Desert Twister + Frost and Flame Dragon

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070906023320/yugioh/images/thumb/1/10/DesertTwisterTAEV-EN-UR-1E.jpg/300px-DesertTwisterTAEV-EN-UR-1E.jpg[/img]
"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 1 EARTH and 2 WIND monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field."

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070906023313/yugioh/images/thumb/a/af/FrostandFlameDragonTAEV-EN-ScR-1E.jpg/300px-FrostandFlameDragonTAEV-EN-ScR-1E.jpg[/img]
"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 1 FIRE and 2 WATER monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to destroy 1 monster on the field."

Created back when Chaos Sorcerer was banned. They were okay cards back then, but now they're well outclassed (in my opinion). Doesn't make too much sense, besides its appearance, for Desert Twister to be a Fiend. What do you guys think of these two?

Chaos Sorcerer > These.

I think the main reason is because of the Attribute match-up they gave each card. I mean, what deck runs Fire [i]and[/i] Water monsters unless its for the sake of summoning this. The cards however are pretty balanced and look cool. They are more for fun decks than anything else right now IMO.

Frost and Flame Dragon = Future Abuse: Gravity Bind, Flame Sprite, Drill Barnacle... and maybe Wave Motion Cannon
I'm going to make a tester for that deck as soon as I can...

I've treid to make decks for both of these cards but I am always at a loss since it is hard to find Synergy between the Types
They even lack abilities to combine for simple swarm tactics... its hard to do, but there are some ways to get them out and once they are they can be rather effective...

I wish the destroy abilities were switched though... sorta, lol

[quote name='Canadian' timestamp='1300643348' post='5085338']
Chaos Sorcerer > These.
[/quote]
This.

I wouldn't mind seeing more 2 Attributed Decks though besides Chaos, wouldn't mind some Fire / Water Competition. I guess you could call a Fire / Water Deck like, Steam and Earth / Wind....yeah, don't got one for Earth / Wind. But even if they did make more 2 Attributed Decks / Variants (that work), I'd still say Chaos is better.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1300664090' post='5086316']
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dust_Release Close enough.

They are okay cards themselves. It's just finding a deck they would actually fit into. Chaos Sorcerer is really splashable, and these... not so much.
[/quote]
This is because Konami has failed, or at the least, not yet attempted to make more Archetypes of contrasted Attributes that can work together.

-Edit-

Dust Sorcerer - EARTH / WIND - Level 6
Spellcaster / Effect
ATK 2500 - DEF 2800
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 EARTH and 1 WIND monster in your Graveyard from play. Once per turn, you can return 1 Set card on your opponent's side of the field, and Set 1 card on yours. Every time you use this effect, you can return 1 additional card and Set 1 additional card (max. 3). If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Steam Sorcerer - FIRE / WATER - Level 6
Spellcaster / Effect
ATK 2700 - DEF 2400
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard from play. Once per turn, you can increase your Life Points by 500 and decrease your opponent's Life Points by 500. Every time you use this effect, double the amount of Life Points your opponent's gets decreased by and the amount of Life Points your's gets increased by. (max. 1500). If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Yay or Nay?

[quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1300666406' post='5086400']
Steam needs at least 500 to be worth using.
[/quote]
Fix'd.

Not that it matters really, since Konami isn't going to see this anytime soon, or further more, make other 2 Attributed Archetypes / Decks / Whatever You May Call Its.

I really like the concept behind these guys, and how they were a "new" take on the whole chaos gimmick.
But sadly, they just aren't really [i]that[/i] strong.
Though I do like how Frost and Flame can fit into a few weird plant builds.

Still... Why the hell is Frost & Flame a Secret Rare?

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1300671071' post='5086577']
the least splashable/dumpable types-
[/quote]
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081007184656/yugioh/images/thumb/f/f3/SkreechGLAS-EN-ScR-1E.jpg/300px-SkreechGLAS-EN-ScR-1E.jpg[/img]
:mellow:

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1300671330' post='5086588']
I was mainly meaning back then, but I did honestly forget about the WATER engines, and the fact that Gusta have a sure-fire way of flooding the grave.
[/quote]
IMO, Frost and Flame is a lot easier to get to the field then Twister is.
Mostly because there are a handful of WATER and FIREs that can fit nicely together without really messing any of the deck up.

Archived