The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyway...I got 1 question I like to ask metalhead or any metal music fan, what metal band that's overrated to you guys?

Slayer, Testament, Exodus and Metallica (allthrough I like their early stuff).

And now, some obcsene Melodic Death Metal.

[spoiler=Through the Flood FTW]

you mean Lawless Darkness right? cause I have that album too

Yup, they have a new album last year

anyway...I got 1 question I like to ask metalhead or any metal music fan, what metal band that's overrated to you guys?

LOL for me would be Dark tranquility,Kamelot,Amon Amarth,Sonata Arctica,Cannibal Courpse,Motorhead AND Black Sabbath lml

As the thread creator, I feel I should post more.

Becoming the Archetype~

I may have posted this before, but I don't care because they're awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7-_XRTjj1g

I also love my fair share of obscure melodic death metal~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxqNyHz0Uc

Dude you should feel more responsible for your thread every time i have to save this thread from forgotten it is recomended you find songs more oftten when you got free time off YCM. lml

LOL for me would be Dark tranquility,Kamelot,Amon Amarth,Sonata Arctica,Cannibal Courpse,Motorhead AND Black Sabbath lml

I love how you posted a comment with an Amon Amarath song saying "Long live Viking Metal" and then think they are overrated. And you spelled Cannibal Corpse wrong. I understand that you dislike Sonata Arctica. I hate them too. Disliking Dark Tranquility is messing with Soilwork and In Flames, you know. I don't understand why you think Black Sabbath is overrated... Their stuff with Dio totally sucked, but the years with Ozzy was a f***ing riff orgy... If Black Sabbath never existed, Metal would'nt be existing. Just saying that.

But don't mind me, I'm just a trolling, nerdraging skinny white guy sitting in da sofa.

New fave band. Mastodon has reinvented Metal forever. I've started to compare every single song in the universe with Oblivion, so now I think every f***ing band except for Mastodon is overrated...

[spoiler=Mastodon FTW]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxelXPg961M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

Oblivion may be the best song ever... All band members singin, even the drummer, and with that vid... It's just OMG. But I suppose every metalhead out there has heard this song at least once.

I love how you posted a comment with an Amon Amarath song saying "Long live Viking Metal" and then think they are overrated. And you spelled Cannibal Corpse wrong. I understand that you dislike Sonata Arctica. I hate them too. Disliking Dark Tranquility is messing with Soilwork and In Flames, you know. I don't understand why you think Black Sabbath is overrated... Their stuff with Dio totally sucked, but the years with Ozzy was a f***ing riff orgy... If Black Sabbath never existed, Metal would'nt be existing. Just saying that.

But don't mind me, I'm just a trolling, nerdraging skinny white guy sitting in da sofa.

New fave band. Mastodon has reinvented Metal forever. I've started to compare every single song in the universe with Oblivion, so now I think every f***ing band except for Mastodon is overrated...

[spoiler=Mastodon FTW]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxelXPg961M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

Oblivion may be the best song ever... All band members singin, even the drummer, and with that vid... It's just OMG. But I suppose every metalhead out there has heard this song at least once.

When Dio when solo, I thought he was good, but with Black Sabbath he sucked

Dude you should feel more responsible for your thread every time i have to save this thread from forgotten it is recomended you find songs more oftten when you got free time off YCM. lml

Oh, I find new stuff all the time. I just don't have as much free time as I used to, and I don't always want to spend what little time I have on YCM. I'll post when I'm here though.

New Scar Symmetry single:

Does anyone here actually listen to regular heavy metal? Like, something that isn't Death Metal, Black Metal, Viking Metal or anything else involving satanic screaming?

Satanic screaming? It's just a few Black Metal bands that are satanic, Death Metal and Viking Metal is often accused to be satanic by untrained ears.

I listen to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, old Black Sabbath, Primal Fear... A lot of "regular" Heavy Metal.

Does anyone here actually listen to regular heavy metal? Like, something that isn't Death Metal, Black Metal, Viking Metal or anything else involving satanic screaming?

I listen to it, not for the satanic screaming, but because most groups have valid points to get across to their listeners. Whether it be theories regarding life outside our world, or legit political issues that need to be addressed by the government, but won't... or hell, even songs about how to deal with zombie apocalypses have been done before....the only really, really, really well-known satanic death metal bands are probably Deicide, Vital Remains, Angelcorpse, Anata and Aeon...at least that I've listened to.

PRION - Political/Social issues.

Pathology - Zombies

The Faceless - Aliens

Quo Vadis - All kinds of philosophical shiz :3

Necrophagist - Gore

Cephalic Carnage - Weed

Decrepit Birth - Esoteric Philosophy

Decapitated - Death

Panzerchrist - War

Goat - Funny s*** involving....goats

Benighted - Zombies

The Contortionist - Space, Life

Burning The Masses - Anger

Nile - Ancient Egypt

Ex Deo - Ancient Rome

Cynic - Pretty peace stuff

Death - Political crap

Origin - Esoteric Philosophy

There's lots of non-satanic groups to choose from >_________________________________<

Pathology - Zombies

Goat - Funny s*** involving....goats

Benighted - Zombies

Lol for your choice of bands. Got to check up Goat. I like bands with "Goat" in their band name (Goatwhore, Unholy Goatfucker).

It went up pretty obliviously that you only mentioned the good stuff with the lyrics... I guess we don't share the same opinion. I like Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore and stuff like that because I like how it sounds. You don't really care about the lyrics of the song you listen to if it's good enough. But that's my opinion.

Lol for your choice of bands. Got to check up Goat. I like bands with "Goat" in their band name (Goatwhore, Unholy Goatfucker).

It went up pretty obliviously that you only mentioned the good stuff with the lyrics... I guess we don't share the same opinion. I like Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore and stuff like that because I like how it sounds. You don't really care about the lyrics of the song you listen to if it's good enough. But that's my opinion.

Well that's the problem.... People don't read the lyrics. They hear the growls and grunts and automatically assume that it's some kind of satanic banter >.>

Well that's the problem.... People don't read the lyrics. They hear the growls and grunts and automatically assume that it's some kind of satanic banter >.>

I don't read the lyrics (except for Cannibal Corpse (for the lulz) and In Flames (So poetic!))... Even if the "untrained ears" did read the lyrics, they would still troll at this kind of music.

I don't read the lyrics (except for Cannibal Corpse (for the lulz) and In Flames (So poetic!))... Even if the "untrained ears" did read the lyrics, they would still troll at this kind of music.

Well, you can't say that metalheads don't do the same at music they don't like.

But yeah, bands like Goat and Cannabis Corpse exist simply for the lulz.

Well, you can't say that metalheads don't do the same at music they don't like.

But yeah, bands like Goat and Cannabis Corpse exist simply for the lulz.

You forgot Gwar, Jello Biafra and Tenacoius D (I know D and Jello is'nt Metal, but they are so f***ing awsome). But srsly, the lulzy ones are often better than the serious bands, and that makes it even more lulz. Cannibal Corpse are lulz too (You seen the movie "Braindead", you know what I mean).

And define your first sentence, I did'nt get it.

You forgot Gwar, Jello Biafra and Tenacoius D (I know D and Jello is'nt Metal, but they are so f***ing awsome). But srsly, the lulzy ones are often better than the serious bands, and that makes it even more lulz. Cannibal Corpse are lulz too (You seen the movie "Braindead", you know what I mean).

And define your first sentence, I did'nt get it.

I see these "Metal crusaders" that go around trollin' at all kinds of music.

Don't forget iwrestledabearonce. Even if it's terrible, it's still pretty funny. The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza as well.

TBH, the main reason I don't like Death Metal is that there's not much of a distinguishable melody, it's mostly rhythm, kind of like rap...

Melodic Death Metal like Children of Bodom is alright, but still, the vocals are... kind of abrasive... >___>

TBH, the main reason I don't like Death Metal is that there's not much of a distinguishable melody, it's mostly rhythm, kind of like rap... xD

Melodic Death Metal like Children of Bodom is alright, but still, the vocals are... kind of abrasive... >___> If you listen to it a lot, you'll learn to like it, and WILL be moving forward to heavier and heavier bands. Just sayin' that.

Also, Rob Zombie is a god.

Allthrough I don't know if he's Trash or not. It sounds like Trash.

[spoiler=Rob Zombie/White Zombie FTW]

[spoiler=Random epic Melodic Death Metal band I found.]

Link because YCM won't let me post more vids in one post... I hate this site sometimes D:

Satanic screaming? It's just a few Black Metal bands that are satanic, Death Metal and Viking Metal is often accused to be satanic by untrained ears.

I listen to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, old Black Sabbath, Primal Fear... A lot of "regular" Heavy Metal.

Viking Metal? I've never heard of anyone call viking metal Satanic. If anything it's grindcore and deathmetal/brutal deathmetal

Speaking of Viking/Folk metal. This is the next song I'm teaching myself on drums.

Viking Metal? I've never heard of anyone call viking metal Satanic. If anything it's grindcore and deathmetal/brutal deathmetal

Lol. I must have been tired when I wrote it.

Grindcore? Satanic? I doubt pepole accusing Metal to be satanic even know what Grindcore is.

Archived