42 cards in a deck is better than 41? [DISC]

If YOU have to run 41 becuase you don't know what to take out, use the side deck, now if the game has a special rule requireing you to do so, dends on several things (like mill, if you have a card that mills even or odd, you don't wanna mill 3 when there's 2 cards left, an even deck with even millers can help keep you at 0 if you get stalled with a miller out, instead of -1, iving you 1 extra turn, vice cersa the situation for odds, just make sure your deck can lower itself evenly.)

i totally and utterly disagree with this thread and every post in it, you tools.

plenty of competitive decks run 41, 42 or even 43 cards. i've seen gadgets run up to 45. many players even prefer 41 or 42. the fractional difference is so negligible that it wouldn't become apparent unless you played several thousand duels, and only then it would make a difference in one duel maybe.

running slightly above 40 isn't bad. just don't go too high. i personally won't go higher than 42, and usually prefer 40 or 41.

i totally and utterly disagree with this thread and every post in it' date=' you tools.

plenty of competitive decks run 41, 42 or even 43 cards. i've seen gadgets run up to 45. many players even prefer 41 or 42. the fractional difference is so negligible that it wouldn't become apparent unless you played several thousand duels, and only then it would make a difference in one duel maybe.

running slightly above 40 isn't bad. just don't go too high. i personally won't go higher than 42, and usually prefer 40 or 41.

[/quote']

This covers my thoughts.

I personnaly run 40 cards at max!!

But in a case i have a lot of deck thinners but i don't draw the key cards coreectly, i won't hesitate to go up to 42!! I used run 42 cards in my Tethys Turbo!!

Don't forget that Pot of Duality is coming soon, running 2 or 3 of these in a 42-card deck creates the effect of being playing with a 40-card deck!!

42 v 41 is a matter of opinion. 41 is statistically better, but in a negligible fashion.

i will say though, that i once lost a match against a ddmill deck because he ran 41 cards. the last turn, heavily oppressed by his macro, i played possibly my best game, pulling 20 cards in one turn without jar and with only a few cards in my graveyard. i drew out my entire deck, but despite my best efforts, he had one card left in deck. made me so sad when i found out he ran 41 cards ;_;

there's a minimum' date=' which also should be a maximum.

the only exception is 5th Gadget. that runs 45.

everything else should run 40.

[/quote']

I disagree, my fortune lady decks runs better at a higher amount, like 45, then at a lower amount, since the deck goes through itself fairly fast on a decent opening, and the system takes so much space to run right that I need to go higher to have enough power in the deck to actually make all the draw and search power matter.

honestly, fortune ladies are one of the very few decks that could run at 60 and still be a threat.

not saying it's a good idea to ever go over 50, but it's workable.

there's a minimum' date=' which also should be a maximum.

the only exception is 5th Gadget. that runs 45.

everything else should run 40.

[/quote']

I disagree, my fortune lady decks runs better at a higher amount, like 45, then at a lower amount, since the deck goes through itself fairly fast on a decent opening, and the system takes so much space to run right that I need to go higher to have enough power in the deck to actually make all the draw and search power matter.

honestly, fortune ladies are one of the very few decks that could run at 60 and still be a threat.

not saying it's a good idea to ever go over 50, but it's workable.

I ran Destiny Draw at 3, Allure at 2 and a bunch of searching cards and still left my deck at 40.

adding more cards just makes a deck that little bit worse.

Archived