When to run Royal Decrees?

[spoiler=card][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100811081558/yugioh/images/8/80/RoyalDecreeRP02-EN-R-UE.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Thought I'd ask this to TCG. Most decks run a handful of Traps (mainly the staples) against each other. My question is, when is it a better idea to be running 2-3 Royal Decrees in your Main Deck instead of a trap lineup?

Some people say is because it helps protect OTK based decks but in a lot of builds most people just plain don't run traps.

Maybe its better just to be used as a Side Deck card. What do I know, I'm bad at Yugimonz. Help me TCG (:

You should run Decree when you want a deck that uses Decree, either because of preference or because traps can completely ruin you. It's best as a side deck strategy in my opinion.

When you run Decree, you pretty much have 3 options:
3 Decree and 0 other traps
3 Decree and 1-2 traps (2 being very rare)
2 Decree and 2-3 traps (Not recommended)

In addition, you have the options of:
3 Trap Stun and 1-2 other trap
2 Trap Stun and any number of traps
1-3 Trap Stun and 0 other traps

It's a deck style preference more than anything.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1299963410' post='5069312']
You should run Decree when you want a deck that uses Decree, either because of preference or because traps can completely ruin you. It's best as a side deck strategy in my opinion.

When you run Decree, you pretty much have 3 options:
3 Decree and 0 other traps
3 Decree and 1-2 traps (2 being very rare)
2 Decree and 2-3 traps (Not recommended)

In addition, you have the options of:
3 Trap Stun and 1-2 other trap
2 Trap Stun and any number of traps

It's a deck style preference more than anything.
[/quote]

Only the Rebel runs Decree with other traps...
>_<

First of all, don't run it in any deck with Treeborn, Gorz and Trag. Decree is most often used in decks that need a high monster or spell count to make as much room as possible for the cards you need. It is used for this reason in OTKs that rely on solely on Spells and/or Monsters. Basically, if you need room in a deck with no Gorz/Trag/Frog, then you can use 3 Decrees.

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1300054435' post='5072008']
First of all, don't run it in any deck with Treeborn, Gorz and Trag. Decree is most often used in decks that need a high monster or spell count to make as much room as possible for the cards you need. It is used for this reason in OTKs that rely on solely on Spells and/or Monsters. Basically, if you need room in a deck with no Gorz/Trag/Frog, then you can use 3 Decrees.
[/quote]

Tragoedia ca be summonedd f you control decree, it only requires you to take battle damage.

I often run 3 decree in heroes - their worst enemies are normally trap cards - warning - oppression - bottomless - trap hole - torrential

you can't go into a -X condition and not have some sort of protection to insure your investment - that would be like sky diving without life insurance

I've tried bribes - stun and even paradox fusion - decree does so much now because without heavy you get trolled by trap.dek opening and 4 card back row set

time to troll them right back

Archived