Trio of DEF

Guest Fusion X. Denver

"But it was after a lot of sacrifices and harships that we managed to get here. We should never forget those who laid their lives down to protect our world and our freedom. I've lost friends in this war and I want to pay tribute to them. Rag, Saturn, Deus, Day, Hito, Dranzer, Nin-pimp, I'll miss you guys."

Just wanted to point out this mistake in chapter 36 as El is talking to the crowd, right before Chibi Bacon starts to play.

Harhar

And

""I'm not proud. Ken was always an acquaintance of mine and he was a brilliant mind. It's unfortunate we lost such a brilliant scientist. But I couldn't let myself fail. Oh, I should mention this too. I have what you could call the 'master control' to all of the nanobots. It's inside my body and it's connected to every vital organs."

FUSION!!!

Why must you be so epic XDDD

Seriously I LOVED the Epilogue and how you had me and Lora in it.

Personally I was mad at Al calling me a "skank", but he is a kid so . . . what does he know?

I can't stop laughing at the fact I still ONLY run the Hotel, but it is good, seeing as I still am up to my old ways perverting the minds of innocent children >BDDD

There is SO many things I want to cover with Lora and My scenes, but even everyone's XD

I am also kind've confused with who is whose kid- seeing as they call everyone Aunt and Uncle.

Trio of DEF Family Tree please? 83

There is SO many things I want to cover with Lora and My scenes, but even everyone's XD

I am also kind've confused with who is whose kid- seeing as they call everyone Aunt and Uncle.

Trio of DEF Family Tree please? 83

"Aunt" and "Uncle" are commonly used for close friends who aren't family. Sort of like how I call my mom's best friend Ms. Karen.

Example of ACTUAL uncle is Dane to Amelia.

Also

I WANT TO SHOOT DANIEL NOW >>

Glad to hear you liked it, Andx.

Although...

This new dog is ANDX <-your name.

The old dog was ANDEX.

So...

:3

Oh you, trying to conveniently make it seem like you had not in fact been including me at all until this point and had really intended the original dog to be my grandfather this whole time by a simple letter being taken out of a name. U so funneh Fuse. :'D

[spoiler=Epilogue]

The alarm clock went off at 6:00 A.M on the brisk, March morning with a shrilling cry that pierced any eardrums within the vicinity. A hand clumsily felt around for the clock and then hit the snooze button. However, before its owner could delve back into the land of dreams, his mother burst in the door.

“Honey,” she uttered with a sing-song melody. “Are you going to force me to drag you out of bed again?”

The boy felt a shiver up his spine, immediately springing off the bed onto his feet. “No, no, I’m good, mom.”

“Good,” she replied. “Your breakfast is downstairs. Hurry before it gets cold.” She shut the door, leaving her son alone for him to get dressed. He opened his closet door and stared at his reflection at the mirror hanging behind it. Staring back at him was a typical 16 year old guy: slightly above average height, mid-length brown hair, brown eyes, and a well-built physique. He paused for a moment to flex his muscles in admiration before snapping out of it and putting on a new pair of clothes. After spraying a bit of Axe deodorant in all the necessary spots, he dashed out the door and flew down the stairs, snatching the buttered toast from the kitchen counter.

As he plopped himself onto his living room couch, he called out, “Where’s dad?”

“He’s still away on vacation. He should be back today.”

“I thought he was supposed to come home last night?”

His mother shrugged. “Something came up. You know how your father is.”

He rolled his eyes, turning on the TV while eating his toast. His eyes perked up as he saw a familiar face on the screen. Rivaling the likes of Katie Couric, Clair Brady stole the scene despite the awesome might of the newly built stadium behind her. She stood outside in the brisk wintry breeze, unfazed by the chilling winds as she captivated her viewers with her report. “Out here is the brand new Yugo Bowl, which has just recently finished its renovations. It’s thanks to the donations of Thomas King that have made the re-opening of this mighty spectacle. The famous NBA basketball player has recently retired from his illustrious basketball career in order to pursue another dream of his. You can look forward to seeing Mr. King in Hollywood this summer in the sure-to-be-a-hit blockbuster, ‘Fall of the Royal Family’.”

That trailer did look pretty sick… the boy thought, munching on the last bit of his toast.

“Joining me here today is a man that has recently made headlines as a Status-gone-good, Nobuo Beginning. Once a part of the infamous Status faction that caused an uproar during the Inactive War, Nobuo Beginning has since achieved redemption through his selfless acts of justice and helping other criminals see the error of their ways in his efforts at fighting crime as the vigilante, Finale, and as helping troubled criminals in Yugo Prison as its head doctor. For those who don't know, the crime rate in Yugo City has risen ever so slightly since the departure of Emperor Aito one week ago. It's why some of you may be unfamiliar with the name Finale, but it's my hope I can help you get to know the real Nobuo Beginning today.”

A tall man with purple hair nodded to the camera, saying, “Thank you Clair, it’s an honor to be here.”

“So tell me, Nobuo, how’s it feel to be back in our society and doing good deeds?”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say I’m as great as everyone thinks; I can be a jerk sometimes. I mean, I was a cold-hearted criminal until just a little while ago. But I can say that looking back on it all, I’m happy with where I am today.”

Clair nodded. “I’ve heard you’ve been working on a book. Can you tell us something about that?”

Nobuo answered, “It doesn’t have a title yet, but it’s half of an autobiography and half of a guide reaching out to people who feel that they’ve delved too far into crime. I want to help people see that they’re perfectly capable of changing themselves and can make a difference.”

Clair smiled. “Well, I look forward to reading it! It sounds a lot like the book I’ve been working on.”

Nobuo grinned. “I’ve already ordered it on Amazon. Can’t wait to read it.”

Clair giggled. “Thanks, Nobuo! To those watching, if you want to find out more about Nobuo Beginning, visit our website at

www.yugonews.org for my full interview with Nobuo there. Stay tuned for the debut of yet another dazzling new invention made by the mad genius, Arm-”

Al! You’re going to be late for school!”

Al glanced at his watch. “Mom, it’s a quarter after six. I’ve got plenty of-”

Before Al knew it, he was standing outside his house with his backpack and lunch thrust into his hands before the door slammed behind him. Heaving a sigh, he started his trek towards Yugo High. As he approached the street corner, he spotted a blond kid walking with a backpack slung over his shoulder. “Hey!

Daniel!”

Daniel turned to see Al running over. Smirking, he bumped fists with him. “What’s good, man? It’s weird seeing you up so early.”

“I know,” Al replied, scowling. “My mom wanted me out of the house early for some reason.”

Daniel shrugged. “Maybe she’s seeing someone?”

Al objected, “No way! Mom wouldn’t cheat on-”

“Relax, I meant like a friend or something. I don’t know man, I’m not psychic.”

“Whatever…so how’d that party go last night?”

Daniel grinned. “It was so sick, dude! I love having Hiru as a cousin! Dude got me into this college party and we met sooo many chicks, man.”

“You get laid?”

Daniel’s shoulders sagged. “I got close…but then my license of all things fell out of my pocket when she got on top of me. F*cking frat kicked me out before I could pull out my claws.”

“Dude, you shouldn’t be having those on you all the time. It’s a miracle the school hasn’t caught you yet.”

Daniel shrugged. “You can never be too careful, man. Ever since that mugging last year, I wanted to make sure I’d never be caught off guard again.”

“I’d hardly call my grandpa jumping you a mugging…” Al muttered. “You’re just overreacting to a prank.”

Daniel grunted. “I take these kinds of things seriously, you know. I like joking around, but your grandpa can get excessive.”

“Got me there,” Al agreed. “That reminds me, are you going to prom?”

Daniel raised an eyebrow. “That’s two months away. You’re thinking about it now?”

Al shrugged. “Junior prom’s a big deal, isn’t it?”

“To some people it is. But to answer your question, I’m not sure yet. Why, are you taking someone?”

Al looked away. “I dunno.”

Daniel smiled to himself, facing forward. “Wow, we’re at school already.”

Al snapped out of his thoughts and walked alongside Daniel up the stairs into the front doors of Yugo High. As they walked in, they spotted a lady sporting long, strawberry-blond hair lecturing a kid who was holding a spray can. Graffiti decorated the wall of lockers beside them. Al and Daniel found themselves checking out the teacher’s rear end tightly clasped by her skirt.

“The art teacher’s hot…” Al muttered.

“Ms. Valiant’s a goddess…” Daniel murmured. “Remember when she had us spend a Saturday detention cleaning the art room?”

“Best detention ever,” Al agreed. “You know, I heard she dated that pro skateboarder, Niashi Inumaki.”

“I think that was a rumor, but I’m not sure,” Daniel argued. “I heard she had something going on with that guy, Finale.”

“I saw him being interviewed by aunt Clair on TV this morning. He’s got some book coming out or something.”

Daniel shrugged. “Eh, I’m not much of a reader, though.”

“That’s a terrible thing to say considering your dad’s an author.”

“Well hey, I read his books, but that’s it really.”

Al grinned. “Remember that book we had to read for science class? I think you almost killed yourself cuz there wasn’t a SparkNotes version.”

Daniel groaned, “Oh God, don’t remind me. I never got along well with Mr. Maximus either to be honest.”

“You know, I heard a rumor he and Ms. Valiant were seeing each other.”

Daniel looked at him. “I think Ms. Valiant’s a skank, dude.”

Al shrugged. “They’re just rumors. She might not have seen any of them for all we know.”

Both boys approached their lockers, unloading their luggage while searching for their needed materials for first period. “Say, Al, how’s your new toy working out?”

Al grimaced. “You mean the Bloncordo Sword? Yeah, my dad made a big deal about passing it down to me. He said all this other crap about it being one half of a legendary blade passed down to him by some samurai he knew. It’s all bull.”

“Is it that unbelievable?” Daniel asked. “Our dads defeated Life, you know. There could have been a samurai in the Banned.”

“None of that concerns me or anyone else anymore though,” Al retorted, slamming his locker shut. “It’s been like, what, 20 years since then?”

“25 actually,”

“Whatever. Either way, our dads haven’t made a big deal about their fame, so why should we?”

“But the original point was whether your dad could have known a samurai or not.”

“…shut up.”

“Make, Link!” Both boys turned around, a steady sensation of nausea hitting them as they saw the school principal glaring at them. “What are you doing?”

Daniel smirked. “Nothing much, sir. Just preparing ourselves ahead of time for first period. After having visited your office so many times, we just can’t bear disappointing you any further.”

The principal sighed, burying his head in his palm. “It’s clear you two forgot about the school assembly this morning. The one I notified everyone about a week ago?”

Al and Daniel looked around, noticing they were the only three people in the entire hallway. “Oh…”

"So that's why my mom kicked me out early!" Al deduced.

The principal sighed. “Get you’re a*ses over to the auditorium before I put you in detention again.” Al and Daniel took off, dashing to the auditorium as Ms. Valiant walked past them.

“Are those boys bugging you again, Chase?”

“Talk about one hell of a handful. They’re just like their fathers.”

“Eeesh, someone’s stingy today.”

“Not in the mood, Lora. I’ve been feeling stressed lately.”

Lora frowned. “Is it anything to do with your uncle?”

Chase sighed. “His work’s been killing him ever since he replaced Frunk as our mayor. And not to mention the grief he’s getting from Wahreit.”

Lora placed a hand on his shoulder. “Well, hey, don’t let it get to you too much. Your uncle’s a strong man, he’ll get through this.”

“He’d have to be strong to run this school…” Chase muttered.

Al and Daniel sat next to each other, exchanging blank expressions as the class received a lecture from two guests. It wouldn’t have been so bad if it wasn’t a health class. And if the lecture wasn’t about sexual education. A man with wild white hair boasted, “Hello there, kids! My name is Raiden; you may have heard my name in your history class. That’s because I was once a part of the RP. 820 faction! Nowadays, I spend my time in between jobs and living the good life! And this here is an old colleague of mine, Jake Valiant!”

Jake tipped his hat, giving a broad grin to the class. “Today, your health teacher asked if the two of us could come educate you all about sex. Since apparently half of this school partakes in it, we want to make sure you all know what you need to know.”

“I think I’m gonna kill myself…” Al muttered.

“I’ll give you this rusty nail I found after I slit my wrists…” Daniel murmured back.

“That’s morbid…”

“More so than this?”

“Good point.”

Jake bent down behind the desk and pulled out a mannequin. “Okay, so first off, we’ll establish the differences between a man and a woman.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a hot dog, sticking it into a hole found in between the mannequin’s legs. “Can anyone tell me what this is?”

Before Jake and Raiden could ask someone to please answer their question, the door barged open. Lora stormed in, glaring at the pair. “Dad…what the hell?”

Jake quivered in his boots. “Relax, Lora! We’re here speaking on the behalf of-”

“I found Mr. Kuchiki tied up and gagged in the janitor’s closet after hearing his muffled cries for help. How’s that?”

Raiden said, “Okay, look. Byakuya screwed me over on something, so I wanted to get back at him so I asked Jake for help.”

“It sounded fun!” Jake added.

“Scarring the minds of innocent kids and bounding a helpless health teacher is fun to you?”

“Yes.”

“Hey, it could have been worse! At least I didn’t rape him with tenta-” Raiden never finished as Lora delivered an earth-shattering punch to his face, sending him flying into the wall.

“GO BACK TO THE HOTEL!” Lora yelled.

“OKAY, SWEETIE!” Jake replied. Before leaping out the window, he shouted, "Kids, if you ever need a place to stay, come to the Yugo Ultra Hotel! We serve our guests properly and we've even started expanding to other areas like Jap-"

"OUT!" Lora sullenly turned to the students, all of them wide-eyed at the spectacle. “Free period.”

Al and Daniel sat down in the outside cafeteria. Out to their right was Yugo Bay, where dozens of cargo ships and cruise liners were stationed. “I wonder if we’ll see Remo around here.”

Daniel raised an eyebrow. “Who, Mr. Fandon? Actually, he should be coming in today. Today’s the day, you know.”

“Oh man, that’s right. I completely forgot about it.”

“You’re so forgetful, it hurts my brain cells, Al.”

“Like you’re one to talk.”

Daniel ignored him. “Look, there he is.” The boys peered out, glimpsing a large, white ship sailing into the bay. At the head of it stood a man who held a rapier in the air. His long, dark hair fluttered behind him as they sailed against the wind.

“YO REMO!” Al yelled. Remo spun around, losing his footing before tumbling over the edge into the water.

“What have you done…” Daniel murmured.

“Whoops,” Al shrugged and went back to eating his burger. “He’s had worse.”

“Why do you call him Remo, anyways? Shouldn’t you be a little more respectful to an important Marine captain?”

“My dad told me it’s okay to treat Remo like a kid. So I call him Remo.”

Daniel shrugged, popping a french fry into his mouth. He glanced up, noticing two girls walking over. His eyes fluttered over the one on the right. She sported big headphones wrapped around her flowing, blue hair. He found himself eying her entire figure, entranced by whatever wasn’t covered in clothing. Huh...someone’s dressing up today… “Look alive, dude. You want to get her attention, right?” Daniel blinked, seeing that Al was staring off into space, his mouth hanging open. “Uh…Earth to Al? You there?”

Al took no notice. He was hypnotized by her red dress, her matching boots, the heart she cradled in her hand. Al stopped. That was the gift he gave to her on Valentine’s Day. Not a proclamation of love by any means, but he knew she was into that kind of thing and wanted to make her day feel even better by getting her that pocket-watch. She’s still using my lame gift? The one idiotic move I could have made? She’s actually using a pocket-watch? Al silently cheered as he waved. “

Lisa, Amelia, what’s up?”

The girls waved back, sitting across from them. Lisa brushed her long, brown hair back as she held up the heart pocket-watch. “Al, I’ve been meaning to tell you how useful this thing is. It woke me up early and I actually made it on time today!”

“Aren’t you lucky?” Daniel quipped. “Principal Maker caught us joking around when we didn’t even know about the stupid assembly. I mean, who holds these things half an hour before school starts?”

Amelia rolled her eyes. “Relax, Daniel. You know Mr. Maker likes you guys deep down.”

Way down,” Al murmured.

Deep down,” Daniel repeated.

“Deeper than Atlantis,”

"Deeper than the Grand Canyon,"

“Deeper than the Earth’s core,”

“Deeper than the depths of Hell,”

Lisa narrowed her eyes. “Okay, you two. Calm yourselves.”

Al shrugged. “Can you blame us? He’s cool to us outside of school, sure, but in school, he acts like we always pull the fire alarm or something.”

Suddenly, a black-haired boy jumped over to their table. “Did somebody call 9-1-1?”

The four of them jumped. “Jeez, don’t scare us like that!” Amelia yelled.

The kid grinned, ruffling her hair. “Amelia, you a shawtie burnin’ on the dance floor?”

Al rubbed his temples. “

Zugai Hollow. What ancient piece of music are you quoting this time?”

“Sean Kingston,” Zugai replied. “He’s good, you should look him up later.”

“You want to sit with us?” Daniel asked.

“Sorry,” Zugai replied. “I actually got to jet. My folks are letting me get out early so I can help set up.”

“That’s right, today’s the day, isn’t it?” Lisa asked.

Zugai grinned. “You know it. And my parents are tight with all those high-ranking guys, so I’ll get a front row seat! Anyways, catch you guys later!” He ran off, leaving the four of them at their table.

“So what else is going on?” Daniel asked.

“Well,” Amelia started, grabbing a french fry. “My uncle’s working on that court case he has to go through soon. He’s pretty stressed about it.”

“Isn’t he defending that crazy Wynn guy?” Al asked.

“That man should be locked up in the insane asylum and be done with it…” Lisa muttered.

Amelia shrugged. “My uncle thinks so too, but he doesn’t have a choice. He’s going to plead for insanity, which may or may not pass. Otherwise, Mr. Freed will see to it he’s sentenced to death.”

“You got to wonder how guys like him keep escaping,” Daniel wondered. “Do the police suck that badly?”

“Well, it’s not like they’re in practice,” Al argued. “Crime’s been down for a long time now. Creator’s seen to that.”

“Who?”

Al grimaced. “Emperor Aito.”

“Oh, him,” Amelia slumped. “He left his throne like a week ago, didn’t he?”

“Which brings us to today!” Daniel answered. “Where everything will supposedly get better.”

“Crime will probably pick up again now that no one’s worrying about nanobots in their heads,” Al added. “So we should probably be more careful when walking home.”

The bell rang, prompting a groan from the majority of kids outside. “Oh, hey,” Lisa called out. “I think all our families are having dinner at Powerforce. Head there after school, okay?”

“I was actually gonna go to the mall first,” Al replied. “My aunt’s birthday is coming up, I need to get a gift.”

“Oh, can I help you pick something out?”

Al’s heart skipped a beat. “Yeah, sure. See you after school.”

“Peace!”

1 week ago…

The room was empty. The red carpet had been replaced with a marble floor, matching the many pillars scattered across the room. As the visitor strolled in, he glanced to the mirror walls, seeing infinite copies of his reflection staring back at him. He approached his desk, booting up his computer before accessing his secret files. The green screen reflected off his glasses, dulling his senses ever so slightly while he diligently searched for what he was looking for. Finally, he slicked his blond hair back and rested against the back of his chair. “How are you today, PROTO?”

The computer answered, “Same as usual, sir. Not doing much.”

“It’s just about time, PROTO.”

“Seriously? I thought it’d last longer.”

He smirked. “No, it turns out mankind has greater potential than I previously conceived. I’ve already come to the realization that they don’t need me anymore.”

“To be fair, I don’t think they needed you in the first place.”

He shrugged. “What point is there in speculation over what could have been? What’s done is done. Besides, the fact they needed me was irrelevant to my intentions.”

“…which were?”

“World domination, PROTO. I’ve lived like a king for 25 years and it’s been fun as hell. This tower has served me well as a private base for me to work on all the projects I could think of. With all the resources and manpower in the world for me to work with, I’ve made things I never imagined I’d get to in my lifetime.” He walked over to his closet, pulling out a purple cloak. “You could say I’ve achieved my dream. And what greater satisfaction in life can you get than that?”

“I would say love, sir.”

He fell silent, holding his cloak in the doorway. “Yes…I suppose that is just as great.” He paced to his desk, his eyes drifting on a framed picture holding the portrait of a beautiful woman in a black dress. “I suppose that’s the price I have paid to achieve my dreams.”

“Will you go see them?”

His eyes scanned across the desk, settling on another

picture of two girls. “No. I would never shoulder them with the burden of my true identity.”

“I suppose that’s logical. So, what’ll you do now, Creator?”

Creator turned around, staring out the window. “I’m going to see the world, PROTO. I may have been able to see most of it from my various visits across the globe, but it’s not the same experience. Wherever I go, I’ll let fate guide me to whatever step I’ll take next.”

“Will you ever come back?”

“Who knows? It’s not like anyone’s waiting for me here.” PROTO said nothing, silently humming as Creator gazed out the window. Finally, he asked, “Would you like to come with me?”

“Well, it’s not like I have anything better to do,” PROTO replied. “Can I ask a favor though?”

“What’s that?”

“You mind if I split a part of myself into a PROTO unit? It’s that part of me that wants to stay in Yugo. There’s this particular faction that always looked fun to me, so…”

“On one condition,” Creator replied. “Wipe its memories. Seal off any connections from me and you have yourself a deal.”

“Yes sir,” PROTO replied, beginning to go to work.

“By the way, have you already seen to it?”

“Yes,” PROTO replied. “All of the nanobots have detached themselves and are heading out. All of them will be pooped out within the next few hours.”

“Thanks…thanks for that,” Creator muttered. He put on the cloak, unsheathing a pistol from his waist. “Are you ready?”

“One sec,” the computer began to morph, growing arms and legs, sprouting a head, and unleashing rocket boosters in its back. Creator narrowed his eyes as PROTO burst through the ceiling. “…sorry about that.” PROTO quickly shrunk itself until it was Creator’s height. “Where to first?”

“Let’s travel past the Reality Valleys. There's a channel hidden deep underwater in Lake Suggestion that leads out to sea. We'll wing it from there.” Creator pulled the trigger, shattering the window. “Let’s book it. I’d expect the Organization to be on our tails soon enough.” He grabbed onto PROTO and flew out of the tower, heading for the bay as several soldiers clad in black stormed into the room, branding guns, swords, and grenades.

“He’s gone.” A man walked past the soldiers, taking off his sunglasses to properly assess the scene. “Call Emma Comali and have her send the Black Ops after him, immediately.”

“Yes sir, Mr. Frohawk!”

Nexev turned to his men. “Set up a perimeter and get me two of the best private eyes available. See if Dane Layton or Leo Freed is available.” What happens now?

Al gulped. I didn’t see Lisa when school got out. Did she forget? Maybe I didn’t see her because I went straight for the mall. Was I duped? No, no way. Lisa would never do that. I’m an idiot for even considering that. But where is she? What if something happened to her? Wait, wait, back up. Why am I getting all flustered? She’s probably fine and on her way over. I should focus on finding aunt Rogue something g-

“Hey, Al!”

Al whipped around, stopping himself from screaming as he faced Lisa. He was taken aback. “Lisa…you wear glasses?”

Lisa blushed, adjusting the spectacles on her face. “One of my contacts fell out during last period and I couldn’t find it. I had to rush home and grab these so I wouldn’t be walking blind.”

“Oh,” Al replied. “Yeah, that’s cool. So uh, any idea on what I should get her?”

Lisa pondered for a moment. “Well, what does your aunt like?”

“Let’s see…giant fans, weapons, exercise equipment, weapons, hot springs, did I mention weapons?”

Lisa giggled. “Maybe a new weapon would be good?”

Al shook his head. “She’s got everything she needs at my grandpa’s store.”

“Maybe a dress?”

Al grimaced. The last time he went shopping for clothes, he was stuck at the mall for almost an entire day. “Eh…I don’t think she cares much about that kind of stuff.”

Lisa shrugged. “Let’s just browse then. Something should turn up.”

Al nodded, walking beside her as they checked out the various stores. Is this for real? The two of us are hanging out alone? I don’t think this has happened since we were, like, five. Man, what should I say? Why am I so uninteresting when it’s just her? I talk with Amelia and other girls just fine, but with her-

“Gangway!” Al looked behind him, grabbing Lisa and leaping to the side as a man sped past them. The man bore a toothy grin, the only identifiable characteristic on his face since the rest was obscured by long, blond bangs. “If anybody comes near me, I’ll cut them in two!” He gasped as he saw someone drop down in front of him, skidding to a stop. “You just don’t give up…”

The man grinned, crossing his arms. His muscles bulged from beneath his shirt as he covered a yawn. “Bel, just how long are you planning on doing this dance with me?”

“You’re the one who keeps coming after me, Sonic!” Bel cried. He tossed a knife at Sonic, his spirits deflating as Sonic merely caught the blade in between his fingers.

“You lack focus, Bel. Maybe that’s why you suck at pulling off crime sprees. Creator probably never bothered killing you because you sucked so bad.”

“Shut it!” As Bel ran towards Sonic with his knife, a figure dashed toward them, blocking the knife with a giant key. Bel glanced over to the newcomer. “Wha-”

“See ya,” he muttered as he slashed up. Bel sagged to his knees, losing consciousness as the wound on his chest began to bleed.

“Sora, that was too much,” Sonic lectured. “A blow to the back of the head would have been enough.”

“You’re welcome,” Sora replied. “I can’t believe a Mod needed his own apprentice to come to his aid.”

“The whole point of bringing you along was to test your progress,” Sonic countered. “You certainly know how to wield your blade, but you lack wisdom.”

“And you act like you’ve got it…”

Sonic sighed. “You’ll learn soon enough.” He looked up, spotting Al and Lisa huddled together. “Lisa? Is that you?”

Lisa smiled, giving him a small wave. “Hey, uncle Sonic!”

Sonic beamed, “Man, you look older and older every time I see you! How’s school?”

“Sonic, we got to go…” Sora muttered.

“Ah, that’s right.” Sonic scooped up Bel and placed him on his shoulder. “Listen, sorry I can’t stick around. I was invited to dinner tonight, but I can’t make it, so give my best to your folks, okay?” With that, he and Sora dashed out the door to their waiting car.

“That was…interesting,” Al commented.

High above the city, several helicopters hovered in the air. Each held a cameraman positioned as close as possible to Yugo City Hall, giving an awesome view of the historical event. However, one helicopter drifted away from the gathering. It flew for a few minutes until it reached the Reality Valleys. A voice came in over the transmitter. “Flandre, where are you going? We need to stay at our posts for military protection.”

Flandre sighed. “Katie, one missing CIA agent for five minutes isn’t that big a deal.”

“Um, it kind of is.”

“Look, I need to check something out. I need to check the landscape for something.”

“Flandre, the Reality Valley earthquakes were a week ago. Why so obsessed with seeing the results?”

“It was the same day Creator escaped. Coincidence? I think not.”

“Look, I’m not covering for you if they ask where you are.”

“You’re in the Air Force, why would they ask you?”

“Maybe because you TOOK MY HELICOPTER?”

Flandre laughed. “I’ll be back in a bit.” He ended the transmission and flew a little higher. Creator was heading in the direction of the Reality Valleys when he fled. Was he caught in the disaster? As Flandre loomed on the destruction, his eyes widened. “No way.” He flew the helicopter even higher, wanting to get a better view of the disaster. One of the valleys turned out to be a volcano, which went off when the earthquake hit. The lava never flowed out of the valleys, but had coated the interior very thoroughly. But Flandre realized the shifting earths had formed a pattern. From thousands of feet in the air, Flandre stared at a

sneering face made from lava and the earth below. “No…I thought he was crazy…could it be?” He lowered the helicopter closer until he found a field for him to land on. Powering the aircraft down, he jumped into the lush, green scenery. He pulled out a radar from his pocket and began scanning the area.

It’s picking up faint traces of mineral energy…identical to those from the moon. Creator…he was here. Flandre walked down the hill towards the scorched landscape. He didn’t want to get too close and merely analyzed the view until he spotted something. Sliding down, he dashed over to a discarded piece of clothing. It was a purple cloak, burned and tattered. On the ground were various nuts and bolts that seemed to belong to a machine. Creator…

Amelia sat in her favorite spot in the Powerforce courtyard. Apparently, her mother and aunt Clair had convinced aunt Cherry to expand the garden to the point where it could be considered an arboretum. She jammed the volume in her headphones a little higher and listened to her

until someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around, seeing Daniel tower over her. “What’s good, Amelia?”

“Oh, nothing much. I finished my homework a while ago and all our moms are in the kitchen. You?”

Daniel shrugged. “Same, really. What time is it gonna start?”

Amelia glanced at her iPod. “15 minutes.”

“Sheesh, this is big. What do you-” he paused as a chorus of yips interrupted him. He and Amelia glanced to their left, spotting a parade of puppies stampeding towards them. Amelia lifted her feet up as blue and white puppies sped underneath them, clutching things like bones, sausage links, and hot dog buns in their mouths. Following after them was a full-grown dog with a deep-blue and white coat. Bubbles trailed behind him from the pipe in his mouth. Following the dogs were two women, one sporting long, pink hair, the other with short, blue hair.

“Mom, aunt Cherry, what’s going on?” Amelia asked.

Her mother ignored her, speeding onward. “Andx, get back here! Calm your puppies down!”

Cherry yelled, “YOUR GRANDFATHER MUST BE IN HYSTERICS WHEREVER DOGGIE HEAVEN IS! CURSE YOU ANDEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXX!”

With that, the group had gone. “Uh…was your mom always that high-strung?” Daniel asked.

“No, she’s just stressed since she’s been in charge of preparing the food and everything. This dinner’s been planned since a week ago, you know.”

“Actually, I didn’t,” Daniel countered. “But that’s okay. Say, that your dad?”

Amelia looked past him, seeing her father trotting from the direction Cherry and her mother had come from earlier. “Hey daddy!”

He smiled, kissing Amelia on the cheek in between breaths. “Hi Amelia, how was school?”

“Boring. Looking for mom?”

“Yes. She’s…unusually energetic today. I’m afraid Aneki’s rubbing off on her.”

“Hey, Mr. Black,” Daniel piped up, extending his hand.

Black turned to Daniel, exchanging the handshake. “Hey Daniel, you’re looking taller. Have you seen your mom yet? She said she couldn’t reach your cell.”

“Oh, yeah, it was dying so I turned it off. She mad?”

“Eh, just mildly irritated. Nothing big.” Before he left to pursue his wife, he turned, “Say, your dad’s coming tonight, right?”

Daniel thought for a second. “Um…I think so? He’s been on vacation for a few days, but he was supposed to come back last night actually.”

Black frowned. “They won’t answer their cells either. Ah well, I’m sure they’ll turn up. I’ll see you two at dinner!”

With that, Amelia and Daniel decided to abscond to the living room. The living room was a giant space with a huge, widescreen television with plenty of chairs and couches to settle in. Lisa and Al were already sitting on the couch, flipping channels. “Oh hey guys, look what Al got for his aunt!” Lisa yelled, holding up a bouquet of flowers.

“So embarrassing…” Al muttered.

“Really, dude?” Daniel asked. “Really? Flowers? Did it come with a box of chocolates?”

Al stood up. “I’m this close to strangling you.”

Daniel smirked. “Just try it.”

Before Daniel and Al could pounce on each other, a man stumbled into the room. His green jacket had flipped over his head, causing him to stumble into the wall. Finally, he threw it off, finding the four kids staring at him. “Hey guys! Your uncle B.T is here!”

“Hey, uncle B.T,” the kids politely replied. “Did you fly here?” Lisa asked.

B.T grinned. “Sure did! It’s unbelievable how awesome this Petatrix has gotten. One of these days, I’ve got to try and give you kids a tour around NASA. It’s awesome stuff.”

“I bet,” Al replied.

“Man, I can’t believe how big you kids are getting!” B.T walked over, ruffling Al’s hair. “Especially you, Alejandro!”

Al winced. “Uncle B.T, I told you, call me Al.”

“Call you AL?” B.T asked, his hand pounding his chest. “Alejandro, I’m the one who named you! How could I call you anything but that?”

“You did?” Amelia asked.

B.T nodded. “I visited El and Rui in the hospital when this little tyke was born. He was kinda grouchy, like his dad. So El and I were messing around with name ideas and Lady Gaga played on the radio. I started singing along to it and you started giggling. As soon as I said Alejandro, the little grouch became a ray of sunshine! So we named you Alejandro!”

Lisa and Amelia burst into giggles. “That’s adorable!”

Al blushed furiously. “Like a baby would know what’s good for them…”

“Anyways,” B.T proclaimed, clapping his hands. “I’ll see what I can do about giving you a tour.”

“I don’t know how well that’ll work out.” Everyone turned to see a man with long, shaggy black hair dropping from the ceiling. He hung upside down on a strand of webbing. “I remember working there and it was impossible to sneak Fuse in, no matter how many times he begged me.”

“Uh, Mr. Shutaru?” Amelia interrupted. “My dad’s gonna kill you if he finds any more webbing on the ceiling.”

Cortez shrugged. “Meh, I’ve survived a Lanza before, I’ll do it again.” He let go and landed on his feet. “Lisa, what happened to today? Something come up?”

Lisa slapped her forehead. “I’m so sorry, uncle Cortez. I completely forgot, I was helping Al buy something for his aunt.”

Cortez grinned. “Hey, don’t worry about it. I can give you a tour another time.”

“What are you touring?” B.T asked.

“The aquarium I own,” Cortez answered. “I’m working on this project there that’ll save sharks from extinction, so I have a bunch of them stored up for research. Lisa wanted to check them out for her science project.”

“You’re into sharks?” Al asked. “I didn’t know that.”

Lisa shrugged. “I love animals and uncle Cortez knows a lot about marine life.”

“I’ll laugh hysterically if you become a marine biologist,” Cortez added. “Say, your parents around?”

Several women entered the living room, each wearing dirtied aprons and carrying used cooking utensils. One of them walked over to Cortez, her long red hair was braided into a ponytail that reached halfway down her back. “Hey Cortez, I’m here!” The two gave each other a hug as she explained, “Chris hasn’t been answering my calls, so I don’t know what he’s doing. I’m getting a little worried considering he was supposed to come back last night.”

Cortez shrugged. “Don’t sweat it Aka, Fuse will probably barge in at the least convenient moment. You ladies need help?”

“Everything’s ready,” Aqua replied, brushing a couple of crumbs from her hair. “But I can’t get in touch with my boys either.”

“Oh, that reminds me!” Kari interrupted. “Someone needs to pick up the kids from Akatsuki!”

“Oh no, that’s taken care of,” Aka replied. As the doorbell rang, she smiled. “In fact, I think that’s them now.”

A tall, blue-haired man smiled at the crowd as he walked in escorting an elderly woman, two blond twin girls, and a boy with scrapes and band-aids coating his body. “Hello everyone!”

Aka rushed over to them, bending down in front of the boy. “

Davie, what happened?”

Davie grunted. “Fight.”

Atman chuckled. “Eh, there was a bit of a scuffle at the dojo today, but he handled himself well and we were able to pop in on Justin at his clinic for a quick fix-up. Akatsuki Academy and Club Pikachu were holding friendly sparring matches and he faced their top protege, trained by Pikachu, himself. I think Davie will grow up to be as strong as his dad one day.”

Davie grunted again. “Like anyone could beat dad. He’s the greatest.”

Kari walked over, kissing the

twins. “Hey Sarah, Keiko, how’d your lesson go?”

“Just fine,” Sarah replied. “Keiko impressed Aa’une-sensei today.”

Keiko grinned, gripping the green belt around her waist. “Got promoted.”

Kari grinned. “Your father will be so proud of you! Now you two are the same level, right?”

They both nodded, looking past their mother to Daniel. Pointing at him, Sarah said, “Hey. Congratulate her.”

“I don’t feel like it,” Daniel replied.

“So apathetic,” Keiko commented.

“Kids, behave,” Kari interrupted. “Thanks for picking them up, Atman.”

Aka kissed the elderly woman, escorting her to a chair. “Here Jay, I’ll go get something for you to drink.”

“Look alive kiddies!” Kana cried. “It’s on!”

Everyone snapped out of it, huddling together as they crowded around the television. A door in the kitchen burst open, showing in two men carrying a giant cake. “Hey Powerforce, look what we brought!”

“Stark, Smesh, shut up! It’s starting!” Rogue interrupted. She noticed the flowers on the table. “Say, whose are these? They look like they’re gonna die in a day.” Al slumped further into the couch, feeling the slightest bit of comfort as Lisa patted his hand.

“Where’s mom and dad?” Amelia asked. “They’re gonna miss it!”

"Right here, sweetheart.” Black entered the room, out of breath as he carried various meats in his arms. He dumped the load somewhere in the kitchen as Cherry and Caeda joined the parents, leaning on each other.

“Damn dogs…” Cherry muttered. She looked down to see Andx and a few other puppies looking up at her, their tongues panting as they licked her legs. “Well…I’ll let it slide today. Just this once.”

A man wearing a green suit and sunglasses walked in, batting the wall with his cane. “It’s starting?”

“Sure is, Blind,” a man with wild, gray hair answered. When people gave him looks, he took the wig off. “Black said he liked it…”

“Don’t quite remember that, Arm,” Black commented.

“Hey mom, is uncle Dane coming?” Amelia asked.

Caeda shook her head. “Nope. He and Mr. Freed are going to be there with Nexev, no doubt. Aunt Clair won’t be here either, she’s covering the story.”

A PROTO unit suddenly flew into the room, landing beside Al and Daniel. “Excuse me, mind if I squeeze in?”

“You guys got a talking robot?” Al asked.

Amelia answered, “He came in last week offering to be our butler for shelter, so we said sure.”

“Say, PROTO, mind grabbing me a Coke?” Daniel asked.

PROTO reached for a glass on the table and opened a cog in his chest, pouring oil into it. “Drink that.”

Daniel looked at the glass in disgust, setting it on the table as the show started. In the front of Yugo City Hall, all of the Mods stood in rapt attention, side by side. “Oh look kids, it’s uncle Sonic!” Kari pointed out.

“Yup…” Sarah replied.

“I can never take him seriously…” Keiko added.

The camera flashed to Clair. “Tensions are palpable and excitement is high as we stand here on this historic day. The former Mod and current leader of the Banned, Roxas Phantom, is about to deliver his announcement to the entire world!”

From the center of the Mods, Roxas strolled up to the podium, facing the crowd gathered there. “Today, on the eve of March 16, 2037, the world leaders have convened since the absence of our emperor. Together, we have established a treaty, which has been signed with all the necessary signatures. Ladies and gentlemen, the world is officially united as one under our new alliance. There will be no more wars. All efforts to solve the world’s problems will be solved collaboratively. We will all share resources, trade with one another, and ensure no country is left unheeded. Furthermore, the Banned will merge with the military to serve as the world’s protective force. The Banned is no more! Now, the world will move forward together, to a new life! We are the Free!”

Cheers erupted, thunderous applause resounded throughout the globe. Babies born that day would be considered living miracles to have been blessed with birth on such a sacred, amazing step forward toward world peace. As Roxas beamed at the crowd, he saw something from the corner of his eye. Looking closer, it appeared to be a red hover car. However, it was well above the designated traffic lanes for cars to travel through. And it seemed to be headed for City Hall. “Anyone see that?” Al asked.

“Everyone, get back!” Roxas commanded. People screamed as the hover car sailed over their heads, crashing into the steps of the city hall. The Mods convened on the scene, inspecting the wreckage.

“See kids,” Black pointed at the screen. “Drinking and driving causes this to happen. Just don't even drink.”

“I wonder who the idiots driving are?” Daniel pondered.

A man crawled out of the flaming wreckage, coughing black soot out of his throat. He stood up, wincing at the blaring spotlights. Looking around at the scene, a sudden dread clutched his senses. “Guys…we f*cked up.”

A man with long, black hair crawled out and stood up beside him. “WE? Who was the one that designated Zero our driver? That was your job!”

Another man stumbled out of the car, making his way to the other two. “Dude, J.Z assured us he didn’t drink that much. And you spiked Fuse’s drink, remember?”

Zero kicked the window out, standing up. “Guys, I told you, the accelerator got jammed.”

Two other men clambered outside. One of them surveyed the wreckage, brushing the brown bangs out of his hair. “Aqua is going to kill me.”

“Relax guys, Zero’s rhythm was just a little wacked. We’ll get out of this fine.”

“Guys…” Chris muttered.

“My car is wrecked, Wham. How am I gonna explain this?”

“Simple, Zero will pay for it.”

“Guys…”

“Like hell I will! It was an accident!”

“Zero, you’ve officially won the Dick of the Week Award.”

“GUYS!”

“WHAT?” they all chorused. Suddenly, they noticed the crowds, the Mods, the cameras, and the lights staring at them. “Uh oh.”

“You know guys, I was never gunning for hanging out with the band for our vacation…” D.L muttered.

El sighed. “Zero promised us their band would get us to meet celebrities. Serves me right for believing him.”

Chris bent down in front of the camera. “Uh…hi mom?”

“DAD, DAD, SAY HI TO ME!” Davie cried. “Guys, this is so cool! Our dads are on TV!”

Lisa buried her face into her arms, curling into a ball. Daniel, Sarah, and Keiko were giving each other sullen looks. Al let his head thump on the table as Cortez and Black slapped their foreheads. Amelia looked around. “Hey, where’d your moms go?”

Everyone looked around. Aka, Rui, Kari, and Aqua had disappeared. The PROTO unit had also somehow escaped between Daniel and Al. “Please don’t tell me…”

Chris looked up, seeing something flying towards them. “Guys, it’s a shooting star!”

“Fusion!” Sonic interrupted. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Dude, it’s a long story.”

"Chris, are you out of your mind?"

"Hey, Velma! Listen, this is all just a tragic accident. I can explain-"

Sonic cried, “Fuse, you guys are gonna get arrested!”

Ammy and Dark approached them, holding handcuffs. “You’re all under arrest. You have the right to remain silent.”

“Wait,” Dark interrupted. “This is fun, maybe they’ll make bigger a*ses out of themselves.”

Blake and Emma broke into the circle. “Are you mad?”

“Blake, sup bro?” El asked.

“Dude, get out of here!”

“You’re all the biggest idiots I’ve met…” Emma muttered.

“What do you mean?” D.L asked.

Chris gasped, recognizing what was coming towards them. “Guys…we’re screwed.”

“No sh*t,” Zero replied. “Did the fact we crashed into city hall or that we’re being arrested clue you in?”

“Oh no…” El muttered. “RUN!”

“Wait, my glasses broke, what are we running from?” D.L asked.

“OUR WIVES!” Chris yelled.

The six of them broke out of the circle, making a break for it as PROTO pursued them with its four tag-alongs.

“JOSEPH PEROZZO ZETH!”

“ELFMAN SEAMUS MAKE!”

“DAISUKE NATHANIEL LINK!”

“CHRISTIAN XAVIER DENVER!”

Chris whipped out his hammer. “Guys, I'm gonna make a miracle! Zero!” Zero dug into his shirt and pulled out his miniature drill, tossing it to Chris. He jammed it into the hammer head, proceeding to spin and sprout rockets. “Entering Last Resort Mode!” The hammer increased to half his size, just about ready to take off. “Grab on!” D.L and El gripped the hammer handle, soaring to the sky with Chris.

“HEY, COME BACK!” Wham yelled.

“FORGIVE ME, MY FAITHFUL COMRADES!” Chris replied.

“DAMN YOU, FUSIOOOOOONNNN!” Zero cried.

“Honey, please, NOT THE FACE!” J.Z shouted. Aqua pounced onto him while the other three rode with PROTO, pursuing the flying hammer into the sky.

“We’ll never make it!” D.L cried.

“El!” Chris shouted. “I’m opening the handle!”

El smirked, jamming his right palm into the butt of the handle. The hammer suddenly shot out a burst of wind, taking them farther into the sky.

“D.L, slow ‘em down!”

D.L laughed maniacally, raining down jets of water at PROTO. Clapping his hands together, he entered Last Resort Mode and shot them at a greater capacity. “We’re gonna make it! WE’RE GONNA MAKE IT!”

“I can see the stars…” Chris muttered. “YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. OUR YOUTHFUL VIGOR AS THE TRIO OF DEF IS THE POWER OF YOUTH THAT WILL TRANSCEND THE HEAVENS!”

“HA, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! GOOOOOOOOOO!” D.L shouted.

“SO LONG, SUCKERS!” El cried.

As they broke through the clouds, a low, whirring noise could be heard. “Fusion, what is that?” D.L asked.

Chris stared at his hammer. The rockets slowly stopped emitting fuel until it was completely empty. El’s wind died down, no longer propelling them upwards. “Gentlemen…I hate to say it.”

“You’ve got to be sh*tting me,” El muttered.

“It looks like our springtime of youth…is at an end.”

“DON’T SAY THAT, FUSION. COME ON, MAKE A MIRACLE!”

Chris closed his eyes. “Even we cannot outrun the span of time. For at least in this lifetime, not everything is everlasting.”

“We’re doomed,” El murmured.

“It’s okay guys. Our youthful vigor will be passed on to the next generation. Now…I’m ready for the embrace of death.” The trio began to fall, soaring closer to the waiting PROTO and their wives.

“DAMN IT FUSE, WE’RE TOO YOUNG TO DIE!” D.L objected.

“I REFUSE TO HAVE A MID-LIFE CRISIS THOUSANDS OF FEET IN THE AIR.” El added.

Chris smiled, spreading his limbs and letting himself go limp. “Lisa…Davie…I probably won’t see you for a while considering your mom is about to kill me. But just know that I’m passing my power of youth onto you.”

D.L clutched onto Chris and El. “It’s been fun, guys.”

“I suppose it has…” El agreed. “For the record, I still blame you two for this mess.”

“Shut your face, El,” Chris murmured with a smile. With that, the three men fell into the clutches of their wives, experiencing a horror of the likes never seen since Life’s reign long ago.

Amelia placed her chin in her palms, leaning on her knees. Lisa, Daniel, and Al sat across from her, sullenly staring at the ground outside in the garden. “Come on guys, cheer up! Your dads were bailed out of jail, weren’t they?”

“Laughingstocks…” Daniel muttered.

“Idiots…” Al murmured.

“Embarrassments…” Lisa whispered.

Amelia sighed. “Oh come on, you guys aren’t the only ones with embarrassing dads! Did you know my dad played this stupid song for my mom outside her window in the middle of the night one time?”

“Yeah…” Daniel answered. “Our dads were a part of that.”

Amelia pondered for a moment. “Well, this other time, he was really late for his wedding because something happened at his bachelor party.”

“Yeah…” Al replied. “Our dads were a part of that.”

Amelia groaned. “What about the time my dad accidentally crashed the emperor’s meeting?”

“Yeah…” Lisa muttered. “Our dads were a part of that.”

“Okay, look, your dads are crazy goofs, but they’re not bad people! Come on, they saved the world!”

“Whatever…” Al muttered.

Amelia sighed, looking around to make sure they were alone. “Okay, you guys need cheering up. Follow me.” Exchanging looks, the three depressed teenagers followed her through the arboretum. After navigating a maze of rose bushes, they stumbled upon a grassy clearing. Amelia ripped away some of it to reveal a door hidden in the ground. “This is a secret passageway to Arm’s laboratory. I found it like a year ago.” Dropping down, the four crept through the dark tunnel for a couple of minutes. Finally, they found the end of the hall, opening the door to the laboratory inside. They marveled at the various inventions skewered across the room.

“What’s that?” Daniel asked. The group looked and spotted a giant tapestry covering a giant machine.

“That’s what we’re here for, Daniel,” Amelia answered. Tugging on the tapestry, she revealed the awesome might of Poweforce’s proudest achievement. A bulky dragon loomed over them. Its blaring, crimson hue shone under the dim lighting. It’s arm and legs looked powerful enough to crush boulders. It’s head reared majestically in silent might. “This is Red Dragon Archfiend. Aunt Cherry loves using this thing.”

“You know how to work it?” Al asked.

Amelia grinned. “Let’s go for a ride.” All four climbed the stairs leading to its torso, clambering inside the cockpit. “Just know, we probably only have a few minutes on this thing. And we’re totally gonna get in trouble for this.”

“Meh, that’s okay,” Lisa replied. “Our moms are too distracted by our dads anyways.”

Amelia took the piloting seat, flipping switches and turning the beast on. “I’m opening the hatch!”

In headquarters, Arm whipped his head around, spilling his tea all over his lap. “There’s trouble afoot!”

“Go, go, go!” Al encouraged her. The dragon let out a mighty roar, soaring into the sky.

“Gee, hope no one heard that,” Daniel stated.

“Sorry,” Amelia apologized. “Aunt Cherry rigged it to do that every time it boots up.”

“Wow, look at that view, guys!” The teens glanced out of their windows, marveling at the city below. The water glistened peacefully under the moonlight as the city lights danced in the air. Amelia took it higher until the dragon finally stabilized.

“It’d be cool if we could ride outside of this,” Al said.

“You want to?” Amelia asked.

Al whipped his head around. “Seriously?”

Amelia answered by flipping a switch. The area containing their seats lifted up, passing through the open hatch in its back. “Woooow,” Lisa whispered. “This beats the time we went to New York.”

“That was a fun vacation,” Daniel added. “We should go on a road trip like that sometime.”

“Damn, the fuel’s running low,” Amelia announced. “We got to land.”

“Already?” Al asked. “Kinda short...”

“RDA uses a lot of fuel,” Amelia shrugged. “It’s intended for last resorts in fights or stuff like that. Kinda why it hasn’t been used in a while.”

The dragon landed in the Powerforce arboretum, perching itself over the magnificent fountain spewing water onto its underbelly. “Amelia, did you seriously land a machine on top of a water spout?” Lisa asked, following her friends outside of the craft.

“Eh…I couldn’t make it.”

“Looks like someone’s grounded!” Daniel chuckled.

A wind suddenly passed through, blowing leaves onto Lisa, Al and Daniel. “Seriously?”

Amelia burst into giggles. “You guys are covered in clovers!”

Lisa couldn’t help but laugh too. “Hey, take a picture!”

Amelia bumbled for her camera, aiming it at the trio. “Okay ready?”

“Ugh…”

“Come on Al,” Daniel told him. “We actually do look a little funny.”

Al’s expression softened. Seeing Lisa laughing in hysterics made him feel cheerful. “Daniel, you look pretty.”

Daniel felt his right earring, noticing a four-leaf clover had perched itself on it. “Why thank you, you handsome devil, I feel positively dazzling!”

Al gave him a look. “Talk about ga-”

Smile!” Amelia interrupted.

Two men glared from their perches on the rooftop. The silence between them had been emanating for some time now. One of the men fidgeted, letting out a mellow yawn. “Hey…how long have we been out here?”

“An hour,” the other replied. “There will be times like this too, you know. You lack constant vigilance.”

The man smiled, ruffling the black peach fuzz coating his chin. “Think I heard that in a book somewhere.”

The other shrugged, slicking his long, black hair out of his face. “That was something my father used to say, apparently.”

“And who told you that?”

“Fusion.”

“Ah yeah, Denver. You really look up to that guy, don’t you?”

He shrugged again. “He’s looked out for me for most of my life. That, and he taught me how to wield this.” In his hands, he cradled a crimson blade. “Him, uncle El, and Daisuke Link have all instilled the best of their knowledge into me.”

His friend grinned. “That’s unusual to hear you praise people highly like that.”

“My heart isn’t made of stone, you know. I care for my friends and family. I just don’t tend to express that too often.”

“Nah, man, it’s cool. I guess the other thing is your personality completely contrasts Denver’s and uncle Daisuke’s. And El…close enough.”

“I respect them, but I’ve come to realize our values and perspectives differentiate on some levels.” Suddenly, the two men heard a scuffle below. Peering down, they saw a man being beaten up by two thugs. “It’s as we feared. Barely a week after the emperor steps down, and crime has begun to seep its way back into society. It’s like a poison. Odin, it’s up to us to carry on the wills of our predecessors.”

Sven…I told you, call me Hiru. You know, my middle name?”

“What’s wrong with Odin?”

“Reminds me of my grandfather…I just don’t like being reminded that I’m connected with an Inactive.”

“But he’s redeemed himself since then along with your grandmother.”

“Still,”

“Suit yourself, then.” Both of them donned black masks, leaping down to the ground. The two thugs stood there in shock, unbelieving of what they saw. Both tried to pounce, but Sven and Hiru had both countered the blows with one arm. Using their other arms, they delivered light swings to the thugs’ midriffs. Blood cascaded to the ground as they both screeched in agony. “Are you okay?” Sven asked the man.

“Yeah…” the man muttered. He looked up to his saviors, noticing both warriors wearing black masks and wielding swords, one red and one black. “You…are you two part of some secret service group? Or with the Free?”

“We’re new,” Hiru replied, his mask muffling his voice. “We plan on keeping crime low around here…however we can.”

The man took out a pad of paper. “I’m a journalist for Yugo News. I can write an article and send a message to the masses, if you have anything to say.”

“What is your name?” Sven asked.

“Name’s Ben, son.” Sven studied Ben more closely. He seemed to be the same age as his mother, maybe a little younger. His blue hair was receding, though there were no gray hairs to be seen. He was in relatively good health for a man his age, his physique seemed well-built, even underneath his flannel shirt and khaki pants.

“I have a feeling you didn’t need our help at all,” Sven noted.

Ben chuckled. “Maybe I felt like seeing what would happen.”

Hiru interrupted, “Sv-I mean, Valor, I just realized we’re late for that dinner party.”

“Hrm…” Sven muttered. “Sorry old man, we’ll have to chat another time.”

“Wait,” Ben cried out. “Could you tell me your names?”

“You can call me Enigma,” Hiru answered.

“I am Valor,” Sven replied.

“Thank you, gents. Anything else you want to say?”

The two of them exchanged glances. Before running off, Sven turned to Ben and told him six, simple words.

“We are the Fake Type Knights.”

Posting this so that people can read it without slowing down/crashing their browsers >>;

I'm glad you liked the epilogue, guys! I like Amelia too.

I like all the kids :T

I had the most fun writing Daniel out of the main 4, I think.

Black, why you wanna shoot him?

SOME FUN FACTS SINCE YOU ASKED:

Chris married Aka Crab, Crab's daughter.

Their kids are Lisa (age 16) and David (age 12).

Chris is now in the same family tree as Life...his now-dead father in-law.

THE IRONY.

DL married Kari Shitoge.

Their kids are Daniel (age 16) and the twins Sarah and Keiko (ages 15).

DL is now in-laws with the Shitoge sisters and the uncle of Hiru, one of the new Fake Type Knights.

El married Rui Karnon.

Their kid is Alejandro (age 16).

El is now in-laws with Rogue and is the uncle of Sven, the other new Fake Type Knight.

Black married Caeda Layton.

Their kid is Amelia (age 16). If I'm going to get someone pregnant again in the story, it'll probably be Caeda.

Black's now in-laws with Dane.

Blake married Emma Comali.

Their kid is Zugai (age 16). He's like his father who makes vague references, but instead of Bleach, it's "classic" hit songs.

That's as far as blood relations go. If they call anyone else aunt and uncle, it's just because they're family friends.

I'm going to make bios for the kids eventually and go more in-depth about them (inb4lolbiosyeahright).

[spoiler=But I'll leave some fun tidbits here.]

If Trio of DAL (name in progress) were to ever become a series, Al would be the main.

Hiru and Sven have a real bromance going. They've sparred against each other their whole lives and are pretty much even.

Both boys were all trained under the DEF trio.

Sven more so with Chris and El and Hiru more so with D.L and J.Z.

In case no one inferred it from the crash, Zero, Wham and J.Z formed a band, drummer, singer and guitarist respectively. DL was the one who convinced El and Chris that hanging with their band would be fun.

Also, Akatsuki and Club Pikachu grew on to be academies where kids can learn how to defend themselves with various forms of weapons and martial arts.

Basically, they're like Tiger Schulmann's, but so much more awesome.

The DEF trio comes over to Akatsuki Academy at least once a week to give special lessons to the class.

Through this and one other incident (future one-shot) is what led Davie to worship his dad.

Cortez and Atman were probably the closest "uncles" to Lisa and Davie, respectively.

Daniel looks up to Hiru, but tries not to show it.

Al is in love with Lisa (noshit Fusion).

Cherry loves Amelia like her own daughter and can act over-bearing a lot, but she means well.

Also, if DAL (really need a better name...) went on as a series, I think the main cast would stay as-is.

The 5 kids, then Hiru and Sven. Of course there'd be new characters, but I'd spend a lot more time developing their characters and shizz.

Their parents would be major supporting characters.

And Andx is like the Scooby Doo of-

[spoiler=Read this next]

0_________0

SOMEONE.

ANYONE.

PLEASE MAKE A SCOOBY DOO DEF ONE-SHOT THINGIE.

I MIGHT DO IT.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE THINK OF THIS YET?

But yeah, I'll probably visit this timeline again through one-shots. Not all, but some.

DL and I felt DAL was a great name ._.

We were discussing that a few minutes ago.

IF CAEDA GETS PREGGO AGAIN, I WANT TWIN BOYS. JESSE AND ISAAC.

I wanna shoot Daniel, because he is JUST LIKE DL, and I don't want a pervert near my daughter >>

Aneki loving Amelia like a daughter makes sense =o

EDIT: Getting pregnant twice would also work.

The one other thing though is that in whatever new series this would be, it wouldn't be centered on a trio, more of a group of friends.

Amelia got a lot of screentime and Zugai would have if he wasn't attending the world peace thing.

Hard to think of what else would work though...

Maybe something like New Life.

Nah, that's stupid.

I dunno.

Oh, forgot one fun fact.

Hiru's blade is Zangetsu, Donovyn's sword.

Ah, the parallelism~

Oh and DanielxAmelia FTW!

The one other thing though is that in whatever new series this would be, it wouldn't be centered on a trio, more of a group of friends.

Amelia got a lot of screentime and Zugai would have if he wasn't attending the world peace thing.

Oh and DanielxAmelia FTW!

Thign I noticed with DL: You accidentally made a parody with Amelia about me in the fic.

*Shoots* I WILL KILL HIM.

I figured that I just needed to wait a minute and it'd work. A few things to get out of the way since I read as few pages of posts to make up for lost time. Or maybe I really am a Denver stalker. -_-

Er, that's not-

Anyways, almost done outlining the epilogue and I'll try setting apart time for writing tonight.

It's hard though, because I'm in the middle of a good anime.

Any of you ever watch Durarara?

(on episode 15, don't spoil past that)

Shizuo ties with Tatsuma (the guy whose pic you used for me) for my favorite anime character. But God Damnit Denver! I liked these things before you made them cool. :,(

Ahem...eh, the reviews will be short. Meh.

[spoiler=Chapter 36]

Dude. I think I almost cried at a few things. And trust me man. It takes alot to even get me to think about crying. We see the aftermath of the war and everybody realizes the results and what really comes out of war. And Creator taking over the world with nanobots...we should have had a nanobot battle. I can oddly imagine an insane looking Collonelo in the cockpit. Just great stuff and still a great end. Although I wonder where I was with my baseball bat ready to smack you for the youth crap. Oh yeah. probably prison. <_<

[spoiler=Epilogue]

The f*ck is this? Epilogue? EPILOGUE?!?!?! This is no epilogue! This Is A F*cking EPICLOGUE!!!! It still keeps it's great comedy. I was laughing as well as loving where everybody turned out. Just a few things. *Cough cough.* All the mains are like 40 or over. Yet appareantly all the girls atre still super hot and the guys may still be pretty good looking themselves. Not impossible but still. :/

Okay. Ahem. Now to get onto stuff for my character. "Change." Am I Obama? I've never been one to think people change so easily and have been criticized and misunderstood plenty of times by people claiming to say I don't think people can change that easily. So...eh. Autobiography? Referencing my one-shot I see. Well I know now I'm going to have to change some stuff in it to make it a bit more accurate. *Sniff sniff.* I'm sorry Blu and Hotaru. I love you guys but still...Also, I'm a badass vigilante who goes by the alias Finale? I like that his last name is Beginning. Although, why would he say those things? I mean really? Why say you're the awesome in a mid-life crisis vigilante Finale on the News? Oh wait, she brought it up. So...they all already knew...then what's the point of the alias? Next! Jerk? Oh please. I'm an a**hole and proud of it. I'd never use such a word to degrade myself. And...he's 40 (taking 15 and adding 25 even though it was really like 26 years)...as is a few other have been rumored to hook up with Lora who'd be about 41-43 (and smoking hot f*cking readhead puns). Well to my main point. No real relationships with any of them? Sure I enjoy being single but when I'm fourty...My complaints aside I really did love everything you did for my character and really just all of them.

P.S. Jake! Why you no review? That's one of the main reasons I went through the pages.

Edit:

Forgot to say. How could you name a chapter "Forward" and not have me make a Wisconsin reference. DX

@Black-Parody?

idgi

actually, I think I do, but explain anyway.

@Desu-You live in Wisconsin?

.-.

But I'm ecstatic you were moved to that extent.

You don't necessarily go by Finale, but everyone calls you that, so you go with it.

Probably stemmed from your 6-shot.

Also, I left the marital status of several characters unaddressed so that they'd be flexible.

If you want a girlfriend/wife, it can easily fit in.

Lemme explain.

I stumbled across that clover picture one day on DA.

And I thought, "Nice group pic. The two guys kinda remind me of..."

Trio of DAL then popped into my mind.

I had my envisioned epilogue for DEF.

And so, ideas swelled until the epilogue came to be.

I knew Black had to have a kid, so I PMed you asking what a good girl name would be, since Lisa shouldn't be the only chick. Then Amelia entered the picture.

I kept envisioning that end with the three kids laughing with one another, but as I wrote the epilogue, I liked writing Amelia.

And I saw no reason to have the plot remove her from them, so I said f*ck it, let her stay.

Then Zugai Hollow pretty much popped into my head before I wrote this. I said, eh, it works.

Sven and Hiru were always my envisioned plan. Or at least, Sven was. I always intended for Sven to live up to his father's legacy. Then I remembered JZ and Aqua were having a kid the same year, so I made them a duo.

And that is how DAL's main cast came to be.

And I regret nothing.

@Desu-You live in Wisconsin?

Yesh. So? I also weild the mighty cheese saber? Want to fight about it?

.-.

Seriously, what? :/

But I'm ecstatic you were moved to that extent.

You don't necessarily go by Finale, but everyone calls you that, so you go with it.

I see.

Probably stemmed from your 6-shot.

You've never even seen my Finale Shot. I actually wanted to put it into my one-shot but the way I have it set up right now for everything I like so I will most likely not.

Also, I left the marital status of several characters unaddressed so that they'd be flexible.

I see.

If you want a girlfriend/wife, it can easily fit in.

It's fine. I didn't feel like it was really needed but after the Lora thing I was a bit more interested.

I know, I just like explaining my thought processes for all things DEF-related.

Actually, looking back at that, DL actually finished?

...I need to hear his opinion.

I'm hoping I didn't forget to allude to anyone in the epilogue. I'd feel pretty bad if I forgot someone .-.

These things happen when the stories write themselves.

It's funny, that whole city hall crash thing occurred to me on the spot. That'd be the perfect way to summarize DEF after 25 years, no change.

I was originally going to have DEF come in from Akatsuki instead of Atman, but I felt he deserved more of an "entrance", so I did that.

I think one of my favorite parts was the kids afterwards.

"Our dads were a part of that."

xD

I LOL'd way too much at Arm/OUR DADS

Also, Blind was never in the fic, except my one-shot xD

Wrong.

Xazeon blinded him when Life proclaimed his reign.

...though I called him Monka at the time.

Your one-shot told me he went by a new nickname, Blind :T

Arm came from your one-shot though, I'll admit.

@Desu-Fug, totally forgot the Black Knights.

...eh, Mako and Hinagiku don't read DEF anyways, I think, so it's okay.

But uh, Gin's dead. Remember?

And Composer's doing who knows what.

Meaning he'll either come back unexpectedly or never be heard from again.

Just like a certain other character of whose fate we're all uncertain...