The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

New TDWP is really good actually, but it definitely won't be my album of the year. Seriously considering giving that to Meshuggah right now though, the new album is blowing me away. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefc2S7zV60

Welcome back Moog, YCM broke while you were gone. 

No it broke before I left. I actually threw my phone in anger because I thought there was something wrong with the internet itself and I was getting impatient it wasnt a very smart idea.

Never listened to the new Meshuggah yet. Gotta listen to it an the new Neurosis sometime when I can find them.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, new Meshuggah doesn't have a full album video on youtube yet. It's kickass though, really surprised by it. It beats the new Neurosis. A lot of things beat the new Neurosis actually, which is unusual.

:| and there's no playlist either. damn. looks like i'm going into this one blind. oh well. such as life. *downloads album*

so i was bored and decided to listen to this:

They're one of the first bands I got into haha

Cant say that I ever was particularly fond of OM&M. The cleans sound totally out of place and the instrumentals just feel like a clash of late 90s/early 2000s trends and 2010s trends. Some of their songs without the cleans are more listenable but even then I was never into them.

Have you even heard The Depths? Or You Make Me Sick? They're minus the extremely Sleeping With Sirens-esque vocals

They're one of the first bands I got into haha

Have you even heard The Depths? Or You Make Me Sick? They're minus the extremely Sleeping With Sirens-esque vocals

Still is the same sound that I dont care for a whole lot, im aware that they have songs without the scenester clean vocals but they still just sound like Korn mixed with post-Sleepwalking Memphis May Fire except theres no cleans.

Still is the same sound that I dont care for a whole lot, im aware that they have songs without the scenester clean vocals but they still just sound like Korn mixed with post-Sleepwalking Memphis May Fire except theres no cleans.

Harsh XD I'm listening to Korn right now too haha. I didn't feel a Korn sorta vibe in them at any time I listened to them though :L

So you like Original Memphis May Fire? In my opinion Matty never compared to Chase, he's a good singer but I wish we got to see where they were going to go to before their singer left

Harsh XD I'm listening to Korn right now too haha. I didn't feel a Korn sorta vibe in them at any time I listened to them though :L

So you like Original Memphis May Fire? In my opinion Matty never compared to Chase, he's a good singer but I wish we got to see where they were going to go to before their singer left

It was more of just referring to how their sound is essentially Nu Metal + 2010s Metalcore.

Matty is more technically proficient in his vocals but he feels incredibly boring and synthetic whereas Chase was more raw and emotional. The self-titled EP was pretty good and Sleepwalking wasnt so bad either. They were better off when they had a Southern Hardcore vibe.

Heeeey posting the new Dark Tranquillity singles since we're talking about bands I don't like lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzcYx6iWec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_voh9WFbsM

bby not everything is about you

The new DT singles are good but I dont think itll live up to Construct. That album was just greatness.

bby not everything is about you

The new DT singles are good but I dont think itll live up to Construct. That album was just greatness.

YES IT IS

I dig the new tracks but there are still ten that we haven't heard yet, counting down the days until release. 

i remember Projector being alright.

i'll have to listen to Meshuggah tomorrow

Projector would probably be my favorite. Its completely different from the rest of their discography but I love the dark and depressing gothic sound of the album and its beautiful atmosphere.

Projector would probably be my favorite. Its completely different from the rest of their discography but I love the dark and depressing gothic sound of the album and its beautiful atmosphere.

Yea Projector is great but definitely their most out there album. Hoping the new album rules

The southern sound was what attracted me to them to begin with. Any bands you have that sound like Original MMF? Or have that awesome southern guitar style?

Never sat down and listened to Dark Tranquility actively, just the here and there song

-----

This is one of the songs that shaped my musical taste, I remember this when I was like 3, not any real memories, but the song. I remember my dad playing Tool all the time haha

The southern sound was what attracted me to them to begin with. Any bands you have that sound like Original MMF? Or have that awesome southern guitar style?

Never sat down and listened to Dark Tranquility actively, just the here and there song

-----

This is one of the songs that shaped my musical taste, I remember this when I was like 3, not any real memories, but the song. I remember my dad playing Tool all the time haha

Every Time I Die, He Is Legend, Dead and Divine, and Ritual (Done by one of the former members of Dead and Divine) all do a Southern Hardcore sound. Not exactly the same sounding though.

Used to like Tool when I was younger but not anymore. Lateralus was the second Metal album that I ever listened to.

Every Time I Die, He Is Legend, Dead and Divine, and Ritual (Done by one of the former members of Dead and Divine) all do a Southern Hardcore sound. Not exactly the same sounding though.

Used to like Tool when I was younger but not anymore. Lateralus was the second Metal album that I ever listened to.

Yeah I love Every Time I Die, haven't heard of the others though so I'll give them a look. Tool isn't the heavy I like, but the things that went through Maynard's head were pretty amazing honestly haha, I will never lose love for AEnema

Yeah I love Every Time I Die, haven't heard of the others though so I'll give them a look. Tool isn't the heavy I like, but the things that went through Maynard's head were pretty amazing honestly haha, I will never lose love for AEnema

I Am Hollywood and Heavy Fruit are the best for He Is Legend, for Dead and Divine ive only heard their last two albums, and with Ritual ill admit that ive never listened to a full album by them but they sound the exact same as Dead and Divine from what ive heard out of them.

SUN BAT HER and homework this night

actual homework? i had some precalc stuff that was fun. the natural log of a number, without a calculator. because that's totally doable.

Sunbather isn't really my kinda thing, tho i do have a headache right now, so i might check it out later.

Art stuff, carving into clay tiles. Still not done, took a long break from it.

Listening to Ruin now

Art stuff, carving into clay tiles. Still not done, took a long break from it.

Listening to Ruin now

that sounds like it could be fun. architects is good. gotten some other songs from that album on pandora, so i might grab it. (i know it's not metal but woah, green day released a new album.) skillet also did a new album recently that was pretty wicked.

that sounds like it could be fun. architects is good. gotten some other songs from that album on pandora, so i might grab it. (i know it's not metal but woah, green day released a new album.) skillet also did a new album recently that was pretty wicked.

I took too long of a break and now its 2 in the morning and I have 2/5 tiles done blegh. Yeah its fun, though its not my favorite thing to do.

Havent been into Green Day since I was young but Dookie and Insomniac are alright albums. Skillet were a band that I once loved back when I loved Breaking Benjamin and Red but then I got out of them and now I only listen to Alien Youth and Collide. Their newest album is probably the worst thing theyve done to me but I never listened to Rise and I dont really plan on it.

I took too long of a break and now its 2 in the morning and I have 2/5 tiles done blegh. Yeah its fun, though its not my favorite thing to do.

Havent been into Green Day since I was young but Dookie and Insomniac are alright albums. Skillet were a band that I once loved back when I loved Breaking Benjamin and Red but then I got out of them and now I only listen to Alien Youth and Collide. Their newest album is probably the worst thing theyve done to me but I never listened to Rise and I dont really plan on it.

dude it's like 1:30 for me. i wait... i'm tired. i was about to be like you live close to me, then i remembered that you live in like canada, right?

Green Day's pretty good. I somehow manage to maintain a pretty varied musical taste. but one kind of music right into another can be kind of jarring.

newest Skillet wasn't too too different from Rise. was still pretty good, imo. but like i said, i have a varied taste in music.

anyways; Opeth:

dude it's like 1:30 for me. i wait... i'm tired. i was about to be like you live close to me, then i remembered that you live in like canada, right?

Green Day's pretty good. I somehow manage to maintain a pretty varied musical taste. but one kind of music right into another can be kind of jarring.

newest Skillet wasn't too too different from Rise. was still pretty good, imo. but like i said, i have a varied taste in music.

anyways; Opeth:

Trust me man I keep an open agenda too when it comes down to the musikz. Also that wasnt Opeth lol.

And yeah im Canadian.

Archived