Newb Defense League III [locked because remake]

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's added to Member List.

@ Lex:

If you control a face-up Field Spell Card, you can treat this card as a Continuous Spell Card. Your opponent cannot Set or activate Field Spell Cards. If you do not control a face-up Field Spell Card and you control this Continuous Spell Card, you can place this card in your Field Spell Card Zone. If you do, this card is not treated as a Continuous Spell Card.

I just had a brilliantly quick and convincing win with my Counter Fairies on "S.A.".

[spoiler=][b]Turn 1:[/b]

Me:

Set "Skelengel", "Dark Bribe" and "Destruction Jammer".

Jinzo:

Set 1 card and a monster.

Turn 2:

Me:

Flip Summoned "Skelengel", drew "Neo-Parshath". Tributed "Skelengel" for "Parshath" and Tributed that for "Neo-Parshath". Equipped "Neo-Parshath" with two "Cestus of Dagla" cards. Attacked Jinzo's face-down monster. Jinzo activated "M.S.T.", attempting to destroy one of the "Cestus of Dagla" cards, but I chained "Dark Bribe".

Face-down monster turns out to be "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter". Tried to destroy "Neo-Parshath" with "Ryko's" effect, but "Destruction Jammer" was chained, discarding "Majestic Mech-Ohka". Caused 3200 damage to Jinzo, and the "Cestus of Dagla" activated.

(Jinzo LP: 8000 -> 4800) (My LP: 8000 -> 14400)

Jinzo:

Activated "Monster Reborn", Special Summoning my "Majestic Mech-Ohka" in Defense Position.

Turn 3:

Me:

Attacked and destroyed "Ohka" with "Neo-Parshath". Sets "Trap Jammer".

(Jinzo LP: 4800 -> 2900) (My LP: 14400 -> 18200)

Jinzo:

Activated "Fiend's Sanctuary" and summoned a token.

Turn 4:

Me:

Drew and passed.

Jinzo:

Didn't pay the 1000 LP for the Metal Fiend Token and Set a card.

Turn 5:

Me:

Drew and activated "The Sanctuary in the Sky". (Neo-Parshath's ATK: 3300 -> 18600) Attacked directly. Jinzo activated "Mirror Force", but I chained "Trap Jammer", thus causing 18600 points of direct damage.

Fun times.

nice..a NDL without Pagehider...let's see how long it will take till he comes back

Im A mod..yippeh! ^^

I just had a brilliantly quick and convincing win with my Counter Fairies on "S.A.".

[spoiler=][b]Turn 1:[/b]

Me:

Set "Skelengel"' date=' "Dark Bribe" and "Destruction Jammer".

[b']Jinzo:[/b]

Set 1 card and a monster.

Turn 2:

Me:

Flip Summoned "Skelengel", drew "Neo-Parshath". Tributed "Skelengel" for "Parshath" and Tributed that for "Neo-Parshath". Equipped "Neo-Parshath" with two "Cestus of Dagla" cards. Attacked Jinzo's face-down monster. Jinzo activated "M.S.T.", attempting to destroy one of the "Cestus of Dagla" cards, but I chained "Dark Bribe".

Face-down monster turns out to be "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter". Tried to destroy "Neo-Parshath" with "Ryko's" effect, but "Destruction Jammer" was chained, discarding "Majestic Mech-Ohka". Caused 3200 damage to Jinzo, and the "Cestus of Dagla" activated.

(Jinzo LP: 8000 -> 4800) (My LP: 8000 -> 14400)

Jinzo:

Activated "Monster Reborn", Special Summoning my "Majestic Mech-Ohka" in Defense Position.

Turn 3:

Me:

Attacked and destroyed "Ohka" with "Neo-Parshath". Sets "Trap Jammer".

(Jinzo LP: 4800 -> 2900) (My LP: 14400 -> 18200)

Jinzo:

Activated "Fiend's Sanctuary" and summoned a token.

Turn 4:

Me:

Drew and passed.

Jinzo:

Didn't pay the 1000 LP for the Metal Fiend Token and Set a card.

Turn 5:

Me:

Drew and activated "The Sanctuary in the Sky". (Neo-Parshath's ATK: 3300 -> 18600) Attacked directly. Jinzo activated "Mirror Force", but I chained "Trap Jammer", thus causing 18600 points of direct damage.

Fun times.

I love such epic actions ^^..that's the way it goes xD

Hello 5D's' date=' glad to have you hear. Based on what I've seen of you around YCM, I'm sure you'll make an excellent member. Are you going to be bringing back the interviews, because I rather enjoyed those.

[/quote']

Thanks a lot :)

And yeah you can help if you like them that much

I loved those interviews, it's nice to see them making a return.

Hello 5D's' date=' glad to have you hear. Based on what I've seen of you around YCM, I'm sure you'll make an excellent member. Are you going to be bringing back the interviews, because I rather enjoyed those.

[/quote']

Thanks a lot :)

And yeah you can help if you like them that much

I loved those interviews, it's nice to see them making a return.

A new thread has been made its in genral

Glad to know that lots of people liked them :)

It was a good little duel.

Changing the subject, having looked around on the wikia at the new Synchro monsters that are being brought out; I've noticed something. "Goyo Guardian" is possibly the most overpowered card Konami makes at the moment. Not only is its effect very broken (compare "Reshef, the Dark Being": Level 8, Ritual, and only controls for a turn), but in terms of ATK and DEF, it beats almost all Synchro monsters.

What is incredible is that it even beats the Normal Synchro monsters of "Gaia, Force of Earth" (Level 6, 2600 ATK) and "Scrap Archfiend" (Level 7, 2700 ATK). Now, it was my understanding that Normal Monsters were generally supposed to have higher ATK than their Effect Monster counterparts (usable Normals that is). So how can Konami justify "Goyo Guardian's" ridiculously high ATK value? Also, its DEF isn't that bad. Compared to "Scrap Archfiend" (1800 DEF) and "Gaia" (800 DEF), its 2000 DEF means that a "Book of Moon" can't allow a Level 4 to defeat it.

It's ATK value is equal to the highest-ATK Level 7 Synchro monsters, who both have restrictions on what can be used as their Synchro Materials. It is higher than a large number of Level 8 Synchros as well and a "Banner of Courage" will put it equal to all Level 8 Synchros. I'm lost as to how Konami can claim "Goyo Guardian" is balanced...

wait a moment..

That easy to summon..(as easy as every other synchro)

2800 ATK

Special Summon the monster it destroys...!?

WTF

AND WHY THE HELL IS THIS LEVEL 6?

Now..what comes to my mind

Konami's cards belonging to the series..often are OP'd as hell (just remember the whole Orichalchos thing, the God-cards..)

And i guess..this card is gonna be limited for sure..i hope...so its just a collectors edition or whatever..xD

@ Dr.Gentle: It's broken, simple as. And yet some people I know who duel try to claim it's balanced. Konami hasn't responded to my emails asking the very same question.

@ Dark: I know that they're ruining the game. Maybe they've got a new director in or something...

Interestingly, "Goyo Guardian's" effect was already used on an earlier card, "Ghost Knight of Jackal". Now that was balanced: a Level 5 Beast-Warrior with 1700 ATK.

@ Lex: That seems like a fair theory.

@ Dark: That is a good idea! I just wonder what I would make an anime Deck from? (I need to remember not to have any staples...)

In the latest episode of 5Ds, the opponent set up a combo that involved swarming the field, only allowing the opponent to attack one monster, and then activating a Trap Card that, when you control 3 or more monsters, prevents your monsters from being destroyed.

And all the main characters thought it was an unbreakable combo... "Mystical Space Typhoon" comes to mind...

Archived