Newb Defense League III [locked because remake]

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've started to write something. If you've played Majora's Mask, a lot of this you should know, but it's the beta prologue.

[spoiler=Prologue Beta]

Over time, many things come to an end. It’s destined to happen. However, some lands last forever, or close to it. One in particular was doomed to perish, and it was known as Termina. Near the end of it’s time span, a young lad clothed in green came, and he went through many trials. A poison swamp, a mountain plunged into eternal winter, a bay that was surrounded by murky waters, and a cursed land of the dead. Most should know the tale of what brought the land it’s redemption, but what started the affair? What brought the land its curse? Well, the past is there, and clues have been left. The curse of Termina, shall be ripped to pieces, and examined.

It started as the Goddesses were creating the realms. Hyrule had been created, and they were starting on the next realm. As they worked, they realized that they would be unable to watch after both Hyrule and the new realm. So, they created four Giants to guard each area in the realm. One was in the swamp, one went to the mountain range, another traveled to the bay, and the last traveled to the Kingdom of Ikana, although it wasn’t known as that at the time. Then, the areas were tied together by Termina Field. Finally, people were bestowed upon the land, and they started to build the Clock Town. At first, they worshiped the Goddesses, and things went well, until the Giants revealed themselves. They began to live with the people, and then, when the time to celebrate the harvest came, the Giants told them that they would guard the world as they slept, each in their own area of the land. They also told the people that if they needed help, to just call for them and they would come. A promise they would be unable to keep. As they left, a young imp who befriended the Giants cried out to them, “WHY? Why must you go?” he asked. They continued upon their way, not to be seen for a while.

As the time went by, the imp grew angry. He felt betrayed, and he proceeded to take his anger out upon the people of the world. After many of his misdeeds, they sang a song of prayer to each of the four Giants, and they came to help. With a roar, they came to the Clock Town, and told the imp this. “Oh imp. Oh imp. We are the protectors of these people, and though our friend you may have once been, you have tortured them! Leave this world, or we will tear you to shreds!” And so, the imp left the land, and realized that he had lost his old friends. The people lived in peace, and worshiped the Giants as gods. They cast aside the Goddesses, and at this point the land became known as Termina. The land destined to die. And so the people lived happily ever after... Or so they thought.

First attempt at actual writing, so yeah...

Well' date=' I've started to write something. If you've played Majora's Mask, a lot of this you should know, but it's the beta prologue.

[spoiler=Prologue Beta']

Over time, many things come to an end. It’s destined to happen. However, some lands last forever, or close to it. One in particular was doomed to perish, and it was known as Termina. Near the end of it’s time span, a young lad clothed in green came, and he went through many trials. A poison swamp, a mountain plunged into eternal winter, a bay that was surrounded by murky waters, and a cursed land of the dead. Most should know the tale of what brought the land it’s redemption, but what started the affair? What brought the land its curse? Well, the past is there, and clues have been left. The curse of Termina, shall be ripped to pieces, and examined.

It started as the Goddesses were creating the realms. Hyrule had been created, and they were starting on the next realm. As they worked, they realized that they would be unable to watch after both Hyrule and the new realm. So, they created four Giants to guard each area in the realm. One was in the swamp, one went to the mountain range, another traveled to the bay, and the last traveled to the Kingdom of Ikana, although it wasn’t known as that at the time. Then, the areas were tied together by Termina Field. Finally, people were bestowed upon the land, and they started to build the Clock Town. At first, they worshiped the Goddesses, and things went well, until the Giants revealed themselves. They began to live with the people, and then, when the time to celebrate the harvest came, the Giants told them that they would guard the world as they slept, each in their own area of the land. They also told the people that if they needed help, to just call for them and they would come. A promise they would be unable to keep. As they left, a young imp who befriended the Giants cried out to them, “WHY? Why must you go?” he asked. They continued upon their way, not to be seen for a while.

As the time went by, the imp grew angry. He felt betrayed, and he proceeded to take his anger out upon the people of the world. After many of his misdeeds, they sang a song of prayer to each of the four Giants, and they came to help. With a roar, they came to the Clock Town, and told the imp this. “Oh imp. Oh imp. We are the protectors of these people, and though our friend you may have once been, you have tortured them! Leave this world, or we will tear you to shreds!” And so, the imp left the land, and realized that he had lost his old friends. The people lived in peace, and worshiped the Giants as gods. They cast aside the Goddesses, and at this point the land became known as Termina. The land destined to die. And so the people lived happily ever after... Or so they thought.

First attempt at actual writing, so yeah...

Pretty much re-worded the in-game story.

It's pretty good.

@ Whamo: 'This card can only be Ritual Summoned' means that to get it from the hand to the field, you need to use the Ritual Spell. However, if that monster is Ritual Summoned and then destroyed, it can be re-Summoned with "Call of the Haunted" etc. because of the 'can only' part of the restrictions.

'This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Ritual Summon' is the Ritual Monster equivilent of 'This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion/Synchro Summon". If a Ritual Monster with that in its effect is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, it can't be re-Summoned and has to return to your hand or Deck.

Guest War Torn

I need some opinions on this effect...

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 Tuner monster from your Graveyard. When this card is used for a Synchro Summon, your opponent must discard cards equal to the amount of monsters used as Synchro Material Monsters. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can add 1 Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand.

Of course you had to. PEOPLE SAYS SOMETHING STUPID' date=' EVERYONE HAS BIG LAUGH. GOOD DAY SIR.

But yeah, of course you had to.

[/quote']

Saint sounds kind of like Snake, so I was propelled to do it.

I mean, if your username was just Dane or something it wouldn't sound right.

But yes, I had to.

Guest War Torn

Torn' date=' I can't see the cards.

EDIT: Wait, I have to click on the Pack. My bad. =D

[/quote']

Click the pack image. Then there will be spoilers for each card.

Torn' date=' I can't see the cards.

EDIT: Wait, I have to click on the Pack. My bad. =D

[/quote']

Click the pack image. Then there will be spoilers for each card.

I saw them. They're good, although I really don't know if I should post. I'll probably not know what I'm talking about.

Archived