Gift of the Meklord Emperors

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110221113832/yugioh/images/thumb/7/73/GiftoftheMachineEmperorsEXVC-JP-C.jpg/300px-GiftoftheMachineEmperorsEXVC-JP-C.jpg[/img]
Activate only if the only monsters on the field are 2 face-up "Meklord" monsters. Draw 2 cards. During the turn this card is activated, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase.

Disc on terribleness.[/center]

Exactly 2 is what hurts it. If it was "2 or more", it'd be better. Losing your Battle Phase afterwards just adds more sting.

And yet, it's a better draw card than Pot of the Crimson Devil Dragon.

EDIT: Re-read it. WAIT, WHAT?! "The only monsters on the field"?! Is that translated right? If so, now it's worthless.

I actually think it should have kept the anime effect. "Draw 1 card for every Machine Imperial or Machine Emperor monster you control". Even if they said "You can only activate this card if the only monsters you control are Machine Imperial or Machine Emperor monsters", it would actually be okay.

Sad, because the biggest flaw with the Machine Imperials is they want to get 3 out to bring out Asterisk, but can almost never do it due to hand advantage and an inability to swarm well.

Insisting that the ONLY monsters on the FIELD must be EXACTLY 2...it's just cruel. I rather run Reckless Greed.

Yeah...if Asterisk wasn't a Semi-Nomi it would have been okay. And if it didn't require Tributing your monsters.

I think Konami forgot that the good boss monsters should be worth trying to get out. Asterisk was epic in the anime, and had very clear flaws despite that. They removed everything good about it.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1300727325' post='5087520']
Yeah...if Asterisk wasn't [b]a Semi-Nomi[/b] it would have been okay. And if it didn't require Tributing your monsters.
[/quote]

According to the wikia, it technically isn't a Semi-Nomi. While it can't be Normal Summoned or Set, requiring 3 Meklords is just one way to SS it.
But it is still junk.

It should have said exactly [b]3[/b] and draw [b]3[/b], and [b]not have the "skip Battle Phase" condition[/b]. Then it could be used like the anime used it IIRC.

Personally, I wish they would just nerf the anime cards just so that they could still be used for their anime purpose and not get the n00bs confused.

[quote name='Mystery Guest' timestamp='1300747380' post='5088188']
According to the wikia, it technically isn't a Semi-Nomi. While it can't be Normal Summoned or Set, requiring 3 Meklords is just one way to SS it.
But it is still junk.

It should have said exactly [b]3[/b] and draw [b]3[/b], and [b]not have the "skip Battle Phase" condition[/b]. Then it could be used like the anime used it IIRC.

Personally, I wish they would just nerf the anime cards just so that they could still be used for their anime purpose and not get the n00bs confused.
[/quote]

Considering my translation of this card (from Shriek or wherever, about a month or so back when I updated my YVD sets) also just said you need to control exactly 2 (nothing about only monsters on the field), it's possible that I have an outdated translation of Asterisk. But I remember this series of events:

- Asterisk translation. People note a Machine Dupe combo.

- Asterisk translation updated. Asterisk is now a Semi-Nomi. It is called junk.

Archived