Newb Defense League III [locked because remake]

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah' date=' that actually is quite a food idea SD.

[/quote']

I could take advatage of that typo to make a witty remark, but I won't.

@ Dark: That is a good idea! I just wonder what I would make an anime Deck from? (I need to remember not to have any staples...)

In the latest episode of 5Ds' date=' the opponent set up a combo that involved swarming the field, only allowing the opponent to attack one monster, and then activating a Trap Card that, when you control 3 or more monsters, prevents your monsters from being destroyed.

And all the main characters thought it was an unbreakable combo... "Mystical Space Typhoon" comes to mind...

[/quote']

I have a build that could work in mind, but then again, it has staples, that doesn't work.

The anime people have never heard of staples, that or they are too rare to get.

The anime people have never heard of staples' date=' that or they are too rare to get.

[/quote']

"Lightning Vortex" is a common in more Structure Decks than I can name while "Breaker" is a common in both Spellcaster Structure Decks. And "M.S.T." and "Negate Attack" are not the rarest things out there. The only one that could be a problem is "Mirror Force", because that is rare in the sets it appears in, but because it's been around for so long, it can be obtained.

Also, I seem to have come up with an interesting stall combo using the "Counter Fairies" and "Airknight Parshath". Since my Deck includes a pair of "Emperor Sems" because they have 2200 DEF, I have been able to use their combined effects to my advantage.

I had "Emperor Sem", "Airknight Parshath" and "Bountiful Artemis" face-up. When I Tribute Summoned "Parshath", I had activated "Sem's" effect, returning "Drastic Drop Off" to the top of my Deck. My opponent had done the same, returning their "Future Fusion".

So, "Parshath" attacked, allowing me to draw "Drastic Drop Off". I set it to end my turn. When my opponent drew "Future Fusion", I activated "Drastic Drop Off", forcing them to discard and "Artemis" allowed me to draw 1 card.

In the end, I was one card up and a good trap was re-used, while my opponent had the same hand they had started the turn with. I thought it was interesting.

I've recently been making Decks to duel against in "S.A." to simulate duels in my fanfic. And sometimes, the duels become really exciting. For example, "Counter Fairies" vs. "WIND Turbo" went down to me with 150 LP while they still had 3750. And at one time they had an entire slew of monsters, all directly attacking, and yet my LP did not drop to 0. (Thanks to "Meltiel's" LP gaining effect).

im dueling right now..an i recently realized how powerful "Legendary Fiend" is O.o

just survive 2 rounds to control a 2900 ATK level 6 monster...

and it can be Summoned with Mystic Tomato

just started playing on GBA emulator (GX Duel Academy)..

16:0 streak..this game is easy as hell xD

well..

i hate this "lucky" way of dueling..that has nothing to do with skill

I love the deck i use.

The totally OP'd creator isnt even limited..

i have 2 of them by now..and also 2 creator incarnates

that makes me unbeatable..19:0 streak by now..and i promoted to Average Duelist..and im in Ra Yellow now ^^ within a 1/2 hour

Guest Striker

I could use a fix Max...

Born from shadows this creature was. Light and darkness both wanted this beast on their side. Synchro Summon! Come out and cast your reign of terror, Dragon de Sombra!

128884.jpg

2 Tuner monsters + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, remove 1 card from your opponent's hand from play. If this card destroys a LIGHT monster, remove 2 cards from your opponent's Graveyard from play. If this card destroys a non-LIGHT monster, your opponent choses 1 card from their Deck to remove from play. For every card your opponent removes from play from this card, add 1 "Shadow Counter" (max. 15). When this card is destroyed, remove from play cards equal to the amount of Counters on this card. If this card is Special Summoned, return half of the cards you removed from play from this card's effect to your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.

My Reality Set Thread still exists, why would yours be deleted?

Perhaps it's a to-be-sorted-out glitch. My cards have returned...just.

@ Striker: Your dragon seems broken. Whenever it destroys a monster, it RFPs either from the Deck or Graveyard. And then, when your opponent either overpowers it or blows it up, you could RFP up to half your opponent's Deck! Where's the balance?

Actually, when it is destroyed, the owner must remove from play cards equal to the amount of Counters.

It doesn't say that. It simply says 'remove from play cards', not giving a location. And even if it is from your Deck or Graveyard, when you Special Summon it, you get half of them back. Again, where is the balance?

Guest Striker

When this card is Synchro Summoned, remove 1 card from your opponent's hand from play. If this card destroys a LIGHT monster, remove 2 cards from your opponent's Graveyard from play. If this card destroys a non-LIGHT monster, your opponent choses 1 card from their Deck to remove from play.

How cards are removed from play.

For every card your opponent removes from play from this card, add 1 "Shadow Counter" (max. 15).

What happens when cards are removed from play.

When this card is destroyed, you must remove from play cards equal to the amount of Counters on this card.

What happens when this card is destroyed

If this card is Special Summoned, return half of the cards you removed from play from this card's effect to your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck. This effect can only be used once per duel. After you shuffle your Deck, this card's effect is negated/

What happens if this card is Special Summoned.

I fixed the effect a bit.

I'd reduce the ATK to 3000. You still need to specify whether you RFP the cards from. So it would go:

"When this card is destroyed, remove from play cards from your hand, Deck or Graveyard equal to the number of Shadow Counters on this card."

Off-topic, I've applied what Konami has recently been doing with Synchro monsters to Ritual monsters to make them more powerful and brutal. Here are some of the results:

vknkh.png

Now, while this may seem underpowered, it's true strength comes from what is sacrificed to summon it:

9s3qdg.png2im4012.png

crz0k.png

Basically, depending on what monsters you tribute to summon it, the more powerful and the more varied its abilities become.

Archived