The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only fan of The Black Dahlia Murder here?

:<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgxAaCjsYq0

Posted this song cause it's the one most people tend to like before they listen a lot. If you like this song, check out their album Ritual. In my opinion, it's one of the greatest released in metal ever.

Hate the vocals but everything else is pretty sweet.

Lolz. Trevor Strnad is one of the most versatile metal vocalists there is. His ability to do highs like he does is unfathomable to most. Of course, it's not everyone's thing. I personally love the vocals, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV__fKKqjOI

This is about perfect range for me. You could say they cheat by having two vocalists but who gives a s***.

How can you not post the band that started it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3LAFJbKyY&feature=related

Dude your so wrong metallica didn't start heavy metal it was Black Sabbath.

Both wrong. There have been metal bands for decades before Black Sabbath. No one in specific said, "Hey, this is heavy." I DO believe Black Sabbath called it metal, but there were bands that played similar music long before them. Couldn't list any of the top of my head, but believe me. Of course, Black Sabbath became famous because they had more of a pop sensibility to their music (this doesn't mean they're a pop band, it means they know what people want to listen to). Whereas most of the earlier bands were likely a bit experimental, as the sound of metal hadn't been solidified. Of course, it still HASN'T, due to all of the genres and sub-genres (metalcore, deathcore, technical death metal, screamo [which is a genre of hardcore punk that is derived from the genre emo, which is made up of bands such as Algernon Cadwallader and Cap'n Jazz], progressive metalcore, etc.). Plus, bands from the scene crowd aren't doing the world of metal any favors *cough*AskingAlexandriaAttackAttackEscapetheFateBringmetheHorizonTheDevilWearsPradaetc.*cough*

Plus I detest thrash metal (yeah Metallica, that means you), since it's so easy to write, resulting in it having an incredible lack of creativity. Plus it just sounds stupid. ("HEY LET'S SPEEDPICK THIS CHORD, NOW THIS ONE, NOW THIS ONE, NOW THIS ONE, NOW SOLO, NOW SPEEDPICK AGAIN!")

inb4igethatefordissingmetallica

Both wrong. There have been metal bands for decades before Black Sabbath. No one in specific said, "Hey, this is heavy." I DO believe Black Sabbath called it metal, but there were bands that played similar music long before them. Couldn't list any of the top of my head, but believe me. Of course, Black Sabbath became famous because they had more of a pop sensibility to their music (this doesn't mean they're a pop band, it means they know what people want to listen to). Whereas most of the earlier bands were likely a bit experimental, as the sound of metal hadn't been solidified. Of course, it still HASN'T, due to all of the genres and sub-genres (metalcore, deathcore, technical death metal, screamo [which is a genre of hardcore punk that is derived from the genre emo, which is made up of bands such as Algernon Cadwallader and Cap'n Jazz], progressive metalcore, etc.). Plus, bands from the scene crowd aren't doing the world of metal any favors *cough*AskingAlexandriaAttackAttackEscapetheFateBringmetheHorizonTheDevilWearsPradaetc.*cough*

Plus I detest thrash metal (yeah Metallica, that means you), since it's so easy to write, resulting in it having an incredible lack of creativity. Plus it just sounds stupid. ("HEY LET'S SPEEDPICK THIS CHORD, NOW THIS ONE, NOW THIS ONE, NOW THIS ONE, NOW SOLO, NOW SPEEDPICK AGAIN!")

inb4igethatefordissingmetallica

Metal went through its phases, it started with the NWBHM in the 70s with Maiden and Priest then came the thrash movement in the 80s. (which was basically a backlash from the early punk music in the 60s and 70s) When the 90s rolled around people started snorting gratuitous amounts of cocaine making thrash faster and less coherent and thus spawned death metal. After that people just threw everything into a blender and whatever came out they labeled as some new genre. (this "core" bullshit didn't show up until the 2000s)

Metal went through its phases, it started with the NWBHM in the 70s with Maiden and Priest then came the thrash movement in the 80s. (which was basically a backlash from the early punk music in the 60s and 70s) When the 90s rolled around people started snorting gratuitous amounts of cocaine making thrash faster and less coherent and thus spawned death metal. After that people just threw everything into a blender and whatever came out they labeled as some new genre. (this "core" bullshit didn't show up until the 2000s)

Dude what is NWBHM means?

Basically.

And yes, core is bullshit.

And shouldn't exist.

Dude your so wrong metallica didn't start heavy metal it was Black Sabbath.

Well, Metallica was part of the Big Four, so if they didn't start it, they surely revolutionized it.

Basically.

And yes, core is bullshit.

And shouldn't exist.

I agree with this statement, but keep in mind that that is your opinion and not fact. I listen to core on occasion so I respect the genre.

Death Metal sucks. *shot*

one advice here don't say such things of other metal genders if you don't like death metal you don't have to say it all of us here should know every metal genre like power,speed,Gothic,Black,White,Glam,Death,industrial,Nu,Melodic death metal And classic metal Belongs to the same music HEAVY METAL. So please dude please

Archived