The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

At least TAIM at their worst are more tolerable than Despised Icon, I Declare War, Black Tongue, The Acacia Strain, and Acrania. Though yeah I agree that the majority of their stuff doesnt do too much outside the typical Deathcore format, even some of their stuff that I like ill admit is only like 2 inches away from being average.

We talking about our entries to Metal? Im glad to say that this was my first ever Metal album. One day back when I was still in Elementary School I was looking through my dads CD collection for stuff to listen to on my walkman and he handed me that album and told me that id like it. And of course I fell in love with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrnOBZaSNwU

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knut are cool but id say that theyre far away from being absolute favorite material.

Oceana might just be the most underrated band in the world

Knut is one of my faves as I don't need to tell you, Challenger is far and away their best (and one of the best core albums of all time imo) but I dig all of their albums for their abstract lyrics and super dense sludge/mathcore hybrid-type sound.

I think Oceana's Birth.Eater is cool but I think The Tide kinda sucks.  

Knut is one of my faves as I don't need to tell you, Challenger is far and away their best (and one of the best core albums of all time imo) but I dig all of their albums for their abstract lyrics and super dense sludge/mathcore hybrid-type sound.

I think Oceana's Birth.Eater is cool but I think The Tide kinda sucks.

Eh I just dont see them as the greatest in the world, theyre good at what they do and I do enjoy them a bit but I feel that there are other Mathcore bands that I care for more.

I dont really see The Tide as a bad album at all. It has a lot of emotion and it still has some atmosphere to it. The guitar work does mirror other more typical Post-Hardcore bands but the feeling to it still feels of its own and it definitely has some quirks that put it above other albums that it gets compared to. I do think that Birth.Eater is better though.

Time to crowdkill a family.

I dont mind me some brutal hardcore but I think that these guys are kinda too slow for what theyre trying to do. The screams sound pretty funking raw and face ripping though.

Birds In Row

I dont mind me some brutal hardcore but I think that these guys are kinda too slow for what theyre trying to do. The screams sound pretty f***ing raw and face ripping though.

Birds In Row

Birds in row is probably one of my favorite current hardcore bands, can't wait to see them next month. 

Just discovered this Mexican band called Joliette, they're absolutely awesome. Their first album is post-everything. Their new one eschews everything beautiful about the first album and just focuses on ripping your face off. 

Full first album Principia

Song from their second album Ataxico

Birds in row is probably one of my favorite current hardcore bands, can't wait to see them next month.

Just discovered this Mexican band called Joliette, they're absolutely awesome. Their first album is post-everything. Their new one eschews everything beautiful about the first album and just focuses on ripping your face off.

Full first album Principia

Song from their second album Ataxico

I like Birds In Row but id still say that I like Oathbreaker and Loma Prieta more.

That Joliette material sounds like its worth giving a dive into.

Also, Haken and one of the best prog records of the past decade.

Never was a fan of Haken I always found them to be pretty boring. Im kinda picky when it comes down to a lot of these new wave of Prog Metal bands. I think Protest the Hero, Opeth, Meshuggah, Between the Buried and Me, and Fallujah are rad bands but stuff like Haken, Animals As Leaders, Leprous, and Tessetact I find to be uninteresting.

Also JANE DOOOOOOEEEEEE

Sonic Syndicate are baaaaaack and they literally have stopped Metal all together and have become one with the cringe. I am unsurprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlYNcnTzjc

lol @ disabled comments and ratings, geeeeeeeee I wonder why they did that.

RAH RAH RAAAAHHH

RAH RAH RAAAAHHH

RAH RAH RAAAAHHH

*deedelydeedelydeedelydeedelydeedeldeedel JUN JUN*

Yea Jane Doe rules

Yeah I mentioned Jane Doe because Gospel had that as his avi right before he changed it.

Listened to this. Noisy Industrial Black Metal with Grindcore elements. It rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYmX8wAEdA

Also these guys are not bad, Industrial Metalcore band with a vocalist that sounds like Corey Taylor.

Yeah I mentioned Jane Doe because Gospel had that as his avi right before he changed it.

Listened to this. Noisy Industrial Black Metal with Grindcore elements. It rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYmX8wAEdA

Also these guys are not bad, Industrial Metalcore band with a vocalist that sounds like Corey Taylor.

Yeah, I change my avi way too much oops. Also, I just put the new Oathbreaker and Deafheaven into my playlists. I'm surprised I like it as much as I do.

Best stuff from Gemini Sydrome's new album:

Judging by those few tracks im not too keen on them but I dont hate them either, I dig the Industrial synths but everything else about them is okay to me.

Yeah, I change my avi way too much oops. Also, I just put the new Oathbreaker and Deafheaven into my playlists. I'm surprised I like it as much as I do.

Oathbreaker and Deafheaven are both great though id say that I like Oathbreaker more.

The Arusha Accord are too underrated

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold at all, completely wrong side of the spectrum from me lol. Band that got me into heavy music was Underoath, their album Define the Great Line sold me to hardcore music in general. 

Afraid I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on Ulcerate being similar to Thy Art Is Murder. TAIM does little to seperate themselves from most deathcore imo, and I don't like deathcore in general (mostly due to the overabundance of breakdowns, uninspired riffs, bland vocals, flat production). Ulcerate is strictly death metal played with an emphasis on heavy dissonance and atonality being the core principle of their sound, and the songs are ever-evolving and have a very dense, layered atmosphere that makes them sound huge, despite having only three members.

I find some Avenged Sevenfold isn't that great, it seems like its more for a "radio friendly" audience. But they still have some great tracks that i love going back and listening to, especially Waking The Fallen. 

I'm not big on Deathcore/Death Metal so i wouldn't be an expert, just from the Ulcerate song i clicked above it sounded similar to TAIM haha

Really enjoying that Aversions Crown whoever put that up, i need to find some better record labels, all the ones i used to follow turned into shitty Pop Rock :/

A band that might be worth checking out, They're only quite small (don't even think they're signed or anything) but they're called Cyranoi, a great little Finnish band (which is where so much metal talent seems to come from) hahaha

Any of you like Arch Enemy? If so, new or old? I think both singers are great, and the guitarist is just perfect

On another note... I clicked on the emoji icon in the post editor, why is Kappa the first thing to come up XD  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  Kappa kappa Kappa haha

-----

Anybody got their hands on Megadeth's Dystopia album? There is some great songs on there too, so much better than their last. And Dave says he plans to make at LEAST 2 more albums before he dies, got a sudden hint of mortality after the (i think it was guitarist?) of Slayer recently passed away

-----

Whoever put up Cane Hill, thumbs up. They're a great band, at least the songs that are still heavy, i don't really like the ones with the weird Marilyn Manson Korn baby style too much haha, Sunday School, Time Bomb and Gemini are their best. Time Bomb is definitely #1 though

I find some Avenged Sevenfold isn't that great, it seems like its more for a "radio friendly" audience. But they still have some great tracks that i love going back and listening to, especially Waking The Fallen. 

I'm not big on Deathcore/Death Metal so i wouldn't be an expert, just from the Ulcerate song i clicked above it sounded similar to TAIM haha

Really enjoying that Aversions Crown whoever put that up, i need to find some better record labels, all the ones i used to follow turned into shitty Pop Rock :/

A band that might be worth checking out, They're only quite small (don't even think they're signed or anything) but they're called Cyranoi, a great little Finnish band (which is where so much metal talent seems to come from) hahaha

Any of you like Arch Enemy? If so, new or old? I think both singers are great, and the guitarist is just perfect

On another note... I clicked on the emoji icon in the post editor, why is Kappa the first thing to come up XD  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  :Kappa:  Kappa kappa Kappa haha

-----

Anybody got their hands on Megadeth's Dystopia album? There is some great songs on there too, so much better than their last. And Dave says he plans to make at LEAST 2 more albums before he dies, got a sudden hint of mortality after the (i think it was guitarist?) of Slayer recently passed away

-----

Whoever put up Cane Hill, thumbs up. They're a great band, at least the songs that are still heavy, i don't really like the ones with the weird Marilyn Manson Korn baby style too much haha, Sunday School, Time Bomb and Gemini are their best. Time Bomb is definitely #1 though

Glad youre into Cane Hill and Aversions Crown as I was the one who threw them up here. Cyranoi sound okay to me but they feel like a lot of other bands that I already know of, might listen to more sometime just to get a more solid opinion. Arch Enemy arent bad but not a Melodeath band that keeps my attention for much, and I never liked Megadeth or really any of the classic Thrash/Heavy Metal bands, they just never appealed to me.

Listened to French Deftones today

Glad youre into Cane Hill and Aversions Crown as I was the one who threw them up here. Cyranoi sound okay to me but they feel like a lot of other bands that I already know of, might listen to more sometime just to get a more solid opinion. Arch Enemy arent bad but not a Melodeath band that keeps my attention for much, and I never liked Megadeth or really any of the classic Thrash/Heavy Metal bands, they just never appealed to me.

Listened to French Deftones today

That's a shame, I can't get enough of Megadeth

What are your thoughts on Iron Maiden?

While we're at it with the old bands, everybody HAS to know Pantera

Farthest back I go is probably the 80s with death/thrash metal and hardcore punk, I'm not really into the classic heavy metal style at all. Of course I know Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Pantera but they don't do much for me (aside from some sick riffs on Rust In Peace)

New Norma Jean is awesome and one of my favorites this year. 

good stuff.

not really sure if this would fall into the category of metal/hardcore, but it's pretty awesome:

>Orchestral music

>IN METAL THREAD

Aeon bruh ya drunk or something

And yeah Pleymo rule.

That's a shame, I can't get enough of Megadeth

What are your thoughts on Iron Maiden?

While we're at it with the old bands, everybody HAS to know Pantera

Nah still not into them either.

Farthest back I go is probably the 80s with death/thrash metal and hardcore punk, I'm not really into the classic heavy metal style at all. Of course I know Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Pantera but they don't do much for me (aside from some sick riffs on Rust In Peace)

New Norma Jean is awesome and one of my favorites this year.

Most of the Death Metal we post though is from the 90s and ahead. I dont listen to much old school Hardcore Punk at all. Anything by Megadeth is not interesting to me, not even Rust In Peace. I jus dont like the Thrash Metulz.

Uneven Structure tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqeYEN6ca4

Archived