Dark

Round 0, Match 0  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the winner?

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dark, I appreciate your confidence bro, but this is the end of the line :/
I'm betting the entire Powerforce will back Clair, and [u]a bunch[/u] of other people who've talked to her.
I've got the Akatsuki backing me and maybe a few people from RP.820 and CK/FTK (may sound like more, but a lot of the same members are in each).
If I'm going to lose to someone though, glad it's Clair since I believe she'll be #1 this time xP

I really doubt that. There are really two things that affect voting in the YMB, with the exception of enmities, but I doubt anyone hates you or Clair.

First, if you know the person. If people see two members in a thread, let's say Dark and Clair, we must take into account how well each person is known.

So let's say that three out of ten people know me, seven out of ten people know Clair, and two out of ten people know both of us

The one out of ten person will vote for me, because I'm the person he knows in the thread.
The five out of ten people will vote for Clair, because she is the only person they know in the thread.
The two out of ten people will vote for the person they know better.

In the end, I'll probably end up getting two out of ten votes, Clair six out of ten votes, and the other 20% of voters who know neither of us will vote randomly.

So, between you and Clair, I'd say that Clair knows more people. However, I feel like you two share many "common friends", and you appeal to them more. As such, despite her knowing more people, you know many of the people she knows better, thus stealing potential votes away from her.

I also don't like how clubs feel they are required to support someone of the same club and blindly vote for that person. It's pretty retarded considering it makes them seem like morons with no actual opinion, but hey, I'm not one to judge.

Closest Match per round is too hard to decide if more than one match ties, and Closest Match per the entire brawl is too subjective.

I like Rough Road, though. I might just have Overdrive make an extra trophy, color black, of course, for the person who got the farthest versing the toughest opponents.

On that note, Overdrive is ready to make the trophies even though his shop is closed down. <3

also, fusion, which nigga is beating clair 8-5 right now, yeah moron

Fusion, I hate to sound like the complete selfish ass, but if you would have never voted for Clair and the votes stayed the same, there never would have been a tie and you would have one.

Then again, Clair didn't have to vote for you, so meh.

14-13 and 17-16...

Wow.

I'll get everything situated and post Round 4 matchups. Y'all don't need to post anything for Round 4, so let the host do something for a change. =P

ragnarok1945 vs. Smesh (4-1)
Marisa vs. Legend Zero (4-2)
Nexev vs. Andx (4-3)
~Cherry~ vs. Clair (4-4)

I'll probably start 4-1 tomorrow.

None of these look obvious at first glance. 4-1 pits a popular member against a legend. 4-2 pits two very well-known members against each other. 4-3 pits two people with x's in their names.

And 4-4...

I'm sorry, Clair. Two rounds of constant fighting for you. D':

Clair and Cherry are going to cap a b*tch when they see this.
Seriously.
Nexev and Andx will be epic, Smesh may have another toughie (though I have faith in him), and I have no idea how Marisa and Zero will play out.
As for voting Clair, I thought I'd show back the kindness she showed me.
You know, "treat as others as they treat unto you".
Or however it goes.
So just making sure, these are 48 hours, then Round 5 will be 72 hours, and the final 96?

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1295668977' post='4950045']
Clair and Cherry are going to cap a b*tch when they see this.
Seriously.
Nexev and Andx will be epic, Smesh may have another toughie (though I have faith in him), and I have no idea how Marisa and Zero will play out.
As for voting Clair, I thought I'd show back the kindness she showed me.
You know, "treat as others as they treat unto you".
Or however it goes.
So just making sure, these are 48 hours, then Round 5 will be 72 hours, and the final 96?
[/quote]

Yes. Round 5 consists of the semifinal matches and the match to determine third place, while Round 6 consists of the final match.

Round 7 is the six-member voting thing that I believe you suggested, and that pretty much wraps it up. Round 7 also gives Overdrive some time to make the awards, since I don't need to hand 'em out until the project closes officially.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1295669260' post='4950062']
Another tough one for LZ huh? I just couldn't catch a break this whole tourney.
[/quote]

To be fair, you being matched up with ANYONE this round would have been a tough one. So stop complaining. :[b][/b]D

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1295670026' post='4950096']
To be fair, you being matched up with ANYONE this round would have been a tough one. So stop complaining. :[b][/b]D
[/quote]
And it's only going to get worse. D:

[quote name='Omega Red' timestamp='1295675369' post='4950263']
I had to go up against Death Metal and Strawberry in the last YMB - so I feel your pain.
[/quote]
Going up against Strawberry would be suicide....my condolences.

Archived