached, thus setting the opponent back several cards, and removing equips weakens the threat, often to the point of quickly running over it.

2- The deck you said your deck beat sounds like a noobish deck, and Blue Eyes Ultimate...has ceased to be a genuine threat since CyberStein was banned, and in the TCG, Cyber End and Twin were the Cyberstein targets to fear, meaning BEUD was NEVER a threat.

3- Your attitude is quite reminiscient of most people's. They come here, thinking they understand the game well or that they're good deckbuilders, but then it turns out they're nowhere near as good as they thought, but they're unwilling to admit it. I'm not condescending, I was that way too. I've spent enough time here that I can safely declare myself at least COMPETENT in deckbuilding and understanding the game.

4) I don't demand respect and neither should you. This is a forum on the internet. The only way you get respect is by respecting others, and thus far you have not done that. You instead have gotten defensive at every remark that sounded remotely critical, and refuse to listen to what others, in this case Blazinghydra (who actually is a respectful AND respectable member) have had to say. His statements are valid, even if you want to linger in the past metas with the vain desire to justify your lack of progression or whatever. I dont know anything about you, but I can say the state of the game is changing constantly. What worked in the past may now be obsolete, and even if you get it to work, they lack the same power, speed, and consistency that decks in the present do.

As much as I hate to join these types of conversations' date=' there's a number of things I feel inclined to address.

[/quote']

Ludicrous...that is like saying boxing is obsolete because karate is superior,you shouldn't talk sheet you know nothin about.Believe it or not this deck is a tournament winner and i have received prizes because of this "obsolete" deck.The very moment i received this deck i completely knew how to throw it together since i have been working with warrior decks for a very long time and it is all thanx to my knowledge of continuously working with "every type" of warrior equip deck i know everything there is to know about using equip cards along with there effects.I no longer care if you people believe me or not because the fact of the matter is i will continue entering tournaments and i will continue winning tournaments and i will do it using my "obsolete equip deck" that i have completely mastered......

As much as I hate to join these types of conversations' date=' there's a number of things I feel inclined to address.

[/quote']

Ludicrous...that is like saying boxing is obsolete because karate is superior,you shouldn't talk sheet you know nothin about.Believe it or not this deck is a tournament winner and i have received prizes because of this "obsolete" deck.The very moment i received this deck i completely knew how to throw it together since i have been working with warrior decks for a very long time and it is all thanx to my knowledge of continuously working with "every type" of warrior equip deck i know everything there is to know about using equip cards along with there effects.I no longer care if you people believe me or not because the fact of the matter is i will continue entering tournaments and i will continue winning tournaments and i will do it using my "obsolete equip deck" that i have completely mastered......

[/quote']

In all honesty, I was not declaring your deck obsolete. I dont know what your deck is, so it's not my place to say so. I was stating that cards that were good in the past are now considered useless, due to the evolution of the game. Dark Magician used to at least be a decent card, but definitely in the shadow of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, but nowadays, Dark Magician is a laughably weak decktype. Can it work? Certainly. Will it be an amazing deck? Probably not. Blue-Eyes, on the other hand, still has some use in Hopeless Dragon varients.

I can't judge the validity of your analogy, since I'm ignorant in terms of martial arts. However, considering that obsolete DOES mean that to be disused or neglected, often in favor of something newer and better, my use of obsoletion does indeed hold valid. Many good cards from the past are worthless now, and the new cards are far superior.

By all means, continue using your "obsolete equip deck" and win tournaments. I wish you the best of luck. However, you will not get respect here by stubbornly declaring yourself a master of such a deck and that you are not only exceeding the rest of us in skill, but that your deck exceeds the current meta. That's a laughably ignorant claim. There is no way such a deck could survive in the current meta. It makes you out to be a stubborn noob, whether or not it's true. Can it win? Sure. Can it win official tournaments and not just locals or with friends? Hell no.

You see, we get these claims all the time. "So-and-so has a *insert laughably outdated deck* and won Nationals!" You don't stand out from the crowd of idiots who say such things. Your further refusal to accept that your cards are not the pick of the litter will only make you out as an arrogant jerk, which is absolutely nothing new from any other new member with an ego problem.

Oh yes, and you saying people don't know s*** and shouldn't talk, when said people have both the experience and creds to give advice, only worsens the perspective of you. If you're not willing to treat others with the same respect you demand from them, then don't supply your opinions. If we disagree, we'll tell you. If you can't handle that and throw fits, you're turned into the next thing to make fun of. If you're REALLY ignorant, you'll become the next meme.

In all honesty, I was not declaring your deck obsolete. I dont know what your deck is, so it's not my place to say so. I was stating that cards that were good in the past are now considered useless, due to the evolution of the game. Dark Magician used to at least be a decent card, but definitely in the shadow of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, but nowadays, Dark Magician is a laughably weak decktype. Can it work? Certainly. Will it be an amazing deck? Probably not. Blue-Eyes, on the other hand, still has some use in Hopeless Dragon varients.

I can't judge the validity of your analogy, since I'm ignorant in terms of martial arts. However, considering that obsolete DOES mean that to be disused or neglected, often in favor of something newer and better, my use of obsoletion does indeed hold valid. Many good cards from the past are worthless now, and the new cards are far superior.

By all means, continue using your "obsolete equip deck" and win tournaments. I wish you the best of luck. However, you will not get respect here by stubbornly declaring yourself a master of such a deck and that you are not only exceeding the rest of us in skill, but that your deck exceeds the current meta. That's a laughably ignorant claim. There is no way such a deck could survive in the current meta. It makes you out to be a stubborn noob, whether or not it's true. Can it win? Sure. Can it win official tournaments and not just locals or with friends? Hell no.

You see, we get these claims all the time. "So-and-so has a *insert laughably outdated deck* and won Nationals!" You don't stand out from the crowd of idiots who say such things. Your further refusal to accept that your cards are not the pick of the litter will only make you out as an arrogant jerk, which is absolutely nothing new from any other new member with an ego problem.

Oh yes, and you saying people don't know s*** and shouldn't talk, when said people have both the experience and creds to give advice, only worsens the perspective of you. If you're not willing to treat others with the same respect you demand from them, then don't supply your opinions. If we disagree, we'll tell you. If you can't handle that and throw fits, you're turned into the next thing to make fun of. If you're REALLY ignorant, you'll become the next meme.

If Kiryu wasn't banned he'd wipe the floor with your ass.

"Cool" is only a matter of opinion for the weak and insecure they take comfort in...the fact of the matter is that i have earned my respect in yugioh and threw-out my daily life' date='and it is because i have continuously suffered through madness death as well as playing the card game throughout my daily life is the soul reason that i have demanded respect from "punks" like "all of you"...i am to old to put up with all of your bullshit by disrespecting me in that way......

[/quote']

Hah. Less talk more action. By your attitude, you're just a retarded 6 year old who thinks their the "King of Games".

Sorry but on here you're just another new member who has yet to earn other peoples respect just like everyone else on here.

And to me you are just another preadolescent jackoff that looked up to me...I have more than enough knowledge to put punks like you in there place...i did not get back into yugioh just so i can take lip from somebody that does not know the meaning of the phrase "earning your strips" because the fact of the matter is that i have been earning my strips when you were poopin your diaper and suckin on your mothers tit in Alanic Morcet concert's!...so do not lecture me about earning peoples respect because i already have......

Less talk more action plox. Go duel somebody like Daily and such. That way you'll prove how much you've "suffered".

Kooley you must be trippen something bad bacuase frankley I don't look up to people who have just joined a site and DEMAND respect. Nor do I look up to people who call other people "Punks" because they don't respect them so before you make conclusions before you go saying people like you ACTUALLY GET THE DARN FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU SAY THEM.

Now I do understand that you have "suffered" but to be quite honest nobody on this site actually give a damn unless you actually can prove that you have to us. Sure your real life friends know that but we are not them so we don't beleive you.

Ludicrous...that is like saying boxing is obsolete because karate is superior' date='you shouldn't talk s*** you know nothin about.

[/quote']

YOU MUTHER F*CKING HYPOCRITE.

Guys this person is just a troll. Leave him alone and he'll eventually leave on his own. My proof?

Live in your bubble of self delusion' date='however the truth will always remain......

[/quote']

You've said this same thing, word for word, in every thread you've posted in.

Mystery solved, not a horrible player but a troll.

Guys this person is just a troll. Leave him alone and he'll eventually leave on his own. My proof?

Live in your bubble of self delusion' date='however the truth will always remain......

[/quote']

Ehh, that was my second guess.

Gay troll is gay.

[/quote']

Gay troll is gay.

Gay troll is gay troll.

Do not want.

[/quote']

Gay troll is gay.

Gay troll is gay troll.

Do not want.

I may be a troll...but do you know why i troll?,because you people need troll,without troll this place would be fuckin boring...... ^.~

[/quote']

Gay troll is gay.

Gay troll is gay troll.

Do not want.

I may be a troll...but do you know why i troll?,because you people need troll,without troll this place would be fuckin boring...... ^.~

Your grammar is funking annoy as hell, just to let you know.

Oh, and we do have trolls. Good ones, at that.

Archived