Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir

At first, I was skeptical at how it was a trap, for almost any card can be improved by making a spell...right?

Apparently, not in this card's case. That "surprise" factor that many have mentioned never occurred to me, but now I realize that this card is simply amazing due to that "surprise" making your opponent possibly waste resources just so you can chain this and proceed on with whatever you plan to do.

This is pro as a Trap. Opponent attacks a monster. Activate this, choose Tanngnjostr. Monster is destroyed, Special Summon Tanng. On your turn, turn it to ATK position, search a Nordic Beast, play the next monster that'll let you Synchro for 10, laugh.

Also it's super chainable and has no level or type restrictions, lettng you grab any Nordic, including the level 5 Tuner if you ran that.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1301171076' post='5098389']
The Fetters were supposed to keep Fenrir in place so he didn't kill everything. This card makes it so that you do the opposite and "unleash Fenrir".
[/quote]

Which kind of makes sense in the anime. Harald used it to add Fenrir to his hand.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1301171076' post='5098389']
The Fetters were supposed to keep Fenrir in place so he didn't kill everything. This card makes it so that you do the opposite and "unleash Fenrir".
[/quote]
I interpreted the picture as Gleipnir being broken. You're right though, in any sense it doesn't make.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1301156997' post='5097813']
This is pro as a Trap. Opponent attacks a monster. Activate this, choose Tanngnjostr. Monster is destroyed, Special Summon Tanng. On your turn, turn it to ATK position, search a Nordic Beast, play the next monster that'll let you Synchro for 10, laugh.

Also it's super chainable and has no level or type restrictions, lettng you grab any Nordic, including the level 5 Tuner if you ran that.
[/quote]

why would you summon a god when you could summon better monsters

Archived