Lock please.

Leonidas135

Question

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest JoshIcy

No one can be banned without reason.

I'd beg to differ. We can ban anyone simply for being an idiot, but thats unethical and people would go apecrap on us.

he spliced it not edited the tail is from someone els check google The ears are from another fakemon and the colour scheme is from another fakemon. I'll go find them and post them so you can see it was a splice. And copyright means you are not allowed to use it whether you state it is yours or not just like ripping on this site.

Also jmax even if my point was proven right I don't expect them to let him back in I was just trying to find out why he got banned for splicing and no one else has and it seems to me like it was just personal preference.

Ripping is using someone else's work and claiming it as his own. He did not claim it as his own not once did he state it was his he even said here is a splice I made. Where does it imply that it was his and if you say he did not give credit for the millionth time his sig gives credit to everyone. So he did not rip in fact he ripped less than the people who use pokemon you are telling lies to everyone to justify your actions.

Posting Ripped Art is like taking a Big Mac and saying that you cooked it, it's stealing and deserves a harsh punishment.

It's more that he took four peoples work and mixed them together and told everyone that he mixed other peoples stuff together to make it so please don't join in a discussion until you know all the facts.

He said it was a splice and his sig states that all stuff used in his splices are not his. So what part of it was ripping?

Leoniadas as in the Spartan der and look at the join time I have bean here a while and I really am sorry I asked this is turning into one hell of a spam fest and bakugan seriously you have no taste and It's bean Raining here for the past 4 days we live in England rain is our best weather.

since your part of staff I will answer. One neries has a sig which clearly states that he does not own any of the work he uses in his splices. Two correct me if I'm wrong but last I check the rules state that you don't have to credit the work unless the owner of the work asks for it. Three he has sent a message to the owner of the work explaining that he used his work without knowing it was his and offered to take the stuff off the site if the owner requested. Four Jappio was the only member who stated that he had produced works that caused copyright infringements.

Just so everyone knows all non mods posting on this thread are mini moding unless the mods say I'm wrong.

9/10th of Deviant Art's work isn't copyrighted, and that stuff has been solved long ago, shut up. 1. don't tell me to shut up you are not a mod so you have no right to tell me to do anything also all diviantart is automatically given a copyright. Also am I right in saying that you are arguing that if it is illegal we can do it but if it's not we can't and we will get banned. If I am wrong please explain why.

And could I say again all non mods are not allowed to post on this thread that has already bean mentioned.

HE STOLE THE SPLICE FROM ANOTHER MEMBER IN THE FORUM OR OUT OF THE FORUM.

=/

he used it the same way people make there avatars and card images and it gives full credit. So what do you define as steeling.

He may not have stated it was his own, but he never stated it wasn't his.

He said it was a splice and his sig states that all stuff used in his splices are not his.

So yes he did state it was not his he did not rip.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

1) Well, yes. That's very unprofessional splicing, though.

2) That's for pictures on generated cards. YCM isn't about splicing, so internet law applies there -- you MUST, under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, credit the owner of sprites used IN THE SAME POST, as I did on my sprite comics. And if this Neries guy was banned, I'm guessing he was selling them in some way, which is very much against the rules and the law.

3) Permission: doing it wrong.

4) Who cares how many whistle-blowers they are? It's still a crime, regardless of the number of witnesses.

If a member raises a very valid point with a moderator against another member of the moderator team, it will be looked into.

They're not mini modding, they're helping enforce a point.

Okay sir/mam I'm sorry.

Random randomness.

Rule 3: No illegal content

Simply, it is prohibited for users to post any content that breaks any laws or infringes copyright. This includes, but is not limited to, information and resources relating to hacking, promotion of terrorism (including cyber-terrorism), and so on. If you are unsure, feel free to PM a member of staff and ask for clarification before you make your post.

Leoniadas as in the Spartan der and look at the join time I have bean here a while and I really am sorry I asked this is turning into one hell of a spam fest and bakugan seriously you have no taste and It's bean Raining here for the past 4 days we live in England rain is our best weather.

He never said he liked bakugan

and that last part had no reason

I'd like to point out this user sounds and acts a lot like Neries. Also I've never seen him until Neries was banned, but then he pops up in some of Neries old hang out places. Also I don't know too many people who blindly defend thieves. Oh and he claims Neries tried to contact the original spriter, but I don't recall Neries once mentioning that, wonder how this guy knew. Just going to say it's a little weird and suspicious overall.

Guest +Kokonoe

As stated along time ago I live not far away from neries and I know him personally so your accusation was uncalled for. I have not long received an email from him telling me he has been banned for the problem that I witnessed my self he had a PM from glasstin10 that he was sorry to bother neries and that he was just checking which means it was dealt with but now he has been banned for that with no warning from a mod he just got told it was okay then banned that means glasstin10 lied to him.

4) Who cares how many whistle-blowers they are? It's still a crime, regardless of the number of witnesses

Does this mean Jappio was guilty to and should be punished or is it okay to steal Copyrighted or Trademarked metirial.

I'm sorry, but your story is so completely unbelievable. You live not far away from Neries, so he comes to you and consults to you about problems he has over the internet when he could be living his life?

Also, he got banned because it was a ban-able offence. Simple as.

Oh, you and your silly antics. If Jappio gets banned, then so should all sprites. If Nintendo didn't want us using their sprites for spriting/splicing, they would of put a law against long ago, wouldn't they?

Leonidas, for real, shut the hell up.

Even though he might have stated that the splices weren't his apparently someone had trouble with him using it and reported it.

Shut up and stop trying, Neries is banned for ripping, and you will in no way be able to prove the moderators wrong.

If he uses them without proper permission of the official creator it is classed as ripping, stating he doesn't own them, or not.

inb4irequestlock (:

Neries did not claim them as his own he claimed them to be splices of other peoples work that he made and so what are we allowed to splice and what are we not allowed to splice there must be a list since it seems to be that it's okay to rip pokemon but not fakemon.

Please could I have a list to explain which ones are okay and which ones are not.

Archived