The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do try our best, good sir. Like someone said before (I can't be bothered to look back to give proper credit), not all metalheads are "RAWRMETALISALLTHATEXISTS" and bash/shun those that don't share our opinion. I won't deny that metalheads do that, because there are plenty of those idiots out there, but if you delve deeper into the underground scene you'll find that many of us aren't extremists when it comes to the genre. We're just like you: Open-minded, but with a preference. I could even go to far as to say some of us are even, dare I say, sophisticated. I, for one, keep a very open mind when it comes to music. I'm not saying I listen to everything because that's clearly untrue, but I will give anything a fair chance. Obviously metal is my preference, but I'm also fond of techno, classical, folk music and even a lot of hip-hop/rap. I think music bashing in general is fairly stupid. Everyone has their opinion on music genres and to think that your opinion makes you superior to one that doesn't share it is just asinine. I don't bash any music for that reason. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's as simple as that. One man's noise is another man's masterpiece. That's basically all I have to contribute. xD

This is a really good wise message dude your a honest guy lml.

And you get rep and add.

I like more brutal death metal and technical death metal. But sometimes I'll put in a Highland Glory or Sonata Arctica cd. Just a guilty pleasure I suppose :|

Some power metal is great when it's not really cheesy (Serenity).

I like some technical death metal, but I think a lot of it flows together and doesn't stand out much, just my opinion. Not really my style I guess.

Some power metal is great when it's not really cheesy (Serenity).

I like some technical death metal, but I think a lot of it flows together and doesn't stand out much, just my opinion. Not really my style I guess.

I like cheesy power metal (Freedom Call and Power Quest.) But i'm always open to new stuff. Sometimes.

Archived