The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's 2 of my absolute favorite metalcore songs from one of my favorite metalcore bands

And here's another song from another one of my favorites

Never really got much into War of Ages though Demon Hunter have some cool moments in them but for every 3-5 good songs on their albums they always throw in a slow soft rock song that throws me right off. Sad thing is that Extremist seemed to learn even more towards the sappy material from them, though the album as a whole does have good songs on it.

Since were on Christcore stuff right now

Disregarding the fact that im not much of a fan of The Chariots debut its definitely one of the last things that youd wanna show somebody who isnt familiar with their music as it doesnt sound anything like their later material. O God The Aftermath is one of Norma Jeans best listens but Wrongdoers and Meridional might go down a bit easier depending on the person.

Finished off the newest In Mourning record, its better than their last but I dont like it as much as Monolith

Yea It's All Crazy!... is way more of an indie/folk record with none of the post-hardcore but it's good for what it is. 

Jamming some Boris

albums pretty cool. also i keep getting a message that there was an error storing my rep vote. yay. (hence im quoting.) i haven't been on in a bit tho, since im getting my laptop fixed up (nothing major, just wanted it virus free for the programming classes im taking), so ive been catching up and dropping reps sporadically.

one last thing of note, this is the only post im having an issuing repping. cool.

albums pretty cool. also i keep getting a message that there was an error storing my rep vote. yay. (hence im quoting.) i haven't been on in a bit tho, since im getting my laptop fixed up (nothing major, just wanted it virus free for the programming classes im taking), so ive been catching up and dropping reps sporadically.

one last thing of note, this is the only post im having an issuing repping. cool.

Sweet, glad you dig. I found out that the version of the album I posted is actually different than the album I own, a few of the tracks are in a different order and track 4 is a completely different song altogether. Boris has been known for releasing different versions of the same album depending on the region (i.e Japanese vs US release) or listening format (CD or vinyl). In this case I like my version better but some of them make for a completely different listening experience.

Posting some Off Minor because they completely rule.

Finally listened to Pacific Myth, its their best release since Kezia.

Cant get any of the full songs, just track previews

Not too keen on Protest the Hero tbh, vocalist kind of annoys me and the instrumentation just comes across as obnoxious to me. Haven't really listened to their recent stuff though, is there reason to believe I'd like it more? 

Been listening to the new Norma Jean like crazy but no songs are on youtube so I'll just post their last album since it also ruled

Not too keen on Protest the Hero tbh, vocalist kind of annoys me and the instrumentation just comes across as obnoxious to me. Haven't really listened to their recent stuff though, is there reason to believe I'd like it more?

Been listening to the new Norma Jean like crazy but no songs are on youtube so I'll just post their last album since it also ruled

Vocals are the same over the top style and instrumentals are the same flashy prof except more melodic. PtH fans like to complain over that EP because it isnt Kezia or Fortress.

Have something that we havent brought up in ages

This is also still their best track even if it sounds nothing like their other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZuWdS1Nt9Y

New Ulcerate track is cool

Car Bomb are f***ing my ear drums right now and I love it

Car Bomb is super rad, they should be really good when they open for Dillinger

Revisiting Slipknot's Iowa and falling in love with it all over again, for sure my favorite Slipknot album by a big margin. So dark, mindlessly nihilistic and heavy as f***.

two of my favorite Slipknot songs:

Tbh I listened to .5: The Grey Chapter again recently and didn't really enjoy it much. It just seems so phoned in and flat compared to their earlier stuff. Iowa is definitely my favorite by far, and Vol. 3 is probably second.  

Tbh I listened to .5: The Grey Chapter again recently and didn't really enjoy it much. It just seems so phoned in and flat compared to their earlier stuff. Iowa is definitely my favorite by far, and Vol. 3 is probably second.  

i've never actually listened to their full albums, mostly individual songs via pandora.

Slipknot arent my favorite band in the world but they have some pretty cool moments, listened to about half of Iowa earlier, didnt feel like listening to the rest, nothing bad about the album but it wont be routine for me. One more cool Slipknot track if were gonna go on about them.

jamming this right now. might check out rise to remain later

Heaven In Her Arms are really good, give Envy, Killie, and Daitro a shot too if youre into them.

Best Slipknot song has to be either, Before I Forget or Dead Memories haha, the first 2 I heard by them

You guys should put song titles and artists on your posts xD it won't load any of the videos so i can't even see their titles haha

Another great band is Avenged Sevenfold, their latest album is a bit meh, only really has 3 decent songs on it (Heretic, Shepherd of Fire, Hail to the King) but they're the band that more or less got me into heavier music

@Noise, I think you'll like the band Thy Art Is Murder, similar style to Ulcerate

Best Slipknot song has to be either, Before I Forget or Dead Memories haha, the first 2 I heard by them

You guys should put song titles and artists on your posts xD it won't load any of the videos so i can't even see their titles haha

Another great band is Avenged Sevenfold, their latest album is a bit meh, only really has 3 decent songs on it (Heretic, Shepherd of Fire, Hail to the King) but they're the band that more or less got me into heavier music

@Noise, I think you'll like the band Thy Art Is Murder, similar style to Ulcerate

I used to like A7X when I was in Junior High but I grew out them pretty quickly, used to own a copy of Nightmare but I got rid of it many years ago.

Coral (or Noise) doesnt like TAIM or really any Deathcore besides Mortal Treasons Sunrise Over A Sea of Blood and I wouldnt say they are similar at all to Ulcerate as a fan of both. For me Infinite Death was okay, The Adversary was cool, Hate was generic and mediocre, Holy War had its flaws but is still a worthwhile album and the track They Will Know Another is easily their best and most mature work hoping that their next full length will sound more like that track and less like their previous works, one of the few better mainstream Deathcore bands even if their discography is hit or miss.

Ever hear tell of Aversions Crown?

How many pages back do i have to read to be up to date on this thread xD

Trust me, you're better off not bothering. I posted some pretty embarrassing stuff lol

I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but I definitely think that Iowa is their best overall album, being way more dark, heavy, technical and atmospheric than anything else they've done. Has a very death metal vibe in a lot of places. Few of their best songs I think are "Disasterpiece", "Gently" and "Iowa". 

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold at all, completely wrong side of the spectrum from me lol. Band that got me into heavy music was Underoath, their album Define the Great Line sold me to hardcore music in general. 

Afraid I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on Ulcerate being similar to Thy Art Is Murder. TAIM does little to seperate themselves from most deathcore imo, and I don't like deathcore in general (mostly due to the overabundance of breakdowns, uninspired riffs, bland vocals, flat production). Ulcerate is strictly death metal played with an emphasis on heavy dissonance and atonality being the core principle of their sound, and the songs are ever-evolving and have a very dense, layered atmosphere that makes them sound huge, despite having only three members.

Ulcerate - "Cold Becoming" 

Archived