Kooley

I never was one for a friendly greeting so i will keep this brief,the first thing i did when i entered this forum was answer to a gemini warrior forum that had a deck that was very poorly built.Apparently you people ether do not know the basics or that you got so jazzed up on whatever new things are coming out these days that you completely forgotten all about them and slap together a deck in a way to me that looks like madness......

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never was one for a friendly greeting so i will keep this brief' date='the first thing i did when i entered this forum was answer to a gemini warrior forum that had a deck that was very poorly built.Apparently you people ether do not know the basics or that you got so jazzed up on whatever new things are coming out these days that you completely forgotten all about them and slap together a deck in a way to me that looks like madness......

[/quote']

I haven't the foggiest what you mean by 'basics'. We all know our basics, the sheer fact of the matter is that the game has advanced since then. With the tendency for newer cards and boosterpacks to try and appeal to the meta crowd, simple logic dictates that they are simply better than the previous ones that weren't made in such a manner; each set tries to one-up the one before it, and so on and soforth. Eventually, old concepts and strategies become obsolete. Equips now suck because we have a multitude of cards that destroy them quickly, with field spells sharing their fate except in exceptional circumstances.

Sincere apologies if I sound patronizing. In any case, welcome to the forum, and we're glad to have you aboard.

I never was one for a friendly greeting so i will keep this brief' date='the first thing i did when i entered this forum was answer to a gemini warrior forum that had a deck that was very poorly built.Apparently you people ether do not know the basics or that you got so jazzed up on whatever new things are coming out these days that you completely forgotten all about them and slap together a deck in a way to me that looks like madness......

[/quote']

I haven't the foggiest what you mean by 'basics'. We all know our basics, the sheer fact of the matter is that the game has advanced since then. With the tendency for newer cards and boosterpacks to try and appeal to the meta crowd, simple logic dictates that they are simply better than the previous ones that weren't made in such a manner; each set tries to one-up the one before it, and so on and soforth. Eventually, old concepts and strategies become obsolete. Equips now suck because we have a multitude of cards that destroy them quickly, with field spells sharing their fate except in exceptional circumstances.

Sincere apologies if I sound patronizing. In any case, welcome to the forum, and we're glad to have you aboard.

I have an equip deck that took second place in my local tournament but that isn't even the half of it.My equip deck that "sucks" so badly that it whipped a "dragon/fusion/swarm/beatdown" deck that ran a butt load of blue eyes ultimate dragon's and allot of other high level attack dragons that continuously swarm the field ...you can learn allot by opening your mind to the past and effectively build a stable deck out of using the knowledge from the past and the cards that are being made today......

I have an equip deck that took second place in my local tournament but that isn't even the half of it.My equip deck that "sucks" so badly that it whipped a "dragon/fusion/swarm/beatdown" deck that ran a butt load of blue eyes ultimate dragon's and allot of other high level attack dragons that continuously swarm the field ...you can learn allot by opening your mind to the past and effectively build a stable deck out of using the knowledge from the past and the cards that are being made today......

...Uhm, dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but local tournaments aren't worth jack, especially here. Just about everyone here (who plays the game anyway) has won their locals at least once, it's not a difficult accomplishment.

Nor is beating any deck that includes "Beatdown" in the title, or has more than a single slash in its name. Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is a card that's seen in maybe one, possibly two types of decks regularly, and it isn't considered a very powerful card. High ATK yes, but it's vulnerable to Bottomless Trap Hole (which everyone runs) like anything else.

Everyone builds deck with regards to the past, that's how the meta is created. New strategies are formed as the old die, the composite parts of the old are used to form the new decks of tomorrow. That doesn't mean we run the exact same decks we ran five years ago, or use the same techniques and combos we did five years ago, that would just be backtracking. Instead, we find ways to replicate what we did in the past with the tools of today; which is much easier than replicating the strategies of today with the tools of the past, and far smarter than doing what we did in the past with the tools we used in the past (which is the equivalent of entering High-Formula racing with a car from 1917).

...Uhm' date=' dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but local tournaments aren't worth jack, especially here. Just about everyone here (who plays the game anyway) has won their locals at least once, it's not a difficult accomplishment.

Nor is beating any deck that includes "Beatdown" in the title, or has more than a single slash in its name. Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is a card that's seen in maybe one, possibly two types of decks regularly, and it isn't considered a very powerful card. High ATK yes, but it's vulnerable to Bottomless Trap Hole (which everyone runs) like anything else.

Everyone builds deck with regards to the past, that's how the meta is created. New strategies are formed as the old die, the composite parts of the old are used to form the new decks of tomorrow. That doesn't mean we run the exact same decks we ran five years ago, or use the same techniques and combos we did five years ago, that would just be backtracking. Instead, we find ways to replicate what we did in the past with the tools of today; which is much easier than replicating the strategies of today with the tools of the past, and far smarter than doing what we did in the past with the tools we used in the past (which is the equivalent of entering High-Formula racing with a car from 1917).

[/quote']

I think i know what i am talking about because my city can run allot of major tournaments that can give big prizes.There is nothing out dated about building a deck by using basic knowledge of the past to increase my chances of winning,that is what makes my deck strong because i use anything and everything to give me an edge......

Yugioh is a game of luck, Even if you have a great deck you need to pull thosse cards out of the deck and anyone can play it as long as you have a small knowledge of what cards do and how to use them then you have a chance of winning any game; Ego much? You can't say you have never made a mistake in your Deck? oh and try to losen up I don't want another User whom uses "........" At the start of their sentance

and Welcome justice_narrowweb__300x405,0.jpg You get me? xD

Yugioh is a game of luck' date=' Even if you have a great deck you need to pull thosse cards out of the deck and anyone can play it as long as you have a small knowledge of what cards do and how to use them then you have a chance of winning any game; Ego much? You can't say you have never made a mistake in your Deck? oh and try to losen up I don't want another User whom uses "........" At the start of their sentance

and Welcome [img']http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/05/28/justice_narrowweb__300x405,0.jpg[/img] You get me? xD

Little punk...you people better show me more respect than that,i did not suffer threw madness and death to have you people talk down to me in that manner! I am not saying that my deck is god,i am only saying that i have effectively built a stable deck that suits its entire needs.That includes the handicap of the slow drawing power of my deck,so in a sense i have way the options carefully of how the deck should be built and added what was needed but to say that your deck is relied on luck is foolish,because the fact of the matter is if you have the knowledge to properly build the type of deck that you want then luck will have very little to do with it since you should already know your deck inside and out to have filter out all of its flaws......

Yugioh is a game of luck' date=' Even if you have a great deck you need to pull thosse cards out of the deck and anyone can play it as long as you have a small knowledge of what cards do and how to use them then you have a chance of winning any game; Ego much? You can't say you have never made a mistake in your Deck? oh and try to losen up I don't want another User whom uses "........" At the start of their sentance

and Welcome [img']http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/05/28/justice_narrowweb__300x405,0.jpg[/img] You get me? xD

Little punk...you people better show me more respect than that,i did not suffer threw madness and death to have you people talk down to me in that manner! I am not saying that my deck is god,i am only saying that i have effectively built a stable deck that suits its entire needs.That includes the handicap of the slow drawing power of my deck,so in a sense i have way the options carefully of how the deck should be built and added what was needed but to say that your deck is relied on luck is foolish,because the fact of the matter is if you have the knowledge to properly build the type of deck that you want then luck will have very little to do with it since you should already know your deck inside and out to have filter out all of its flaws......

why be so rude? only a true troll would say something like this, be nice if you want people to like you

you could have just said "hi"...

why be so rude? only a true troll would say something like this, be nice if you want people to like you

I don't give one half of a rats ass about these people or if they hate my fuckin guts!,i just want them to respect me......

You people better show me more respect than that' date='i did not suffer threw madness and death to have you people talk down to me in that manner![/quote']

Hold on a minute you actually "suffer" during a children's card game?

This guy sounds like a shadow duelist to me may I call you Steve?

You moron...i was talking about "my life" when i was saying that......

You people better show me more respect than that' date='i did not suffer threw madness and death to have you people talk down to me in that manner![/quote']

Well then why should we show respect to you for going through this suffering when we weren't even there to witness it? And even if I did witness it I would just envy you not respect you.

Earn my respect by doing an accomplishment thats great and be a friendly member.

And obviously you didn't notice I was joking.

Well then why should we show respect to you for going through this suffering when we weren't even there to witness it? And even if I did witness it I would just envy you not respect you.

Earn my respect by doing an accomplishment thats great and be a friendly member.

And obviously you didn't notice I was joking.

You demand my respect.

You will not have it.

Archived