The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

also I cannot believe I thought for a second your sig's full image was going to be something clean.

lol never look up the full image

I got my preorder of the new Oathbreaker album in the mail today, currently jamming. It's also streaming here if anyone wants to hear it, it's one of my most anticipated albums this year. So far it's stellar.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/premiere-oathbreakers-game-changing-new-album-rheia-will-rip-your-heart-out

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my preorder of the new Oathbreaker album in the mail today, currently jamming. It's also streaming here if anyone wants to hear it, it's one of my most anticipated albums this year. So far it's stellar.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/premiere-oathbreakers-game-changing-new-album-rheia-will-rip-your-heart-out

eh. sometimes they're pretty hot. im almost as perverted, if not as perverted as moog.

i don't really remember, but oathbreaker usually doesn't sound like this, does it? oh there we go. about 2.30 in.

still awesome.

yeahh. good s***.

also I cannot believe I thought for a second your sig's full image was going to be something clean.

Nu Metal was at its best in the 90s back when everyone had spiky Kool-Aid hair and was trying to be Industrial. Good times. rip Spiky kool-aid hair Nu Metal revolution.

midnight Lycanroc has a 10/10 cock, would definitely give the succ to.

Guess ill listen to that new Oathbreaker sometime tomorrow, kinda cant do that tonight and I dont really think I want the feels trip night now. Blegh.

Nu Metal was at its best in the 90s back when everyone had spiky Kool-Aid hair and was trying to be Industrial. Good times. rip Spiky kool-aid hair Nu Metal revolution.

midnight Lycanroc has a 10/10 cock, would definitely give the succ to

i have almost no concept of what 90s Nu Metal was like, besides youtube and such, but yeah. A lot of s*** was better in the 90s. (I swear I'm not one of those people)

edit:

I'm trying to get my (female) friend into metal so as to have more in common with them. They like Country and MCR (plus whatever kind of music is in Hamilton...). I was thinking of seeing how they reacted to Volbeat.. any other recommendations?

i have almost no concept of what 90s Nu Metal was like, besides youtube and such, but yeah. A lot of s*** was better in the 90s. (I swear I'm not one of those people)

edit:

I'm trying to get my (female) friend into metal so as to have more in common with them. They like Country and MCR (plus whatever kind of music is in Hamilton...). I was thinking of seeing how they reacted to Volbeat.. any other recommendations?

I liked your post better when you edited my quote :P

I dunno try something maybe a bit more pop-ish if they are into MCR.

New DGD and TDWP tunes

lol Moog is so subtle in his tastes

I have no clue of what this strange word you consider subtle to actually mean.

The new TDWP tracks have me pretty interested in the new album, I'll be checking it out once it drops next Friday.

New Neurosis came out last week, we never talked about it. I'll be picking it up on Friday but I haven't listened to it much yet.

TDWP are kinda doing what Underoath did on Disambiguation.

Never knew about a new Neurosis but its been a while since ive listened to them so ill be going for it.

:|

i still mean it. idk, just thought it was verging on inappropriate.

quite possibly one of the weirdest videos i have ever watched.

gonna listen to these after neurosis

Dont worry about text too much, the suggestive content that is allowed in writing is way less strict than images. Saying that you wanna get fucked in the butt is one thing just dont give up a big in depth discussion about what anal sex is.

Messengers is a good album but its probably my second least favorite ABR album a bit too clean on the production and easily their most commercial album. Hollow Crown is an epic album. Servitude is a good album but I think Tyrants and their new songs beat it out.

Dude they didn't kick her out. She's the new singer for Arch Enemy, it was all mutual

Several sources including her facebook page talk about how she planned on continuing with The Agonist despite joining Arch Enemy, but the band had went behind her back and went looking for a new vocalist and cut Alissa off from the emails and everything else. 

Anyway, enjoying some classic Zao tonight.

Also, Birds in row played an hour away from me tonight but I couldn't go. I'm pretty sad. 

Several sources including her facebook page talk about how she planned on continuing with The Agonist despite joining Arch Enemy, but the band had went behind her back and went looking for a new vocalist and cut Alissa off from the emails and everything else. 

Anyway, enjoying some classic Zao tonight.

Also, Birds in row played an hour away from me tonight but I couldn't go. I'm pretty sad. 

Ouch, I only ever really looked at it from Angela Gossip's point, and she said that she was planning with Alissa for quite some time before the change was made.

Sucks if that is what happened, i though the people in The Agonist were cool people.

Found this today, not too bad. I prefer it to the original though for some reason 

But this is still such a legendary song 

http://youtu.be/aOnKCcjP8Qs

----

Of course it won't let me embed videos again.

-----

The embedding in this is actually so funked up. It let's me do it basically anywhere else on the forum, except in here. I follow the exact same method to the T and all I get is dirty ass hyperlinks -.-

Ouch, I only ever really looked at it from Angela Gossip's point, and she said that she was planning with Alissa for quite some time before the change was made.

Sucks if that is what happened, i though the people in The Agonist were cool people.

Found this today, not too bad. I prefer it to the original though for some reason 

But this is still such a legendary song 

http://youtu.be/aOnKCcjP8Qs

----

Of course it won't let me embed videos again.

-----

The embedding in this is actually so f***ed up. It let's me do it basically anywhere else on the forum, except in here. I follow the exact same method to the T and all I get is dirty ass hyperlinks -.-

it's probably cause it only shows three videos. in your case, it's prioritizing the ones in the quote over the ones you posted. for some reason.

also it might not embed youtu.be links? that seems to be the case, at least

Yeah I was trying the youtu.be links to see if they'd work, It must be a video limit, which is kinda annoying haha

There's the epic classic anyway

You should be able to embed three (I think) videos max. And yea, really sucks for Alissa because she helped found The Agonist and did all of the lyrics and vocal melodies. Band was way better when she was in it, and I don't really think Arch Enemy benefited from her joining at all. 

Death is rad but the only albums of theirs I really like are Human, Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic

I just woke up 3 am and threw up in the bathroom wooo!

You should be able to embed three (I think) videos max. And yea, really sucks for Alissa because she helped found The Agonist and did all of the lyrics and vocal melodies. Band was way better when she was in it, and I don't really think Arch Enemy benefited from her joining at all.

Death is rad but the only albums of theirs I really like are Human, Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic.

I just woke up 3 am and threw up in the bathroom wooo!

Add The Sound of Perseverance to that list and those are the only ones from Death that I like. All the respect towards their first three albums for the influence and helping the band get up first but after those they transformed into a far better band getting better and better with their musicianship each album.

Throwing up doesnt sound so good.

The fact that The Dead Next Door is my most obscure album in my collection is a fucking sin. That album probably did a lot of influence for the other bands who went onto Solid State as it marked a transition from Metallic Hardcore to the typical early-mid 2000s Metalcore style.

so i was bored and decided to listen to this:

Cant say that I ever was particularly fond of OM&M. The cleans sound totally out of place and the instrumentals just feel like a clash of late 90s/early 2000s trends and 2010s trends. Some of their songs without the cleans are more listenable but even then I was never into them.

New TDWP is a strong contender for AOTY

Also been listening to Post-Metal again

Archived